Too strong for Power Rangers to adapt!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Falgain sounding more and more interesting.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh dear. What’s up?
    Nothing too out of the ordinary, just the unfortunately normal lewd and rule 34 type stuff.

It just annoys me more when the series it's done to isn't (or hasn't as far as I've seen) even being suggestive towards such things.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh yeah, did a stream on a wrestling game with created characters I downloaded/made the night before Thanksgiving. Here's the post I made yesterday.

But yes, all in my youtube channel.
    Weird, but okay, cool - I’m a sucker for the bad guys winning.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Been trying out some more plant-based cooking lately. Not going to commit to a complete switch to vegetarian, not sure I could handle that especially straight away but more of a broadening of horizons I suppose.

That and it's winter, it's getting cold as hell and lentils cook quicker than most meats for soups.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but anyone have any recommendations? All paths seem to lead to dal or chana masala, which I don't dislike but I don't have the proper experience or palate to cook Indian food.
    You have come to the right place!!

For easy stuff that still tastes great, and hilarious recipes, try Thug Kitchen. Website, give Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures a shot. If you have any questions about plant based eating, feel free to fire them my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Haven't tried it yet, but I was planning to do a cabbage and lentil stew based off a recipe called "Inflation Stew" by the Wolfe Pit
    Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Criterion Collection should have High & Low, at least. Thanks, Netflix. -_-
    Will look that up! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Nothing too out of the ordinary, just the unfortunately normal lewd and rule 34 type stuff.

It just annoys me more when the series it's done to isn't (or hasn't as far as I've seen) even being suggestive towards such things.
    wat

It’s kind of a thing with that series that they don’t have anything like that. That’s one of the things I like about it.

Well, as long as this doesn’t impact the series itself.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-24-2023 at 11:29 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

In addition to the above, Gen, if you want Indian, check out Vegan Richa - website and cookbooks. Awesome stuff.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    wat

It’s kind of a thing with that series that they don’t have anything like that. That’s one of the things I like about it.

Well, as long as this doesn’t impact the series itself.
    Fandoms is as fandoms does, as they say. And despite a refreshing lack of a "male gaze" camera in the series (at least as I've seen in the manga, I dunno if the show decides to go for it), Frieren still checks all the boxes for this kind of stuff:

-A female character exists at all.
    -People have heard of the series, with a recent growth in awareness thanks to an anime adaptation (SEO optimization).
    -The series is a "pretty people" series, all the characters are handsome, beautiful, cute, and/or roguishly distinguished.
    -There is some romance/attractions in the series (shipping bait).
    -Frieren in specific is a "cute elf girl", a popular enough archetype for artists to latch onto.

It really doesn't take much for lewd artists to ride that wave for a bit. If anything, the lack of fan service may drive some people to indulge in that kind of fan work because its all the more shocking.

That said, Frieren did try to give Stark a "clothes removing potion" (which got turned back on her), and Sein speaks fondly of "attractive older women", and that kind of stuff is all a fandom needs to try and spiral off a lewd meme.

I dunno, I don't get the feeling the show itself will really be impacted, unless the people overseeing the show want to push that angle for marketing, but I would hope they have enough sense to not go that route. As you say, the lack of overt lewdness is one of the positives of the series.

Extraordinary Member

Invincible is taking a mid-season break and will pick up the rest of the season next year. Which explains a few things for me.

Mainly, spoilers:
    I thought that going to Thraxa at the middle of the season was a bit early. But with the break it makes sense to end it on the dramatic note of Nolan being taken away by the viltrumites and Mark left for half-dead.
    end of spoilers

But so far this season has been real good. I like a lot of the changes to the story.

spoilers:
    The greater focus on Mark and Debbie dealing with their trauma is welcome. And it's handled quite well. Just getting to see Debbie and Art talk it out was great, IIRC in the comics we only saw that they were drinking together but nothing more.

Angstrom having more noble aspirations for his big plan beyond "For science lulz and practical portal hopping" was a good change. And I also like that along with him misunderstanding what happened, his perception of Invincible being coloured by the memories of all his variants that came from worlds were Invincible was evil is a clever way of pushing his hate that way.

Robot being less effective as a leader due to now being scared while on the field is a nice little change as well. Same with Allen's girlfriend having an important position in the Coalition of Planets.
    end of spoilers

Just good stuff in general. It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with Oliver going forward. He was always something of a base-breaker in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Invincible is taking a mid-season break and will pick up the rest of the season next year. Which explains a few things for me.

Mainly, spoilers:
    I thought that going to Thraxa at the middle of the season was a bit early. But with the break it makes sense to end it on the dramatic note of Nolan being taken away by the viltrumites and Mark left for half-dead.
    end of spoilers

But so far this season has been real good. I like a lot of the changes to the story.

spoilers:
    The greater focus on Mark and Debbie dealing with their trauma is welcome. And it's handled quite well. Just getting to see Debbie and Art talk it out was great, IIRC in the comics we only saw that they were drinking together but nothing more.

Angstrom having more noble aspirations for his big plan beyond "For science lulz and practical portal hopping" was a good change. And I also like that along with him misunderstanding what happened, his perception of Invincible being coloured by the memories of all his variants that came from worlds were Invincible was evil is a clever way of pushing his hate that way.

Robot being less effective as a leader due to now being scared while on the field is a nice little change as well. Same with Allen's girlfriend having an important position in the Coalition of Planets.
    end of spoilers

Just good stuff in general. It's going to be interesting to see how they deal with Oliver going forward. He was always something of a base-breaker in the comics.
    I also love spoilers:
    smaller yet significant changes to Mark and Nolan's conversation following the Thraxan slaughter. As in the comics, Nolan is confused by the anguish he feels over the death of a species that his kind would deem as genetically inferior and misdirects that grief towards Mark in the form of anger. In the comics, he ranted at Mark and questioned how his newfound empathy could possibly be beneficial for anyone to have while strangling his son. In the series, they add Mark pointing out to him that this is how he *should've* felt after killing thousands of people and more implicitly, how he himself felt witnessing seeing the horrible atrocities that his father had done. The shock and self-realization on Nolan's face following this statement is made all the more poignant when one of the Viltrumite reiterates Nolan's own words (back in Season 1) to his face, causing him to fully accept how monstrous his people really are and how he used to be.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Won't lie, Ray's Sukuna actually scares me.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    If you are playing as a mage, you get the baseline 10 regardless. Then we take into account who you are playing.

So, say you are playing an ogre Faeblood and have been a mage for some years. Taking that into account, you could earn another point or two to put into magic as, essentially, your background bonus, indicating your years service.

Your ogre bloodline benefit could be your size or strength, or, should you explain it in talks with me, we could work your bloodline as giving you 1 point in Earth magic for free (like 5e racial bonuses that come naturally).

And no, those are not the only three classes (though they are main pre-set ones that exist in game, you are under no obligation to pick them). If you want to play a farmer that has hidden away a talent for plant magic, then heck yeah. You’ll have a few points in plant magic then, just not the free Mage class 10 points.

Falgain is all about customization. I want the players to be able to pretty much make whatever kind of character they want, and as they do so their creativity and backstory/build will get various bonuses that we as player/gm will discuss. Feverbaldes, Mages, and Alchemists are just three pre-set classes so to speak.
    Okay so upon reading this, the question I was about to ask has split into two lol.

So just to confirm, we are able to create our own classes beyond just those three?

And my other question are we allowed to create deities for the pantheon, be they the true gods or the false?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Okay so upon reading this, the question I was about to ask has split into two lol.

So just to confirm, we are able to create our own classes beyond just those three?

And my other question are we allowed to create deities for the pantheon, be they the true gods or the false?
    You can create your own classes so long as you run them by me first, yes.

And yes, you could create your own deities (run it by me first, as I have a few that will be named dropped in game) but understand they are dead/gone/no longer worshipped. The True Colors ones are the current pantheon.

Well, aside from the Winter Wolf.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

And yes, you could create your own deities (run it by me first, as I have a few that will be named dropped in game) but understand they are dead/gone/no longer worshipped. The True Colors ones are the current pantheon.

What is the opposite to the Winter Wolf? There should be a Summer Deity of some kind.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So the True Colors are all set in stone then? Actually lemme just send a pm to ask further