Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Saw this on the Spider-man forum. Sadly not a real comic. But one can always dream.

Mostly unrelated, but I can't believe the lack of media literacy that permeates the SM fandom since they actually believe that spoilers:
    Peter wanting to take a break at the end of Spider-Man 2 is a sign that Miles is going to permanently replace him as Spider-Man, even after Bryan Intihar proclaimed that wasn't the case(which anyone with a brain would understand just from the conversation they had and the scene between Norman and Otto). It's like they completely missed the context of the entire story, which is about him taking responsibility for himself as Peter Parker - not just his superhero alter-ego - such as maintaining his job, nurturing his social relationships(especially with his girlfriend) and most importantly, taking the time to properly process everything he's been through because, as we've seen, he has been under immense amount of stress, carries a lot of unresolved guilt and self-hatred that he needs to work through both for himself and for those that depend on him. It's no different than when Pete and MJ went on vacation for a couple of weeks during the events of Miles Morales.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Mostly unrelated, but I can't believe the lack of media literacy that permeates the SM fandom since they actually believe that spoilers:
    Peter wanting to take a break at the end of Spider-Man 2 is a sign that Miles is going to permanently replace him as Spider-Man, even after Bryan Intihar proclaimed that wasn't the case(which anyone with a brain would understand just from the conversation they had and the scene between Norman and Otto). It's like they completely missed the context of the entire story, which is about him taking responsibility for himself as Peter Parker - not just his superhero alter-ego - such as maintaining his job, nurturing his social relationships(especially with his girlfriend) and most importantly, taking the time to properly process everything he's been through because, as we've seen, he has been under immense amount of stress, carries a lot of unresolved guilt and self-hatred that he needs to work through both for himself and for those that depend on him. It's no different than when Pete and MJ went on vacation for a couple of weeks during the events of Miles Morales.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I've heard about these reactions. And I will admit that my kneejerk reaction when I was done with the main story was one of protest. But during the end credits I talked myself through the story and what it was actually going for.

spoilers:
    Yes, Miles saves Peter multiple times through the story, is the one who saves what's left of Harry, and Peter takes a break from being Spider-man at the end. But Inomniac isn't saying that Miles is the superior Spider-man or that he's replacing Peter or any such nonsense. They're just showing that the kid is stepping and earning the Spider-man mantle while Peter is having the worst time of his life... since the last time he had the worst time of his life. And unlike in the comics and (to a lesser extent) the MCU, this is a world with proper consequences for the transpired events. Peter needs to refocus and readjust and the shit he's been through. And that includes a break from it all to work on himself.I have praised how Peter took a vaccation during Miles game because it shows that he's taking care of himself (how many Peter Parkers do that), and this is just another example of that same healthy behaviour.

Insomniac clearly aren't done with Peter. And I think that when the next game comes around he'll have recovered enough to be the best version of himself he can be. At least I hope so.
    end of spoilers

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

why are they making ezekeial simms the villain of the madam web movie?

better yet, why did they make a madam web movie at all?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

that's doom riding a t-rex version of himself.

i friggin love this run!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard about these reactions. And I will admit that my kneejerk reaction when I was done with the main story was one of protest. But during the end credits I talked myself through the story and what it was actually going for.

spoilers:
    Yes, Miles saves Peter multiple times through the story, is the one who saves what's left of Harry, and Peter takes a break from being Spider-man at the end. But Inomniac isn't saying that Miles is the superior Spider-man or that he's replacing Peter or any such nonsense. They're just showing that the kid is stepping and earning the Spider-man mantle while Peter is having the worst time of his life... since the last time he had the worst time of his life. And unlike in the comics and (to a lesser extent) the MCU, this is a world with proper consequences for the transpired events. Peter needs to refocus and readjust and the shit he's been through. And that includes a break from it all to work on himself.I have praised how Peter took a vaccation during Miles game because it shows that he's taking care of himself (how many Peter Parkers do that), and this is just another example of that same healthy behaviour.

Insomniac clearly aren't done with Peter. And I think that when the next game comes around he'll have recovered enough to be the best version of himself he can be. At least I hope so.
    end of spoilers
    I expect the next Spidey game will be another Miles centric one, then Peter will pick up the mantle again in a Spider-Man 3

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

So I have two story ideas, one fantasy and one scifi like. Both are pretty much close to be posted as RPG games here, but I was curious: which should I post?

Are people feeling fantasy or sci-fi?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I can post story elements/ general ideas for either too if that helps with the decision.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I can post story elements/ general ideas for either too if that helps with the decision.
    Could maybe post the elements and let it marinate for awhile. You've been going strong for awhile now, figure at the very least you deserve a bit of a break. Especially since the last game was roughly 4 years long and only just finished.

Just my opinion mind, you know you better than I do
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So I finally get my stuff together and will stream and comment on this random tournament...I tried earlier but things kept getting in my way.

...Probably not sure how I will feel if Charles Barkley Chaos Dunk on Mr. Miyagi.

So I have two story ideas, one fantasy and one scifi like. Both are pretty much close to be posted as RPG games here, but I was curious: which should I post?

In your past campaigns, I'd become accustomed to having both.

Curious to see how this might affect the setting and systems if you settle on one or the other.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/live/kg8TtqV...LPd5GICRnkMm44

Feel free to mock my commentary. Hope to see some faces!

I feel like both or either one.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I expect the next Spidey game will be another Miles centric one, then Peter will pick up the mantle again in a Spider-Man 3
    That's what most people took when Insomniac stated that Miles would be the main Spider-Man for upcoming games. spoilers:
    Especially with Cindy Moon being set up as his potential team mate.
    end of spoilers But people want to cling to their initial preconceptions just so that they can be angry.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out