Page 339 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 2392893293353363373383393403413423433493894398391339 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 36769

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Vic Mingogna has been kicked off of RWBY
    Any particular reason?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Any particular reason?
    Sexual Harassment Scandal that's been building for 10 years

On the bright side, Oliver is still crazy durable.

And yep, he got up from that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Sexual Harassment Scandal that's been building for 10 years
    Dammit. Why do my celebrity heroes constantly disappoint me?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Dammit. Why do my celebrity heroes constantly disappoint me?
    There are a whole host of allegations, certainly, but the social media quagmire and ANN smear campaign are reaching a little far.

FWIW he's apologized in statement and in-person to address this issue.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Because his friend was raped and he wanted to kill something resembling the perpetrator.
    Someone not something. Black people aren't objects.

And again, I don't see why you can't see that people might be upset or outraged that a famous person whom they might like/admire once used to walk around with a weapon with the intention of getting a fight with specifically black people.

It's a sad thing that happened to his friend but that doesn't excuse his actions or make them any less racist.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-05-2019 at 12:37 AM.

I wonder if we’ll get Saitama in Jump Force?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

And again, I don't see why you can't see that people might be upset or outraged that a famous person whom they might like/admire once used to walk around with a weapon with the intention of getting a fight with specifically black people.

It's a sad thing that happened to his friend but that doesn't excuse his actions or make them any less racist.
    i don't know. i'm pretty sure i was an object when the cops stopped me that one time.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i don't know. i'm pretty sure i was an object when the cops stopped me that one time.
    :( Man, I'm really sorry to hear this.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Of course they aren't and of course it was racist. And he didn't actually harm anyone. Literally someone saying the n word right now would do more harm than what Liam Neeson did.

And to be clear, I know that people would be upset. But people get upset at stuff that doesn't need to matter all the time.

Like, the US Democrats had a Senator in recent years who was literally a former KKK member and then condemned his own actions.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 02-05-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Man, I'm really sorry to hear this.
    me and my friend were heading to the store to make dinner for his girlfriend. we had taken this route almost every day and the clerks all knew who we were. then some cops flashed their lights at us and stopped us. they said they were looking for a robbery suspect and when my friend asked for his description, one of them said "he looked like you". keep in mind, we dress like fuckin' nerds. hell, i was wearing crocs, just for moments like this. now i was trying to keep cool and answer his questions, because here in america, a black man can get taken in/killed for no real reason. but what they didn't know was my friend was ex-NYPD. in fact, he was on duty during 9/11. so needless to say, he knew enough about police procedure to know what the deal was. so after running our IDs and seeing we both had no priors and/or warrants, they let us go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I wonder if we’ll get Saitama in Jump Force?
    Probably not, One Punch Man is from a Seinen magazine published by Jump and isn't actualy a part of Shonen Jump itselfs.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    me and my friend were heading to the store to make dinner for his girlfriend. we had taken this route almost every day and the clerks all knew who we were. then some cops flashed their lights at us and stopped us. they said they were looking for a robbery suspect and when my friend asked for his description, one of them said "he looked like you". keep in mind, we dress like fuckin' nerds. hell, i was wearing crocs, just for moments like this. now i was trying to keep cool and answer his questions, because here in america, a black man can get taken in/killed for no real reason. but what they didn't know was my friend was ex-NYPD. in fact, he was on duty during 9/11. so needless to say, he knew enough about police procedure to know what the deal was. so after running our IDs and seeing we both had no priors and/or warrants, they let us go.
    That sucks, dude. The best thing you could have done was stay calm. That's what my mom told me when all this tension first started a few years back. If you get heated, things will escalate in a heart beat.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That sucks, dude. The best thing you could have done was stay calm. That's what my mom told me when all this tension first started a few years back. If you get heated, things will escalate in a heart beat.
    that's nothing. you should hear the stories my folks tell. they grew up in the 60s, in the south. nuff said.