Page 287 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 1872372772832842852862872882892902912973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 36884
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Where are you going now, Fist?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Catching up on Kengan now, and reading the final fight.

Finding it interesting how Kuroki doesn't have 'named' maneuvers when he fights, while everyone else gets the fancy stuff. Sure, he has the 'Devil's Lance' for his fingertip piercing magic, but the rest of it? Just fundamentals. Fundamentals executed perfectly thanks to his matchless skill, completely overwhelming Ohma's fancy-named, funky techniques.

Even more interesting...

spoilers:
    Ohma starts landing hits AFTER dropping the advance...when he tosses out the funky stuff and just fights. And, in fact, does better fighting that way than he did through the entire fight.
    end of spoilers

Spoiler in case people haven't read that far, though it's unlikely.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Whoever wins the tournament, Kuroki is champion of the Rumblers hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Where are you going now, Fist?
    Orlando Florida

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i kinda expected it to end that way for ohma but still....................damn onion ninjas in the house again.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i kinda expected it to end that way for ohma but still....................damn onion ninjas in the house again.
    It doesn't seem to be going well. Unless there's some kind of magical ass-pull...but the writer doesn't seem to go for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Whoever wins the tournament, Kuroki is champion of the Rumblers hearts.
    He's awesome, truth. Dude isn't my favourite character (not that I don't like him, he's just not my favourite), but I love his fights.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Orlando Florida
    I maybe should already know this, but it has been Christmas. I might have forgotten. For what purpose?
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

He's awesome, truth. Dude isn't my favourite character (not that I don't like him, he's just not my favourite), but I love his fights.
    Yeah, his personality is like whatever but I really enjoy him smashing through anime-style silliness with solid fundamentals and stoic grit.

Favourite character for me is probably Saw Paing. He's a good loud boy!

It doesn't seem to be going well. Unless there's some kind of magical ass-pull...but the writer doesn't seem to go for those.

I maybe should already know this, but it has been Christmas. I might have forgotten. For what purpose?
    Who is your favorite? Are you a member of the Wakatsuki church?

My roommate had to move because his school shut down and he couldn’t afford to stay here anymore. Me trying to find an affordable apartment around this time of year before my lease ran out was rather rough. There's nothing really keeping me here so I decided to move. I’m already set up down there so I’m pretty excited.

Yeah, his personality is like whatever but I really enjoy him smashing through anime-style silliness with solid fundamentals and stoic grit.

You know pops you were a real man

It's good stuff. :D

Interesting choice (and yes, he certainly is!).

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Who is your favorite? Are you a member of the Wakatsuki church?
    I like Wakatsuki, but as noted I like a lot of the fighters (and they're all pretty interesting characters). My favourites are probably....

1. Kaneda, just because. :D
    2. The doctor, because he makes for a great running joke.
    3. Fusui, because she's kind of the personification of the 'We're actually semi-normal people who happen to look demonic and do assassinations' part of the Kure clan.

But I don't have any solid favourite, because pretty close to all of the characters are pretty fun, in a variety of different ways.

My roommate had to move because his school shut down and he couldn’t afford to stay here anymore. Me trying to find an affordable apartment around this time of year before my lease ran out was rather rough. There's nothing really keeping me here so I decided to move. I’m already set up down there so I’m pretty excited.
    Very cool. Got work lined up?
    Why are we here?

It's good stuff.

Interesting choice (and yes, he certainly is!).

I like Wakatsuki, but as noted I like a lot of the fighters (and they're all pretty interesting characters). My favourites are probably....

1. Kaneda, just because.
    2. The doctor, because he makes for a great running joke.
    3. Fusui, because she's kind of the personification of the 'We're actually semi-normal people who happen to look demonic and do assassinations' part of the Kure clan.

But I don't have any solid favourite, because pretty close to all of the characters are pretty fun, in a variety of different ways.

Very cool. Got work lined up?
    I have a couple of job offers. Hopefully I can get something using my Clearance.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

you will be, missed william sheppard.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So, an interesting tale came to my Quora feed as I ask if anyone made a regretful purchase of game dlcs.

...One guy admit he bought the horse armor from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion...Three times somehow.

...I only express my condolences for the guy.

And so the Kengan tournament has come to an end, in perhaps the only way it could really end.

spoilers:
    Rest in peace, Ohma, you did as well as anyone could.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    And so the Kengan tournament has come to an end, in perhaps the only way it could really end.

spoilers:
    Rest in peace, Ohma, you did as well as anyone could.
    end of spoilers
    Well-put, indeed.
    Why are we here?