Page 365 of 2430 FirstFirst ... 2653153553613623633643653663673683693754154658651365 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 36448

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There are some people in Alberta (Canadian Province) calling for Alberta to separate from Canada, with the idea that things would be better.

I cannot understand how people continue to think that a province -- ANY province -- could manage this, even setting aside the fact that Alberta is completely land-locked.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i...........didn't know onision wrote a book.

and i regret that knowledge.

It can't be as bad as the book The Mysterious Mr. Enter wrote.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

So... at this point, I'm just going to disregard anything anyone except Monica Rial and Vic Mignogna has to say about that whole situation. Not saying I'm leaning one way or the other - honestly, I'm just trying to avoid the whole thing - but when one side feels the need to make up swatting stories, it makes it hard to stay objective.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So... at this point, I'm just going to disregard anything anyone except Monica Rial and Vic Mignogna has to say about that whole situation. Not saying I'm leaning one way or the other - honestly, I'm just trying to avoid the whole thing - but when one side feels the need to make up swatting stories, it makes it hard to stay objective.
    There's rumblings that there's going to be an attempt to make this issue a platform for an "animegate," in the vein of gamergate and comicsgate.

So... look forward to a lot more bullshit I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There's rumblings that there's going to be an attempt to make this issue a platform for an "animegate," in the vein of gamergate and comicsgate.

So... look forward to a lot more bullshit I guess.
    Oh, yippee. That'll be a completely objective and level-headed series of debates /s. As if the world of anime isn't divisive enough as is.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

He's lawyered up.

I hope he sues the ever loving **** out of all those people who did this to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    He's lawyered up.

I hope he sues the ever loving **** out of all those people who did this to him.
    If it comes out that he's innocent, then that's exactly what will happen.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He's lawyered up.

Going by the literally a decades-worth of accusations, many of which Vic confirmed happened but has claimed "No, it was consensual," in those matters, I think it seems most likely that he did this to himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Going by the literally a decades-worth of accusations, many of which Vic confirmed happened but has claimed "No, it was consensual," in those matters, I think it seems most likely that he did this to himself.

Considering no police report was filed, evidence of people conspiring to **** him over, and falsified evidence? Yeah, he has every right to go after these people.

BANNED

Considering no police report was filed, evidence of people conspiring to **** him over, and falsified evidence? Yeah, he has every right to go after these people.
    Look I don't want to get to far into this. But in spite of the idiots trying to falsify evidence against him, I think he probably is guilty. I'm not gonna 100% say he definitely did it, but he had allways had reputation for being that kind of person and frankly I don't think it would have gone on that long from that many different sources if there wasn't something too it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Look I don't want to get too far into this. But in spite of the idiots trying to falsify evidence against him, I think he probably is guilty. I'm not gonna 100% say he definitely did it, but he had allways had reputation for being that kind of person and frankly I don't think it would have gone on that long from that many different sources if there wasn't something too it.

I see too much fuckery on the "victims" to take their claims seriously. Especially seeing how many times men have been fucked over by false claims, or unprovable accusations by women.

I'm not saying he can't take legal action. He can try, I don't think it will go all that well for him.

My point was more that he'll be hardpressed to actually get anywhere meaningful legally. He could maybe try and go for unfair dismissal against Funimation but I'm pretty sure the Anime VA world is almost exclusively freelance gigs on a per show basis and freelancers have very few legal protections in the workplace so them choosing to end their business relationship with him isn't something you can litigate. I don't know the terms of the contract he had with them but I would assume that Funimation has enough due diligence to make sure they are covered legally before pulling the trigger. Going into a legal battle with a pretty big corporation would not be a good move.

He could go for a libel suit against the people accusing him but since it's all his word against theirs and, as noted before, he has admitted that some of the incidents happened albeit he interpreted them as being consensual which the other parties clearly do not. Going for a libel case with that kind of material in the mix would be a very bad move. Also there are ton of people who are like "Yeah, we knew. Everyone knew," which really doesn't help him.

Like, by all means support the dude if you want but him going to legal action is a bad and potentially very expensive move for someone who is probably not going to be getting any VA work for a while.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-20-2019 at 12:36 PM.