Page 2375 of 2465 FirstFirst ... 1375187522752325236523712372237323742375237623772378237923852425 ... LastLast
Results 35,611 to 35,625 of 36972
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    *video of steamboat mickey as a horror monster*
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    *video of steamboat mickey as a horror monster*
    I won't say there isn't merit to parody and such, but I find this instant jump to turning public domain toons into cheap cash-grab horror gimmicks rather insufferable. I'm sure there's been thousands of people chomping at the bit to use Steamboat Willie in whatever they can while the novelty is hot, but I hope if we have to endure a flood of it this year, we see more stuff that's actually adventurous and creative and does enriching stuff with the characters beyond clickbait tier shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I won't say there isn't merit to parody and such, but I find this instant jump to turning public domain toons into cheap cash-grab horror gimmicks rather insufferable. I'm sure there's been thousands of people chomping at the bit to use Steamboat Willie in whatever they can while the novelty is hot, but I hope if we have to endure a flood of it this year, we see more stuff that's actually adventurous and creative and does enriching stuff with the characters beyond clickbait tier shock value.
    Problem with that video is that Mickey Mouse is still covered by Copyright, Steamboat Willie is his predecessor and not technically the same character. Anyone who tries to use the actually Micky Mouse is gonna have Disney all over their butt and then some.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I've said it elsewhere, but with regards to all these horror cashouts of IP I've read more interesting stories centering these characters (or similar) in forum copypasta like 10 - 15 years ago. If it can't reach that level of creativity at least any effort kind of seems like it's wasting potential IMO
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Problem with that video is that Mickey Mouse is still covered by Copyright, Steamboat Willie is his predecessor and not technically the same character. Anyone who tries to use the actually Micky Mouse is gonna have Disney all over their butt and then some.
    If so, they could still use Willie in more creative ways. :B

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I've said it elsewhere, but with regards to all these horror cashouts of IP I've read more interesting stories centering these characters (or similar) in forum copypasta like 10 - 15 years ago. If it can't reach that level of creativity at least any effort kind of seems like it's wasting potential IMO
    Yeah. Fan work stuff has its own creative drive and interesting experimentation sometimes, but this kinda stuff just feels hacky. :B

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No, that's Mickey Mouse. the title card of the short says so. The title is a parody of a movie that had been popular at the time, it's not referring to the character
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    The sad reality is that the first stuff you see will often be the worst stuff. Because cheap schlock is faster to make than something with actual thought or quality controi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, that's Mickey Mouse. the title card of the short says so. The title is a parody of a movie that had been popular at the time, it's not referring to the character

The sad reality is that the first stuff you see will often be the worst stuff. Because cheap schlock is faster to make than something with actual thought or quality control.
    Of course. Especially when it's monetizable. :B

Hopefully, we'll start seeing some quality come out of the public domain rush in the coming decades.

Ishura: I've been anticipating this anime for almost two years and it did not disappoint me. The cinematography is good: The CGI actually blends well with the 2D animation (especially with the mecha designs), and the choreography for the action is awesome. This is already shaping up to be a good adaptation of the light novels.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Percy Jackson and the Olympians is surprisingly good. So far the first four episodes have been fun, well acted, effects are solid, and it has been fairly faithful to what I remember of the first book.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Only just discovered there’s a Season 2 of What If…?.

Fun so far.

spoilers:
    I swear the entire premise of Episode 3 was to let them make the Hulk Hogan joke though.
    end of spoilers
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member

Kaiju.No 8 spoilers:

Nine: Oh no, this isn't happening. This last minute "Goddamn Heroes Moment" BULLSHIT IS NOT HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW!

Kafka: Awww, what's wrong, Nines? Plans falling apart? Strategies aren't working out? God complex feelin' a *tad* compromised?

Nine: Fuck you, Kafka!

Kafka: Oh, what's this? Where'd your sense of humor go?

Leno: Same with his confidence after I pulled up? *proceeds to freeze another Mega Monster*

Nine: There's only two of you, so don't get cocky! I still have the number advantage--

Haruichi: Surprise buckshot, bitch! *blows up two more Mega Monsters*

Nine: Wha..?! And just where the golden *fuck* did you two come from?!

Aoi: You're not the only one who can make surprise entrances, asshole.

Kafka: The shoe's on the other foot now, isn't it? How's it feel?
    end of spoilers

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Rebel Moon was pretty boring/bad
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Rebel Moon was pretty boring/bad
    I thought it was alright... ish.

I can't wait to play this game on launch.