Page 32 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642821325321032 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Bah, more vile propaganda brought about by his opposition trying to stifle his noble message. Zemial is an individual of unrivaled eloquence - so eloquent in fact that he has realized that for the truly enlightened, there's no difference between meaningless screeching and heartfelt speeching.
    ...and more giggling ensues.

Very nice, sir.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ummm...

If you kill someone with Psychic Scream, their head explodes.
    The Flesh Rot option in the Contagion spell is pretty nasty.
    It’s only basically fire, but Immolation would be quite brutal looking.
    Abi-Dalzim’s Horrid Wilting sucks all the moisture out of multiple people so that’s quite nasty looking.

Even stuff like Maddening Darkness or Arms of Hadar could be pretty freaky.

And a successful Power Word Kill would be terrifying to watch. “Die.” “OK.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Anything to flavour of psychic domination. That stuff freaks me out. Nothing worse than being forced to kill your party against your will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Quixotic View Post
    More seriously, yeah, Horrid Wilting is probably a good choice for a classic spell.

Really, it depends on how you sell some of them. Something like Acid Fog, in game terms, just deals damage which is kind of whatever, but in a story you can play it up with how it's fog, that is acid, melting everyone inside it.

Evard's Black Tentacles conjures a field of tentacles that try to grapple everything within, that could really be played up as horrifying. Especially good since if a bunch of dudes are stuck in the tentacles, there's now the sense of dread regarding whatever the followup spell might be...

Honorable mention goes to the fact there's a spell out there called "Rapture of Rupture".
    What I'm going for is basically "This person has been forced to become a weapon of war, so she makes herself so terrifyingly lethal that people run from her on sight, because that means she has to kill less people."

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What I'm going for is basically "This person has been forced to become a weapon of war, so she makes herself so terrifyingly lethal that people run from her on sight, because that means she has to kill less people."
    Ah, that wasn’t clear, sorry. I’ll need to rethink.

Weirdly, there aren’t too many of those as actual spells.

I mean there’s class abilities, like the Archfey Warlock can cause people to be frightened. And I suppose you might include Polymorphing yourself into a T-Rex as covering that sort of ground, but it’s surprisingly rare.

Extraordinary Member

I think the ideas you've already given me will be helpful

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so...................there's gonna be a sequel to the netflix "death-note" movie.

Extraordinary Member

Side note, does anyone know where I can find a blank character sheet template to copy into a word document?
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    so...................there's gonna be a sequel to the netflix "death-note" movie.
    I don't mind, the first one was decent enough even if it was inaccurate as hell

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Side note, does anyone know where I can find a blank character sheet template to copy into a word document?
    They have a bunch here: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/feat...aracter_sheets

Though they're mostly in different PDF-formats. But you can probably find some that you can write in directly in the PDF.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    They have a bunch here: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/feat...aracter_sheets

Though they're mostly in different PDF-formats. But you can probably find some that you can write in directly in the PDF.
    Says I have to download a piece of Software just to download the PDF. So it's a no go

Besides, writing on the PDF probably won't work for what I need.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm... I suddenly realised something.

Jump Force takes place in the real world and Light Yagami is going to be a major non-playable villain in it.

Jump Force is basically just Light crossing universes in order to destroy the Netflix Death Note movies.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

...*turns to someone off-screen* Doomguy, i need you to express my fury.

Thank you.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.