Page 268 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 1682182582642652662672682692702712722783183687681268 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 37014

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    What’s everyone’s manga/anime fight of the year so far? Right now Gabimaru vs Lord Tenzen from Jigokuraku is my favorite.
    All Might vs All for One might be surpassed in terms of pure fight creativity by some others, but in terms of its emotional weight, integral nature to the story and execution, it's my fight of the year.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Thinking on it, I forgot about Castlevania. The battle between Dracula and Trevor, Sypha and Alucard was incredibly well done and had an ending that was a genuinely surprising emotional gut punch.

Generally season 2 of Castlevania was of exceptional quality. It's one of the standout animation projects of the year.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Thinking on it, I forgot about Castlevania. The battle between Dracula and Trevor, Sypha and Alucard was incredibly well done and had an ending that was a genuinely surprising emotional gut punch.

Generally season 2 of Castlevania was of exceptional quality. It's one of the standout animation projects of the year.
    damn. thanks for reminding me.

meanwhile...........

Extraordinary Member

What’s everyone’s manga/anime fight of the year so far? Right now Gabimaru vs Lord Tenzen from Jigokuraku is my favorite.
    It's been a really good year for anime fights, so it's a difficult choice.
    I haven’t watched Boruto in forever.
    The fight in question, or at least the best part of it

It's a marvel of animation and coreography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Sieg vs Karna, without a doubt:[/video]
    As amazing as that fight is, it's from the end of 2017 so it doesn't count.
    Also, as I mentioned a week or so ago, Black Clover 63 is visually interesting and massively important for what it represents in the industry.

It's not perfect and it's really all over the place in terms of consistent style but holy shit is it interesting.
    When it comes to Black Clover I'd say that Yami vs. Licht is the best contender of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    All Might vs All for One might be surpassed in terms of pure fight creativity by some others, but in terms of its emotional weight, integral nature to the story and execution, it's my fight of the year.
    Absolutely, what it lacks in creative coreography it makes up for 100 times over in narratative weight. And the United States of Smash is the best finisher of the year. And at least there's a point to the simplistic coreography (All For One wants to beat and demoralize All Might at his own game basically).

And the Two Heroes movie gives us some kickass animation and coreography while providing us with a sight that we might never get during the rest of the series. spoilers:
    Deku and All Might teaming up against the bad guy
    end of spoilers

I'd also like to give a shout out to the finale of Dragon Ball Super, which gives us Jiren vs. Goku, Freiza and Android 17.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    damn. thanks for reminding me.

meanwhile...........

And then nothing bad ever happened in that timeline again!

Meanwhile and completely unrelated...

Happy Freezaday everyone
    Last edited by Hiromi; 12-25-2018 at 08:29 AM.

While it's nicely animated, it's a bit too effects driven and not actually choreographed enough to really do much for me.
    It is hard at times to see the actual fight, as most of it is obscured by explosions and energy blasts.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

In the CW's Elseworld's story, Flash and Supergirl come up with a plan to slow down time... by running around the earth in the opposite direction of its rotation with mach 7 speed, clearly shown to be way way WAY past mach 7 speed.

WHAT?!

All those are some great choices!

Not much of a fight but Gaia vs the Russian convict was awesome just for the ownage.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's been a really good year for anime fights, so it's a difficult choice.

The fight in question, or at least the best part of it

It's a marvel of animation and coreography.

When it comes to Black Clover I'd say that Yami vs. Licht is the best contender of the year.

Absolutely, what it lacks in creative coreography it makes up for 100 times over in narratative weight. And the United States of Smash is the best finisher of the year. And at least there's a point to the simplistic coreography (All For One wants to beat and demoralize All Might at his own game basically).

And the Two Heroes movie gives us some kickass animation and coreography while providing us with a sight that we might never get during the rest of the series. spoilers:
    Deku and All Might teaming up against the bad guy
    end of spoilers

I'd also like to give a shout out to the finale of Dragon Ball Super, which gives us Jiren vs. Goku, Freiza and Android 17.

ironically, that fight was number 3 on TFS top 12 fights from DB. only piccolo/goku and vegeta vs. goku beating it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Yeah, I was thinking about when it was dubbed. In that case, Gogeta vs Broly takes it.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Luffy vs Katakuri is up there. As is Jiren vs Goku, Freeza, and 17 as Dark Soul mentioned.

I should catch up on Gridman, since I know that'll have some good ones as amd depending on how far the Karakuri Circus anime adaption got, I know that'll have some winners.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

: Worst Christmas, ever. Hates every moment of it. Cue Ghosts Of Christmas, he one punch’s them away.:

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!