Page 277 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 1772272672732742752762772782792802812873273777771277 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 37027
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m sorry to hear, Subby.

It’s a really difficult step to take and there’s an awful lot of guilt associated with it.

But while you think there’s a possibility they might not care for him properly, you also know for certain that you can’t. It sounds like it’s what he needs, buddy. But I absolutely know that it’s very, very hard to face that situation and take the next step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That is a risk. I went though the same concerns with my mother. We chose to keep her at home, but have a visiting home health aid come by a few times a week to help us out. Usually you can get a recommendation from a family doctor for the best Home Health Care service to call. Or you can do some online research.

If you chose the Nursing Home route, visit the place first before making a decision. Visit it, observe how those inside are cared for, talk to the staff, get an idea of what it would be like.

There are better alternatives to Nursing Homes, but they can be very expensive and may not take insurance. There are places like that in my area. They have a service called "Respite Care" which is short term stays that allow Caregivers to deal with other issues before bringing the family member back home.

My Husband and I were caregivers to two family members for four or five years. It's not easy and it takes it's toll on you, physically, emotionally, and financially.

Also, look into seeing what services your State may offer to help Caregivers out. Not all States do, but it's worth investigating.
    Thanks, guys. The nursing home or a professional caregiver is the way to go for sure, but the problem is he won't like it. He's spoiled, and likes things his way. Unfortunately, his way is it just being me and my aunt taking care of him, which is running us both ragged, especially my aunt who's over 50 and went through this with my much milder grandmother nearly ten years ago.

I guess we'll just have to play it by ear until he realizes for himself that he can't go on living this way. He can barely get up out of his lift-up chair without my help and really doesn't have a lot of strength in his legs. So little that he can't even get in bed without my help.

It's hard seeing him degrade like this, especially since only a few months ago, he was able to do a lot for himself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if you've all been following the soulja boy mess, do me a favor. do a search for souljagame.com, which is his own personal website.

see what happens.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: It's a short chapter, but it's a really good one to end the year on.

Getting further insights into Ochako's motivation and Shinso's character development while they save the, and meeting one of the previous inheritors was all really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    if you've all been following the soulja boy mess, do me a favor. do a search for souljagame.com, which is his own personal website.

see what happens.
    Also.

Nintendo is being taken to court for being an asshole about its eShop practices. Specifically by Germany/Norway.

Cuz what they're doing with it, is illegal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

As I commence with an evening of revelry and drinking, I'm wishing you all a Happy New year before I get too drunk to remember!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Happy New Years, all!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Happy New Years, all!
    Happy New Year, hope you had a nice Christmas Holiday as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Happy New Year everybody!

Happy New Years! May 2019 be a better year than 2018!

Happy New Year
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also.

Nintendo is being taken to court for being an asshole about its eShop practices. Specifically by Germany/Norway.

Cuz what they're doing with it, is illegal.
    OK, I'll bite, what is the illegal stuff they are doing?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Happy new year all.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    OK, I'll bite, what is the illegal stuff they are doing?
    The fact that they stop you from cancelling pre-orders is against European consumer protection laws.