Page 410 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 3103604004064074084094104114124134144204605109101410 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 36910

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That's he gets for thinking he could ever be a decent substitute for the OG Kahn.
    While I like both, Kotal's way cooler than Shao imo. Aztec inspired with totem and blood buffs and now a jaguar form? Also Phil LaMarr.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    While I like both, Kotal's way cooler than Shao imo. Aztec inspired with totem and blood buffs and now a jaguar form? Also Phil LaMarr.
    Phil LaMarr is epic.

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie has a new chapter out. Adam is a beast.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He's...um...pretty fast. Casually moving and reacting in nanoseconds, then overwhelming someone who was throwing attacks in nanoseconds.

However, he's doing too well coming out of the gate. I wonder if Zeus is done; doubt it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm starting to see stuff that indicates the entire Brexit vote was founded on misinformation about what the results would be.

Yes, I'm very late to the party in understanding this, I'm sure. I just heard some stuff on the radio this morning about it and am looking at the whole thing a little more in-depth because I was struck by the resemblance to the 1995 Québec Referendum.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Also, well done New Zealand, for the swift action after the horrible tragedy.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

On the topic of Brexit, UK visitors to this site - please consider signing this:

Rapidly approaching 900,000 signatures at time of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    On the topic of Brexit, UK visitors to this site - please consider signing this:

Rapidly approaching 900,000 signatures at time of writing.
    Awesome.

I understand that only 100K signatures are necessary for it to be debated in Parliament? It's not like that automatically has meaning, but at least it's well-past that point and still shooting along.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Also, well done New Zealand, for the swift action after the horrible tragedy.
    Read this morning that the opposition vowed to repeal. cant find the link again thouggh

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Read this morning that the opposition vowed to repeal. cant find the link again thouggh
    Last statement from Simon Bridges and his party indicates official opposition fully supports the ban.

And good on them for that.
    Why are we here?

I'm starting to see stuff that indicates the entire Brexit vote was founded on misinformation about what the results would be.

Yes, I'm very late to the party in understanding this, I'm sure. I just heard some stuff on the radio this morning about it and am looking at the whole thing a little more in-depth because I was struck by the resemblance to the 1995 Québec Referendum.
    One of the big problems is that the BBC, as part of its charter, is obliged to give proportional and fair air-time to all sides in an election, and in this referendum to both sides.

In this referendum, one side (offering facts) had the vast majority of MPs, the leaders of all the major parties, the Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Exchequer, the head of the World Bank, the head of the Central European Bank, the heads of all the EU countries, the EU President, head of the European Council, head of the IMF and Barack Obama.

One side (offering utterly blatant lies about £350m a week being freed up for the NHS, among other works of fantasy fiction) had the combined credibility of Boris Johnson, Nigel Farrage, David Davis and Donald Trump. They also broke campaign spending laws.

And both had to get equitable treatment from the Beeb, whereas I’m sure their journalists were screaming off-screen about the ridiculousness of it all.

Ugh.

My issue with 'proportional and fair' news is that it CREATES bias.

Take, for example, climate change. 'Proportional and fair' airtime means that each time they print a story supporting climate change, they need to print a story from one of its detractors. So if they print a scientific study supporting it, they need to print a scientific study shooting it down. <-- I have seen this in papers in my own city.

The problem with this 'fair' approach is that it gives the public the completely wrong idea that there is an equal back and forth on the issue, when the vast, vast majority of scientists involved in the research are supporters of the idea of human-produced climate change.
    Why are we here?

Awesome.

I understand that only 100K signatures are necessary for it to be debated in Parliament? It's not like that automatically has meaning, but at least it's well-past that point and still shooting along.
    There's a march on Saturday as well. At this point we're mostly looking for ways to demonstrate public opposition to Brexit.

With enough voices that they can't just say 'But the people voted!', right?
    Why are we here?

With enough voices that they can't just say 'But the people voted!', right?
    About 800,000 people turned out for the last second referendum march. Hopefully we'll see similar numbers.