Page 374 of 2465 FirstFirst ... 2743243643703713723733743753763773783844244748741374 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 36974
    Extraordinary Member

To repeat a question I asked earlier which was sort of buried by the Gon convo.

I want to make that Shonen Jump thread today, and I'm thinking of putting it in either the TV/Film forum, or possibly here. I think it would fit in better in the TV/Film section, but get more traffic here since I think this subforum would have more people familiar with the material

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i think it was more a play on the whole "shonen hero power-up" trope that we are so use to. compared to others who pull out power-ups like that, it seemed fitting given how the arc was playing out. really, the whole fight was rather pointless since gon never even fought meruem, the fight with pitou didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, and gon paid a super heavy price for making such a decision. to me, it was the culimination of how far gon had fallen.

it reminds me of when gon yelled at the phantom troupe for killing people who weren't connected to them. and then in this arc, gon threatened to outright murder komugi, a innocent girl who gon didn't know and had nothing to do with the battle with the ants.
    Those are fair points

So, I read the recent Black Clover and I am now convinced Charmy is Toriko's kid.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    To repeat a question I asked earlier which was sort of buried by the Gon convo.

I want to make that Shonen Jump thread today, and I'm thinking of putting it in either the TV/Film forum, or possibly here. I think it would fit in better in the TV/Film section, but get more traffic here since I think this subforum would have more people familiar with the material

Those are fair points
    if one of the mods gives you the go-ahead, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, I read the recent Black Clover and I am now convinced Charmy is Toriko's kid.
    bout time toriko laid it down with rin.

Extraordinary Member

if one of the mods gives you the go-ahead, sure.
    So do I just PM one of them, or is there a more formal process?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Because you've got this major enemy whose had a lot of development put into building them up, and then there's no actual fight. The Main Character unlocks a power up that is based on a mechanic that hasn't shown up for and is unlikely to show up again, and then the main character curbstomps the enemy immediately.
    Based on a new mechanic?

Spontaneous nen evolution has been a thing in the series for ages. The Chimera Ant arc went out of it's way to remind viewers that it was a thing.

The point of the scene wasn't meant to be a cool fight. It was about Gon's deteriorating mental state and the conclusion of his self-destructive impulses in the pursuit of his revenge. As stated in the episode itself, he no longer cares about anyone or anything else, including his own future or wellbeing. He gives up /everything/ to just kill someone. It's not meant to be cool or exciting, it's sad and destructive.

Like, I get being miffed that we didn't get to see Pitou fight more but I don't think it's really fair to call an ending that's been built up to so well a cop out.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

bout time toriko laid it down with rin.
    Least convincing relationship I've seen manga in quite a while.

Let Toriko and Komatsu date you cowards!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Least convincing relationship I've seen manga in quite a while.

Let Toriko and Komatsu date you cowards!
    well, everyone wanted komatsu.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm glad Charmy go a power up so that she can stay relevant, even if it was completely out of nowhere.

And the way she devoured Rill's magic reminded me more of Neo than Toriko TBH.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    One Piece

Fun chapter. I wasn't sure how Big Mom's situation would be handled, but it's hilarious so far. Nice seeing some of the heavy hitters in her crew as well...not so nice to see what's her face. Balloon girl. Although....I wonder where Katakuri is?
    I kinda assumed that Katakuri was handling things back at their homebase while Big Mom and the heavy hitters she brought along dealt with things here. I have no idea what part these guys will play, but I'm looking forward to it. I especially want to see Smoothie kick some ass. Though I'm sad that it seems like Amande isn't with this group.
    We learn a bit about Kyoushiro and that he took over the yakuza from the original boss...the old man in Luffy's prison. Kid's already managed to escape but he's still got his cuffs on him. Perhaps he'll run into the Straw Hats fairly soon. And Queen's on his way to the prison...still getting some heavy Hokuto no Ken/Mad Max vibes from this dude with that cart thing he's riding.
    I wonder where the hell Kid's crew is in all this. Since we haven't seen them I'm kinda guessing that they managed to escape Kaido's wrath. Though, just like Law's crew didn't figure into the Dressrosa arc, Kids' crew might not figure into this one.
    I'm not entirely sure what devil fruit, he'll have though. Stegosaurus maybe?
    Hmm. Do we have a triceratops person yet? I'm kinda hoping for a triceratops.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Ultimately, I decided against putting it in this forum, since it would technically be more on topic elsewhere.

That said, I'm still gonna link it here

Shonen Jump Thread.
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 02-24-2019 at 04:53 PM.

25 minutes until the tournament!

get your seats and your snacks.

tournament is live!