My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and folks are laughing at phil because he said that not only would BG3 not win GOTY but everyone would forget about it once starfield came out. because "pc games aren't as popular as console ones". lolololololol
    I still recall how people (including sites like Siliconera) were dumping on it back when it was first made available for Early Access and proclaimed that it would be the black sheep of the franchise. So, this is bloody cathartic.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

and folks are laughing at phil because he said that not only would BG3 not win GOTY but everyone would forget about it once starfield came out. because "pc games aren't as popular as console ones". lolololololol
    meanwhile Starfield didn't get so much as nominated for anything, still galls me how meh it turned out

that reminds me of when the God of War studio discounted Elden Ring and assumed they had things in the bag
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yup. I'm still a little surprised that they're going with the original Japanese title of Sparking instead of calling it Budokai Tenkaichi, but that's not an issue.
    I think it's an attempt to make all the players feel united in that they're playing the same version. I think it's cute. And the small shot of Bergamo in the trailer probably indicates that they're dipping pretty deep for the character roster here. Gonna be interesting to see if they include characters and transformations from the DBS manga.
    To be fair, BG3 is on consoles too, even though it's more of a PC game. It probably helped to broaden its appeal even more at the least. But yeah, it's kinda interesting how Starfield has just been buried by other games.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yup. I'm still a little surprised that they're going with the original Japanese title of Sparking instead of calling it Budokai Tenkaichi, but that's not an issue.
    Not for you. It'll probably be enough for me to forget that it's a Tenkaichi Budokai game by the time it comes out.

... But BG3 IS on consoles, that's how I'm playing it.

And Starfield was only on the X-Box anyway. Not like it had a broad console release.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    meanwhile Starfield didn't get so much as nominated for anything, still galls me how meh it turned out
    I still remember OutsideXBox talking it up like it was the next Fallout 4 or something.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Relooking at the film Crows Explode and...I mean it's fine but it's again not exactly easy to know where it's even placed in the Crows/Worst lore. Technically it's taking place months before the events of the Crows manga before protagonist Bouya Harumichi enters Suzuran.

But if that's the case...Where in the hell is Kazeo (protagonist of Explode) and his entire cast of characters? Because once Crows begins, the school is essentially close to being conquered by Bandou who despite having a cameo in the previous Crows Zero is nowhere to be seen in Explode.

...It doesn't help that Takahashi may apparently have Explode as canon in the lore as Kazeo has a side manga depicting his transfer from Takiya (no Bulldog? My dude?) To Suzuran. Sure, Takahashi didn't do the art but still.

And still got gaps of Post-Worst with Tsutomu, Rocket, Sajima, and Tyrone with few side stories....Then we get into Raoh's generation many years later which doesn't quite have a side story manga yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I think it's an attempt to make all the players feel united in that they're playing the same version. I think it's cute. And the small shot of Bergamo in the trailer probably indicates that they're dipping pretty deep for the character roster here.
    According to this interview, that seems to be the case.

Gonna be interesting to see if they include characters and transformations from the DBS manga.
    God, I hope not.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Not for you. It'll probably be enough for me to forget that it's a Tenkaichi Budokai game by the time it comes out.

... But BG3 IS on consoles, that's how I'm playing it.

And Starfield was only on the X-Box anyway. Not like it had a broad console release.

I still remember OutsideXBox talking it up like it was the next Fallout 4 or something.
    dude, in phil's mind, PC game are niche and not mainstream. even if its on consoles, he still considers it a PC game.

sigh.

once again, i'm left hanging. my friend, whom i did my damnest to keep from killing himself, went to the ren faire with someone he hasn't seen in nearly 20 years. did he ask me if i wanted to come along? nope. maybe its because he wants to get laid from said friend. oh well. can't be a third wheel.

dude, in phil's mind, PC game are niche and not mainstream. even if its on consoles, he still considers it a PC game.
    ...Yeah, that's very much a Phil thing to say. Haven't bothered checking what's he's been up to for my sake of sanity.

That's now being consumed by Vtubers and Analog Horror.

sigh.

once again, i'm left hanging. my friend, whom i did my damnest to keep from killing himself, went to the ren faire with someone he hasn't seen in nearly 20 years. did he ask me if i wanted to come along? nope. maybe its because he wants to get laid from said friend. oh well. can't be a third wheel.
    Oh yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...Yeah, that's very much a Phil thing to say. Haven't bothered checking what's he's been up to for my sake of sanity.

That's now being consumed by Vtubers and Analog Horror.

Oh yikes.
    and the fun fact: she works at the ren faire and they both knew i always wanted to go back to one. and neither called me or messaged me about it.

guess i'm good enough to help out but not good enough to hang out.

and the fun fact: she works at the ren faire and they both knew i always wanted to go back to one. and neither called me or messaged me about it.

guess i'm good enough to help out but not good enough to hang out.
    Ah man, totally rough.

Admittedly I haven't been hanging out with my friends despite occasional texts from my phone/discord but recently my old writing group is just so...Quiet. like too much personal business to just give a heads up these days. While there are people I won't miss, it's been a fairly depressing place despite understanding life kinda moves on. But two authors there did get married this year so that was nice.

Edit: I honestly have no clue where I went with this...Maybe friendships have kinda changed overtime it kinda is rough to see?
    Last edited by Iron_Twister; 12-09-2023 at 11:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    sigh.

sorry to hear that man

*Offers an internet hug*