nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i think i found my new favorite manga and a new rumbles fighter.

"Gori-sen" is a manga that was apparently published on twitter. its about gori, your typical gorilla P.E. teacher who finds himself in horror, action and shonen tropes that would normally see the teacher being killed but he just casually ignores them with his godlike strength and durablity.

in one chapter, he gets isekai'd to another world and its goddess tells him that he was summoned there to kill the demon lord. gori isn't having any of that **** and says he wants to leave because he thinks its a prank. the goddess says he's not allowed to return to his world until he beats the demon lord. so gori does the next best thing: CASUALLY TEARS A HOLE BETWEEN DIMENSIONS WITH HIS BARE HANDS!!

Extraordinary Member

Oh, they're gonna cover the pilot chapter as well. Fun.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I gotta admit...my trip was pretty damn bitter. My fiancée's father was a low key dick who made my parents pay a lot for expenses because of the notion being US citizens means we're loaded, gets annoyed when whatever my mother has booked apparently sucks, and is just a disrespectful jackass tbh.

My Dad snapped and made it clear he wasn't going to take that ****. There were apologies but the damage was done.

...And my fiancée's mother (whose very sweet) accidently told me this morning that my fiancée herself told her I don't love her and I'm doing this relationship for my parents. I am beyond hurt and disappointed to hear of that.

I need some time alone to process that but wow.

Edit: Yeah, I'll probably confront her bout this eventually but yeah...A little stunned atm
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 10-23-2023 at 08:57 AM.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

don't follow either series so don't know how accurate any of that was, also have no idea how next battle is supposed to go, or even work for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    don't follow either series so don't know how accurate any of that was, also have no idea how next battle is supposed to go, or even work for that matter
    They actually did good research for this fight, so, it's one of the few times that they were accurate with their assessments and conclusion without extrapolation or hyperbole. Well, except for their exaggerations of claiming that Gojo's "presence alone" caused tremors when it was the act of blasting himself out of Prison Realm after Jakob's Ladder destroyed it or how Makima blasted Pochita "out of orbit", when it was the uppermost atmosphere (exosphere). But I'm admittedly being somewhat nitpicky there.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 10-23-2023 at 11:13 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I gotta admit...my trip was pretty damn bitter. My fiancée's father was a low key dick who made my parents pay a lot for expenses because of the notion being US citizens means we're loaded, gets annoyed when whatever my mother has booked apparently sucks, and is just a disrespectful jackass tbh.

My Dad snapped and made it clear he wasn't going to take that ****. There were apologies but the damage was done.

...And my fiancée's mother (whose very sweet) accidently told me this morning that my fiancée herself told her I don't love her and I'm doing this relationship for my parents. I am beyond hurt and disappointed to hear of that.

Edit: Yeah, I'll probably confront her bout this eventually but yeah...A little stunned atm
    That... sounds like a terrible trip. I'm so sorry you had to experience that

I think an eventual confrontation is necessary at this point, though. The kind of damage these kinds of comments can do to a relationship though, even if it's due to a misunderstanding in the end is long-lasting. That they are coming from your fiancée... I can't imagine the hurt. Again, I'm so sorry, and hope things improve for you.

All that said, here for ya. If you need to vent, or want advice, or anything really, my DMs are always open.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

just one problem after another with this, my dude. sucks you have to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    i know almost nothing about gojo and makima, outside of this vid, but did that fight seem a bit..........flirty?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That... sounds like a terrible trip. I'm so sorry you had to experience that

I think an eventual confrontation is necessary at this point, though. The kind of damage these kinds of comments can do to a relationship though, even if it's due to a misunderstanding in the end is long-lasting. That they are coming from your fiancée... I can't imagine the hurt. Again, I'm so sorry, and hope things improve for you.

All that said, here for ya. If you need to vent, or want advice, or anything really, my DMs are always open.
    Thank you. I mean the trip was nice but it's the little things that kind of just sour it. The fallout of it after enduring a couple of long flights home with jet lag and cold certainly didn't help. I'm not angry enough to be in a foul mood. Just disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    just one problem after another with this, my dude. sucks you have to deal with that.
    Yeah. It's probably something I'll deal with but now I just kinda feel pretty hollow at the moment to hear out for now.

i know almost nothing about gojo and makima, outside of this vid, but did that fight seem a bit..........flirty?
    That's mostly just their natural personalities (Gojo's very playful and cocky, and Makima's whole schtick is that she's domineering and seductive), though sinc both fandoms love shipping them together, I wouldn't be surprised if DB was leaning on that.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 10-23-2023 at 12:31 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That's mostly just their natural personalities (Gojo's very playful and cocky, and Makima's whole schtick is that she's domineering and seductive), though sinc both fandoms love shipping them together, I wouldn't be surprised if DB was leaning on that.
    i would approve of this ship, even if i know nothing about them.

the more i hear about the MGS collection, the more disappointed i become.

the more i hear about the MGS collection, the more disappointed i become.
    Oh yeah, heard bout it...It's pretty depressing.