Page 343 of 540 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 8096
  1. #5131
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post


    It's my birthday!
    Happy Birthday Dog!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  2. #5132
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Where you lookin"? It has 86% on Metacritic and all of the review sites I've been to sans Polygon scored it similarly to KH2 and slightly higher. Most people who are just upset about the ending since spoilers:
    Sora dies
    end of spoilers.
    I think spoilers:
    Kairi being useless and getting frigged (even if she dosn't stay dead
    end of spoilers, is something people are right to be unhappy about, but otherwise it just feels like people complaining about the fact that we got a bittersweet ending in a series known, for it's bittersweet endings.

    spoilers:
    Sora also might not be alive, if he's in that particular version of Shibuya
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 02-05-2019 at 03:41 PM.

  3. #5133
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,440

    Default

    Kabal looks dope! I dig the new mask. D'Vorah was confirmed as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    meanwhile, been hearing some reviews for KH3. not a lot of them are good, which i can understand why.
    Gameplay honestly looks super fun. The story....in addition to the usual nonsensicality of it, the voice acting is off for the most part. The direction is weird. Disney characters fair way better than all of the original ones in that department.

  4. #5134
    Watashi ga Kita! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Where you lookin"? It has 86% on Metacritic and all of the review sites I've been to sans Polygon scored it similarly to KH2 and slightly higher. Most people are just upset about the ending since spoilers:
    Sora dies, though the secret ending shows that he still alive somewhere in Japan. Then there are the people who honestly thought this would be the final game and were angry over being proven wrong.
    end of spoilers.
    Is anyone surprised spoilers:
    Sora dies, considering Square Enix tends to kill off their main character at the end.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  5. #5135
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Is anyone surprised spoilers:
    Sora dies, considering Square Enix tends to kill off their main character at the end.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Sora probably won't stay dead, but I think there might be a new protagonist at least until he gets back. I could see Skuld taking that role since she's heavily implied to be Subject X
    end of spoilers

    Anyway I liked KH3's story overall. It still has some of the issues that KH's story in general has. But it has the best handling of the Disney stuff in a franchise, a sense of fun and adventure that's been missing since two. And while I have my issues with some parts of the end game I would be lying if I said the ending didn't get me right in the feels.

  6. #5136
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Where you lookin"? It has 86% on Metacritic and all of the review sites I've been to sans Polygon scored it similarly to KH2 and slightly higher. Most people are just upset about the ending since spoilers:
    Sora dies, though the secret ending shows that he still alive somewhere in Japan. Then there are the people who honestly thought this would be the final game and were angry over being proven wrong.
    end of spoilers.
    the review i saw was issues with the combat being too easy, at least up until the latter part of the game when you are done with the disney worlds. another grip he had was how the flow of the game didn't really match with the past games. but he did like the ending. so from what i've seen, (don't have a ps4 so i can't play it), the game isn't terrible but it could've been better.

  7. #5137
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the review i saw was issues with the combat being too easy, at least up until the latter part of the game when you are done with the disney worlds. another grip he had was how the flow of the game didn't really match with the past games. but he did like the ending. so from what i've seen, (don't have a ps4 so i can't play it), the game isn't terrible but it could've been better.
    I'd say it's harder than vanilla KH2. Enemies can do pretty big damage if get careless and I definitely had trouble with some of the bosses. Don't get me wrong it's not exactly a hard game but it's not the cakewalk that some people are making it out to be..

  8. #5138
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    3,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    spoilers:
    Sora probably won't stay dead, but I think there might be a new protagonist at least until he gets back. I could see Skuld taking that role since she's heavily implied to be Subject X
    end of spoilers

    Anyway I liked KH3's story overall. It still has some of the issues that KH's story in general has. But it has the best handling of the Disney stuff in a franchise, a sense of fun and adventure that's been missing since two. And while I have my issues with some parts of the end game I would be lying if I said the ending didn't get me right in the feels.
    spoilers:
    Nomura said in an interview last year that Sora's journey would continue beyond KH3 and he would remain the main protagonist, so he's as dead as a comic book hero. As for Subject X, people also speculate it's Ava.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 02-05-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  9. #5139
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    spoilers:
    Nomura said in an interview last year that Sora's journey would continue beyond KH3 and he would remain the main protagonist, so he's as dead as a comic book hero. As for Subject X, people also speculate it's Ava.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Ava and Skuld are the only two people she could be, but I'm leaning more towards Skuld cause she seems closer to the age Subject X was described as being in the secret reports
    end of spoilers

  10. #5140
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    I've generally heard good stuff about KH3, mainly from fans though rather than reviewers. It seems like the story packs the emotional punch required and that the gameplay is fun, even if it is a bit easy.

    The one thing that kinda vexes me from what I've seen is that spoilers:
    Aqua gets worfed all over the place and even the one part where you play as her ends with her losing in a cut scene by taking a fireball in the face for Ven.
    end of spoilers That's really annoying.

  11. #5141
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post


    It's my birthday!
    Happy birthday T-Dog.

    The T stands for The.

  12. #5142
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I'd say it's harder than vanilla KH2. Enemies can do pretty big damage if get careless and I definitely had trouble with some of the bosses. Don't get me wrong it's not exactly a hard game but it's not the cakewalk that some people are making it out to be..
    well the guys who LP the game must be pretty damn hardcore since they make it look so easy.

    though i do miss the drive forms.

  13. #5143
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,244

    Default

    Happy Birthday The Dog!!!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #5144
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post


    It's my birthday!
    happy birthday doggo.

    how many is that in human years?

  15. #5145
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well the guys who LP the game must be pretty damn hardcore since they make it look so easy.

    though i do miss the drive forms.
    It's easy to forget that a lot of the hardcore KH community only play on critical mode, so KH3 even on proud would seem easy compared to that. Don't get me wrong I only died 6 times in the game, but I ended up in a ton of sticky situations and I was only playing on standard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •