Page 40 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450901405401040 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yea but like, Tira's paid-DLC day one.
    Apparently she was a characyer they didn't quite have time for so she ended duo being made as day one dlc since a lot of people wanted her in the game.

Even the producer doesn't know why they advertised her before the full roster was even revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Apparently she was a characyer they didn't quite have time for so she ended duo being made as day one dlc since a lot of people wanted her in the game.

Even the producer doesn't know why they advertised her before the full roster was even revealed.
    I mean, doesn't much matter what they did. It's the fact they've taken a roster staple (that people want) and turned her into paid content.

Scummy move.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean, doesn't much matter what they did. It's the fact they've taken a roster staple (that people want) and turned her into paid content.

Scummy move.
    Well, she plain wasn't in the original build of the game. It's not like she was always there andI don't think they decided to make her dlc to piss her fans off since this game has before this point been gathering a ton of good will. They had to add essentially make an extra character and her moveset after the original roster was set in stone. Probably had to add her weapon style to create a soul too.

To be honest, like I said before, I think it's just a case of the marketing team fucking up if anything.

BANNED

Scummy move.
    Tira wasn't even meant to be in the game.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

It's not real but man, I felt it.

Well, she plain wasn't in the original build of the game. It's not like she was always there andI don't think they decided to make her dlc to piss her fans off since this game has before this point been gathering a ton of good will. They had to add essentially make an extra character and her moveset after the original roster was set in stone. Probably had to add her weapon style to create a soul too.

To be honest, like I said before, I think it's just a case of the marketing team fucking up if anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Tira wasn't even meant to be in the game.
    I mean that don't make it better.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

I disagree.

Eh, it is what it is. The game was supposed to be a retelling of Soul Edge and SC1 and 2. Zasalamel was the only exception since canonically he was around way before SC3.

If anything, I feel like Tira's inclusion as dlc due to fan demand is a good thing since otherwise she may not have been in it at all.

Eh, it is what it is. The game was supposed to be a retelling of Soul Edge and SC1 and 2. Zasalamel was the only exception since canonically he was around way before SC3.

If anything, I feel like Tira's inclusion as dlc due to fan demand is a good thing since otherwise she may not have been in it at all.
    Not as paid Day-1.

It'd make sense if she was released later, but bundling her in the Season Pass/Charging for her out of the gate, when they were clearly able to actually put her in the game despite the roster being set ... it's a money grab more than "listening to fan demand".

Like the entire concept of paid Day-1 is a bit of a slap in the face. Here we know you paid $60+ for a game that's "complete", but here's more things to make it "completerer".

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'm not fussed about Tira myself.

This is how fighting games are at the moment and we've seen way worse examples over the last year or so.

Also, who cares about Tira as a character?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm not fussed about Tira myself.

This is how fighting games are at the moment and we've seen way worse examples over the last year or so.

Also, who cares about Tira as a character?
    Eh, it's more my continued annoyance at DLC practices, really. Tira's ... fine I guess, but she's no Yoshimitsu.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

It's not real but man, I felt it.
    I almost pissed myself, before I read your comment.

I wasn't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I almost pissed myself, before I read your comment.

I wasn't ready.
    TFW your body is ready.

To cry.

Astonishing Member

If I'm understanding the SCV thing correctly....

Eh, I'd be annoyed if someone was more or less implied to be on the roster, wasn't on the roster, and then the same day the game comes out: "Well, hey guys, you can get this chick, if you pay for her."

I mean, it's nice that they listened to fan demand(?), but I'd be more impressed if they added it for free, if I'm understanding this. At the very least, it's not unreasonable to be annoyed, given that this expectation was brought out via official channels or whatever.

Even if it's not an important character, I'd be annoyed if I expected someone as part of the base because of the companies marketing, and then it turned out that wasn't entirely accurate. "It was never our intention" is kinda....eh.

It'd be slightly less eh if like, Guile wasn't shown in the SFV roster at all, and wasn't indicated, and then later on they were like "He's here.....as DLC". At least you had no solid reason to base anything on.

Still, companies gon company.
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-26-2018 at 04:29 PM.