Page 402 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 3023523923983994004014024034044054064124525029021402 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 36573

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's not that surprising. 2 was crap and 4 was average.
    It sucks that two and four had such troubled developments.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Four Special Edition had playing as Lady though and she was SO much fun to play. Also playing as Vergil which was fun if not as fun as Lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Four Special Edition had playing as Lady though and she was SO much fun to play. Also playing as Vergil which was fun if not as fun as Lady.
    No argument there.

Y'know, I knew it wasn't going to happen, but for a hot second there I was really hoping that Tadakoro would just beat Saiba in their match.

Saiba just a feels a bit too supernatural in his abilities so his victories don't feel satisfying. I would have loved for "normal girl" to just whip his arse.

Extraordinary Member

Y'know, I knew it wasn't going to happen, but for a hot second there I was really hoping that Tadakoro would just beat Saiba in their match.

Saiba just a feels a bit too supernatural in his abilities so his victories don't feel satisfying. I would have loved for "normal girl" to just whip his arse.
    Yeah, Saiba isn't that great of a villain honestly and he didn't have a fantastic start. Him effortlessly beating Tsukasa and Soma's dad didn't so much inspire dread as it made me think "Oh goodie, he's going to be that kind of a villain."

In general I'm just not feeling this arc. It might've been more interesting if Takumi and Megumi would've actually been relevant to the plot instead of just being there to show how skilled their opponents are. Or if they'd skipped another tournament arc and just focused on hunting down evil chefs, that would've been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, Saiba isn't that great of a villain honestly and he didn't have a fantastic start. Him effortlessly beating Tsukasa and Soma's dad didn't so much inspire dread as it made me think "Oh goodie, he's going to be that kind of a villain."

In general I'm just not feeling this arc. It might've been more interesting if Takumi and Megumi would've actually been relevant to the plot instead of just being there to show how skilled their opponents are. Or if they'd skipped another tournament arc and just focused on hunting down evil chefs, that would've been fun.
    I've been enjoying the noirs generally, except for Saiba because he's boring as hell. They're over the top and all that and it's fun. I also liked some of the puzzle challenges, like the convenience store challenge and all that. That was fun because it was more than just... like MY POWER LEVEL!

I agree that Takumi and Megumi should have been used more.

And I would have happily taken more hunting down evil chefs over more tournaments but... shonen gonna shonen and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    It sucks that two and four had such troubled developments.
    Eh, I like DMC4 as much as 3 and 1, but mileage varies. The only issue in 4's development was that the scenario writer had to cut back on story content in regards to Nero, and had to release a director's cut of the full script as a novel. DMC2, otoh, was never even meant to be a DMC game and was turned into one at the last minute, which is why Dante was so OOC. I honestly would be happy if Capcom remade the game as they've done with RE2.

As for DmC, I tried to like it. I even told naysayers to give it a shot, but I just couldn't resonate with it. Donte feels too juvenile and cynical, the plot and its commentary feels too hamfisted, the enemy designs were bland, and the combat system is a bare-boned variation of 3's.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-16-2019 at 06:38 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quora really is filled with people who really think Luke is a rookie just because he didn't train like the prequel Jedi. I kinda put my two cents here.

Yoda’s training with Luke was less improvement of technique and more so understanding the relationship of the force and its dangers. Luke was already strong, since he had to learn on the fly while fighting a war where the odds are heavily stacked against his side. When you single handily blow up an AT-AT (you know, those armored steel camels that an entire defense line plus air support couldn’t scratch the damn paint off) with a rope, lightsaber, and bomb…You’re already a hardcore son of a bitch.
    ...I swear people really kept insisting that training is the only way to be good...

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Eh, I like DMC4 as much as 3 and 1, but mileage varies. The only issue in 4's development was that the scenario writer had to cut back on story content in regards to Nero, and had to release a director's cut of the full script as a novel.
    I mean, I like 4 but the fact that effectively half the game is reused environments and, more pertinently, reused bosses speaks of much larger problems in the development.

That sounds to me like they either didn't budget correctly, there were cuts to their dev time or budget or they simply didn't do a great job on it.

And as I say, I really like 4 but that game is clearly the result of a lot of development trouble.

I mean, I like 4 but the fact that effectively half the game is reused environments and, more pertinently, reused bosses speaks of much larger problems in the development.

That sounds to me like they either didn't budget correctly, there were cuts to their dev time or budget or they simply didn't do a great job on it.

And as I say, I really like 4 but that game is clearly the result of a lot of development trouble.
    They had budget and development time problems. The director of the game said so himself. I believe Gloria was supposed to be her own character.

They had budget and development time problems. The director of the game said so himself. I believe Gloria was supposed to be her own character.
    That tracks. I think I recall an article before it was released where they even talked about her being playable.

That tracks. I think I recall an article before it was released where they even talked about her being playable.
    That could’ve been cool. Her being Trish always left me feeling wtf.

Are you watching Love, Death, and Robots?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

That could’ve been cool. Her being Trish always left me feeling wtf.

Are you watching Love, Death, and Robots?
    It's on my list. Very interested in it.