Page 394 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 2943443843903913923933943953963973984044444948941394 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 36876

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    DmC was a game I played all the way through but it never really got to the kind of feeling that I wanted a Devil May Cry game to give me.

This was both due to mechanics (the colour sensitive stuff in the vanilla version of the game was annoying in how it limited the options of what you could do in any given situation) and in the writing which was... A mood but also a bit too cynical for what was traditionally a quite sincere, if goofy, series of games. Also it leant a bit too hard into the urban fantasy aspects of the series when the franchise had always been more comfortable in pseudo gothic fantasy stuff with Dante being the aberrant modern thing in that setting.

The heavily patched version of it fixed some of the design issues but it just want the same. I am also glad they went back to the original timeline because I just enjoyed the feeling of the writing more.

Not a terrible game by the end of it, definitely better than DMC2 but not as well executed as it needed to be.
    I was actually surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I never really warmed up to Dante's character design though. The concept art showed much cooler designs that they could've gone with. I'd say that I enjoyed it more than 2 and 4.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Tonight on Arrow.

Nothing much happened. Team Arrow discovers that working with the police means they have to follow rules suddenly so they decide to split off and do their own thing. Dinah rolls with this and makes them their own special ops unit within the SCPD. So nothing has changed.

According to Bronze Tiger, Emiko was the one who BBQ'ed Diaz, who is supposedly dead.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Anybody know if there’s a good breakdown of speed feats in Naruto somewhere around? I finished reading the series today (hooboy, that Sasuke,huh) and man I may have skimmed a bit, but I am not seeing where the general acceptance of the characters hitting relativistic speeds comes from.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Anybody know if there’s a good breakdown of speed feats in Naruto somewhere around? I finished reading the series today (hooboy, that Sasuke,huh) and man I may have skimmed a bit, but I am not seeing where the general acceptance of the characters hitting relativistic speeds comes from.
    I know someone did. I think it was Nik? Or maybe Esterecca? Can't quite remember

Anyway, Sasuke is a walking bundle of PTSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I know someone did. I think it was Nik? Or maybe Esterecca? Can't quite remember

Anyway, Sasuke is a walking bundle of PTSD
    Nik did a good one for Bleach and responded to some Naruto stuff recently iirc, but mostly just one dubious feat.

I didn’t mind Sasuke so much except for the last second face/heel turn. Mostly ‘cause his plan was super flimsy and made no sense and was obviously just an excuse to keep acting out his pain, but the narrative handled it really awkwardly to where it seemed like he seriously believed in his quarter baked one man global revolution plan
    Last edited by BitVyper; 03-12-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I did a fairly extensive refuting of the argument for Naruto characters being remotely FTL in this thread here but I've never put together a solid speed breakdown for the series myself.

As I recall, it was Hazard who did a very in-depth one back in the day but that was lost in the last reset. I don't think he hangs around here any more either.

But yeah, Naruto characters aren't FTL. Not even close.

See I’m having a hard time seeing an argument for them even being that far above bullet speed. Even at the end of the series, it seems like Rock Lee’s 5 gates playing ping pong with Gaara is still more or less the best easily quantifiable feat in the series, though obviously exceeded in places.

Anyway, yeah your posts in that thread were ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    that Dragonzord tail made me happier than it should have

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...The silly part of my brain is finding that too amusing.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

See I’m having a hard time seeing an argument for them even being that far above bullet speed. Even at the end of the series, it seems like Rock Lee’s 5 gates playing ping pong with Gaara is still more or less the best easily quantifiable feat in the series, though obviously exceeded in places.

Anyway, yeah your posts in that thread were ace.
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed them!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

my dad at the texas rodeo.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    the more i see it, the less i wanna play it.