Page 313 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 2132633033093103113123133143153163173233634138131313 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 36875
    Extraordinary Member

Looking forward to it

On an Unrelated note, the Netfli Carmen Sandiego is good stuff

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Ah shoot, looks like I'll be MIA till bout four hours.

Work is a beach but I need to get paid.

Extraordinary Member

For those interested: A Youtuber named Hbomberguy is 101% completing Donkey Kong 64 on Twitch for Charity

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    For those interested: A Youtuber named Hbomberguy is 101% completing Donkey Kong 64 on Twitch for Charity
    To add to this, Hbomb has raised over $210,000 so far, with no signs of slowing down, has been streaming continuously for 50 hours, made a spite hashtag against Graham Linehan trend in the UK and the USA #ThanksGraham and then Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez appeared on the stream briefly.

It has been a wild weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    To add to this, Hbomb has raised over $210,000 so far, with no signs of slowing down, has been streaming continuously for 50 hours, made a spite hashtag against Graham Linehan trend in the UK and the USA #ThanksGraham and then Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez appeared on the stream briefly.

It has been a wild weekend.
    Woah now, what's this ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Woah now, what's this ?
    Twitch livestream for charity, completeing DK64

Woah now, what's this ?
    Okay... so... let me summarise.

The stream is going on here.

Irish comedy writer and active Twitter based transphobe Graham Linehan used the user base of the online women's issues board MumsNet to attack the transgender charity Mermaids and tried to get their funding from the National Lottery Revoked.

At the same time, Hbomberguy, internet video essay maker put out a video about speedruns and mentioned in it that he had always loved Donkey Kong 64 as a kid and had never beaten it and he had found out that the 101% speed run is one of the hardest runs to do. He thus decided to stream the game constantly until he beat it and figured he would raise money for charity. He chose Mermaids as he took umbridge with Linehan being such an arse.

So... the stream started and he made $2700 in the first 15 minutes or so and commented that he had really only expected to get about 3K all said and done so the just kept going for higher and higher donation targets. Hbomb also was having guests on to keep him company and said guests kept inviting more guests.

Flash forward about 50 hours, we've had most of the personalities that comprise LeftTube, AOC, Jon Romero, Chelsea Manning and a ton of other people making guest appearances and the money is continuing to roll in. It's been a very crazy weekend.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-20-2019 at 04:50 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

10 minutes left. get your snacks and get ready.

Irish comedy writer and active Twitter based transphobe Graham Linehan used the user base of the online women's issues board MumsNet to attack the transgender charity Mermaids and tried to get their funding from the National Lottery Revoked.

At the same time, Hbomberguy, internet video essay maker put out a video about speedruns and mentioned in it that he had always loved Donkey Kong 64 as a kid and had never beaten it and he had found out that the 101% speed run is one of the hardest runs to do. He thus decided to stream the game constantly until he beat it and figured he would raise money for charity. He chose Mermaids as he took umbridge with Linehan being such an arse.

So... the stream started and he made $2700 in the first 15 minutes or so and commented that he had really only expected to get about 3K all said and done so the just kept going for higher and higher donation targets. Hbomb also was having guests on to keep him company and said guests kept inviting more guests.

Flash forward about 50 hours, we've had most of the personalities that comprise LeftTube, AOC, Jon Romero, Chelsea Manning and a ton of other people making guest appearances and the money is continuing to roll in. It's been a very crazy weekend.
    That's ... really awesome, honestly.

That Ocasio-Cortez found her way onto it too, is more proof that young-blood is not at all a bad thing in government. More and more she's proving that being active and actually interfacing with people is far better than speaking at people. It also helps her social media game is on point, and she's ... just not Old Guard Politic.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That does sounds wild, and very cool.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Don't forget the link.

edit: I found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZIt5qyqwkI
    Last edited by Tami; 01-20-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I’ll miss it again, I’m afraid, due to needing to get up in just over 5 hours.

That's ... really awesome, honestly.

That Ocasio-Cortez found her way onto it too, is more proof that young-blood is not at all a bad thing in government. More and more she's proving that being active and actually interfacing with people is far better than speaking at people. It also helps her social media game is on point, and she's ... just not Old Guard Politic.
    AOC is a new breed of politician.

Here's a clip of her talking about the N64 is her favourite game system.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The MunchKING may attend this one in real time if my Internet Connection can handle it.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Haha....still at work.