Page 290 of 2430 FirstFirst ... 1902402802862872882892902912922932943003403907901290 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 36448
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Time for a nonsensical theory for Kengan 2.

For those unaware, the author has a comedy manga in the same universe featuring Hibiki, a girl who basically gets scammed into going to a gym and ends up getting addicted to it. She's not a fighter but she has some kind of freak mutation that makes her explosive power ridiculously out of proportion with her general physical attributes.

Danberu, the manga in question, also features a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger who looks a fair amount like one of the three villains that show up at the end of Kengan.

Reference: https://imgur.com/a/mDUBTmX

Totally-not-Arnold is more thickly built, but then every guy in Danberu who's even vaguely fit is drawn with laughably exaggerated muscles. He also always wears super dark sunglasses in Danberu so we don't know if he has the same eyes (Kure?) as the one from Kengan - and there's a precedent for these kind of shenanigans, since one of the teachers who always had their eyes closed turned out to be Karla's mother. Not-Arnold has also had ominous foreshadowing (quickly defused with a running gag and never brought up again) after seeing Hibiki's punching power that she's "the masterpiece" he's been looking for.

The author has also said a few times in his notes that he regretted not having female fighters, and wanted to draw Karla fighting at some point.

So clearly Danberu was just the author's way of indirectly introducing a new character all along, and Hibiki is going to be the protagonist of Kengan 2 as she gets roped into the martial arts underground.

(I don't really think this is the case, but it'd be funny.)
    I didn't know Danberu had the same author as Kengan. That's wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I didn't know Danberu had the same author as Kengan. That's wild!
    Both are written by Sandrovich Yabako yeah. They have different artists which is why I don't consider the difference in build a big deal.
    Last edited by Siriel; 01-08-2019 at 11:41 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Time for a nonsensical theory for Kengan 2.

For those unaware, the author has a comedy manga in the same universe featuring Hibiki, a girl who basically gets scammed into going to a gym and ends up getting addicted to it. She's not a fighter but she has some kind of freak mutation that makes her explosive power ridiculously out of proportion with her general physical attributes.

Danberu, the manga in question, also features a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger who looks a fair amount like one of the three villains that show up at the end of Kengan.

Reference: https://imgur.com/a/mDUBTmX

Totally-not-Arnold is more thickly built, but then every guy in Danberu who's even vaguely fit is drawn with laughably exaggerated muscles. He also always wears super dark sunglasses in Danberu so we don't know if he has the same eyes (Kure?) as the one from Kengan - and there's a precedent for these kind of shenanigans, since one of the teachers who always had their eyes closed turned out to be Karla's mother. Not-Arnold has also had ominous foreshadowing (quickly defused with a running gag and never brought up again) after seeing Hibiki's punching power that she's "the masterpiece" he's been looking for.

The author has also said a few times in his notes that he regretted not having female fighters, and wanted to draw Karla fighting at some point.

So clearly Danberu was just the author's way of indirectly introducing a new character all along, and Hibiki is going to be the protagonist of Kengan 2 as she gets roped into the martial arts underground.

(I don't really think this is the case, but it'd be funny.)
    ...now I need to go read Hibiki Edit: Danbura. Hopefully the site I'm on has it. ^_^

In other news, for those who didn't catch it, I DID post on Anima this weekend, and will be checking it tonight for questions and such. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-08-2019 at 11:44 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...now I need to go read Hibiki. Hopefully the site I'm on has it. ^_^
    The full name is Danberu nan kiro moteru?.

It's a fairly different beast from Kengan, being a joke manga about getting in shape and learning gym exercises, but the humor is fairly similar.

In other news, for those who didn't catch it, I DID post on Anima this weekend, and will be checking it tonight for questions and such. ^_^
    I'll reply this afternoon then.
    Last edited by Siriel; 01-08-2019 at 11:55 AM.

I've found it. I'll see how it goes.

Any movement on the other game? Reply to my post? O_O
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm all in with all elite.

linkara's rant on mentor ji still remains one of my favorite moments in HOPR series.

Second Kengan Theory, more serious this time:

At the end of Part 1, we're introduced to our three presumed antagonists for Part 2. None of them have names, but one is seemingly Chinese, one Caucasian and one is hidden under a large white cloak. This is puzzling, since neither of the other two are hidden in any way; the only reason you'd hide only one of the three is if he was a character we already know.

The tale begins with one of my friends mentioning that the hidden man has a peculiar way of walking (he's portrayed as overlapping his steps in the final panel, in contrast to the other two). This brings something to mind but I don't know what. After a few minutes of thinking, I realize that his outfit brings to mind (to me at least) something that someone would wear in the desert.

And wouldn't know it, Hassad, the desert whirlwind, seems to be drawn as walking similarly the rare times we see him do so. Of course, by itself that means nothing; it could be a coincidence.

However upon looking at it further, Hassad has a similar build to our mystery man, and his eyes are drawn in a similar manner. Additionally, the seemingly Chinese man says that "We all had to come all the way to Japan.", indicating that none of the trio are native to Japan.

But that's still not conclusive, so let's go deeper.

Six characters were given a prequel chapter in Kengan Asura Zero. They are; Imai Cosmos, Wakatsuki Takeshi, Gaolang Wongsawat, Hassad, Hanafusa Hajime and Katahara Metsudo. Hassad is by far the least important of the lot so one might wonder why he even got one, but the chapter establishes a few things about him; he would have been the first in line to rule his country but left in search of knowledge, he's a good enough martial artist to reconstruct Shuri-te just from reading about it, he's not as morally upstanding as you might think (he gets drunk because "Allah's eyes don't reach Japan") and he says that he's ready to fight even while drunk - something that seems humorous in that chapter.

Going back to his introduction in the preliminary fight, we learn a few things about Hassad; he's 17-0 in Kengan matches, he has the record for the fastest match with it only lasting two seconds (later beaten by Mikazuchi Rei's "immeasurable" in the first round of the tournament) and he's so fast that his opponents in the preliminary don't understand when he's moving.

Then chapter 30 comes and it's all downhill for Hassad. He steps up to the chairman and is effortlessly defeated by Yodoe in two hits to establish how strong the bodyguards are, to everyone's shock. He just wasn't as good as he thought... not.
    Come chapter 175, Hassad returns to fighting - by knocking out Yodoe with the latter being unable to see him move, along with two other bodyguards who also can't see him move. So that first fight? Hassad wanted to lose it and get knocked into the water. This leads to him being on the island unsupervised except for Kaburagi, but as established in Hassad's chapter in Kengan Asura Zero, they frequently split up.

Why does this matter? Well, there's another character who's noted to vanish for extended periods - Long Min, one of the two confirmed members of "Worm". In chapter 163, Long Min asks Mr. Takada to meet "(his) master" in private, complete with quotation marks*. He reappears in chapter 170, and is questioned about his disappearance by Kito Gunji, establishing that the master in question doesn't refer to his official employer. Since it never comes up again, the only reasonable explanation is that the meeting has to do with "Worm", so we know for certain that a member of "Worm" higher ranked than Long Min is on the island by that point. This meeting also ties with another unexplained plot point, which is the reason why Bando was conducting his murders; Yamashita's son asks to meet him in the final chapter, indicating that he'll play a role in the sequel, likely related to the meeting that Takada had with "Worm".

*: In the final chapter, it's established that the cloaked man killed Long Min, and his explanation is that Long Min was always trying to prove that he was better than him; this matches with Long Min using quotes when calling him his superior.

Hassad is also given absolutely no attention in the epilogue, despite getting a fair amount of screen-time throughout the manga - and remember, he's the rightful ruler of a small country, so you'd expect him to get at least a newspaper mention like Gaolang if he went back home.

But I suppose it's possible that all this is just a giant set of coincidences. Maybe Hassad really is just a comic relief character who got a prequel chapter and shares some similarities with this mysterious villain. It's not as if he's shown to be wearing the same outfit or any...thing...

Oh.
    Last edited by Siriel; 01-08-2019 at 07:56 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    30 Gs? Really Bandai?

just when i think i've seen it all from SCPs, we got SCP-2000.

I’m surprised Dc hasn’t done another Batman/Elmer Fudd comic.

Extraordinary Member

Mob Psycho 100 starts out its second season with a solid dose of its own off-beat and heartwarming feels.

And some freaking amazing animation of course.

Second Kengan Theory, more serious this time:

At the end of Part 1, we're introduced to our three presumed antagonists for Part 2. None of them have names, but one is seemingly Chinese, one Caucasian and one is hidden under a large white cloak. This is puzzling, since neither of the other two are hidden in any way; the only reason you'd hide only one of the three is if he was a character we already know.

The tale begins with one of my friends mentioning that the hidden man has a peculiar way of walking (he's portrayed as overlapping his steps in the final panel, in contrast to the other two). This brings something to mind but I don't know what. After a few minutes of thinking, I realize that his outfit brings to mind (to me at least) something that someone would wear in the desert.

And wouldn't know it, Hassad, the desert whirlwind, seems to be drawn as walking similarly the rare times we see him do so. Of course, by itself that means nothing; it could be a coincidence.

However upon looking at it further, Hassad has a similar build to our mystery man, and his eyes are drawn in a similar manner. Additionally, the seemingly Chinese man says that "We all had to come all the way to Japan.", indicating that none of the trio are native to Japan.

But that's still not conclusive, so let's go deeper.

Six characters were given a prequel chapter in Kengan Asura Zero. They are; Imai Cosmos, Wakatsuki Takeshi, Gaolang Wongsawat, Hassad, Hanafusa Hajime and Katahara Metsudo. Hassad is by far the least important of the lot so one might wonder why he even got one, but the chapter establishes a few things about him; he would have been the first in line to rule his country but left in search of knowledge, he's a good enough martial artist to reconstruct Shuri-te just from reading about it, he's not as morally upstanding as you might think (he gets drunk because "Allah's eyes don't reach Japan") and he says that he's ready to fight even while drunk - something that seems humorous in that chapter.

Going back to his introduction in the preliminary fight, we learn a few things about Hassad; he's 17-0 in Kengan matches, he has the record for the fastest match with it only lasting two seconds (later beaten by Mikazuchi Rei's "immeasurable" in the first round of the tournament) and he's so fast that his opponents in the preliminary don't understand when he's moving.

Then chapter 30 comes and it's all downhill for Hassad. He steps up to the chairman and is effortlessly defeated by Yodoe in two hits to establish how strong the bodyguards are, to everyone's shock. He just wasn't as good as he thought... not.
    Come chapter 175, Hassad returns to fighting - by knocking out Yodoe with the latter being unable to see him move, along with two other bodyguards who also can't see him move. So that first fight? Hassad wanted to lose it and get knocked into the water. This leads to him being on the island unsupervised except for Kaburagi, but as established in Hassad's chapter in Kengan Asura Zero, they frequently split up.

Why does this matter? Well, there's another character who's noted to vanish for extended periods - Long Min, one of the two confirmed members of "Worm". In chapter 163, Long Min asks Mr. Takada to meet "(his) master" in private, complete with quotation marks*. He reappears in chapter 170, and is questioned about his disappearance by Kito Gunji, establishing that the master in question doesn't refer to his official employer. Since it never comes up again, the only reasonable explanation is that the meeting has to do with "Worm", so we know for certain that a member of "Worm" higher ranked than Long Min is on the island by that point. This meeting also ties with another unexplained plot point, which is the reason why Bando was conducting his murders; Yamashita's son asks to meet him in the final chapter, indicating that he'll play a role in the sequel, likely related to the meeting that Takada had with "Worm".

*: In the final chapter, it's established that the cloaked man killed Long Min, and his explanation is that Long Min was always trying to prove that he was better than him; this matches with Long Min using quotes when calling him his superior.

Hassad is also given absolutely no attention in the epilogue, despite getting a fair amount of screen-time throughout the manga - and remember, he's the rightful ruler of a small country, so you'd expect him to get at least a newspaper mention like Gaolang if he went back home.

But I suppose it's possible that all this is just a giant set of coincidences. Maybe Hassad really is just a comic relief character who got a prequel chapter and shares some similarities with this mysterious villain. It's not as if he's shown to be wearing the same outfit or any...thing...

Oh.
    You've put a tremendous amount of thought into this, and it all lays out. O_o Well done; that's pretty solidly nailed down.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-09-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

You've put a tremendous amount of thought into this, and it all lays out solidly. O_o Well done; that's pretty solidly nailed down.
    Agreed, makes sense.