Page 421 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 3213714114174184194204214224234244254314715219211421 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 37034
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Oh geez Read, that's freaking awful. That ex better be exposed and just stay the fuck away from her kid.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nik has the right of it for both. Really, the only advantage flight has with equal movement values boils down to 3-D movement (and ignoring terrain effects, of course).
    I ask because minor telekinesis at max level gives you the ability to move objects at 20 flight value and that seems a touch much since that means anywhere in one turn.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    I ask because minor telekinesis at max level gives you the ability to move objects at 20 flight value and that seems a touch much since that means anywhere in one turn.
    I agree, that's a lot.

Granted, it's Zen level. Which is stupidly difficult to get without breaking all kinds of 'stacking' rules (the favourite being 'Psychic Inclination for PK + 5 Power points = I only need to roll 220 + 100 for the Power Points + whatever my Potential happens to be (probably 130-150 range) and concentration (up to +40 more), and it shifts up from Inhuman to Zen thanks to Psychic Inclination', and sadly, no, it doesn't work that way, Power Points and Psychic Inclination/Amplify Sustained Power explicitly do not stack, Word of God, and Psychic Inclination doesn't help with anchored powers), and basically is the top value in a game where people rolling far less can parry nuclear explosions at a 100m distance from ground zero. ^_^

If someone manages Zen, I wouldn't complain too much about them effectively 'teleporting' (flying really fast) an object anywhere they can sense with PK (recall, if they can't 'see' where they're sending it, it's going wildly off course...it's not a teleport, that's a completely different Psychic Discipline). Trying to 'send' something to someone out of on the other side of the horizon might end up leaving the object stranded in orbit, for example (and certainly wouldn't have it appear in front of them, barring use of some kind of sensory power to accurately detect them or the Ars Magnus that allows one to put one's sight into a projectile and guide it).

The risk, of course, is the argument that one can use it as a projectile, at which point I would point to Ballistics and say 'No, that's Ballistics, remember that your accuracy is reduced in half when using Minor PK' then giggle madly at people who start talking about 'lightspeed projectiles and what they should do if the game rules were at all a reflection of reality'. ^_^

...if it's just a matter of realism/power level ridiculousness, I would say 'Flight Value 19 for Zen is also fine', myself.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 04-01-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Nik has the right of it for both. Really, the only advantage flight has with equal movement values boils down to 3-D movement (and ignoring terrain effects, of course).

Nik, jump back in any time.

Also, my Anima should update this week, assuming people have posted. Sorry - I've been away on a work-related trip.
    Not quite the ONLY advantage. You also get bonuses to Attack and Dodge from flying (more so if you also get the ‘Higher Ground’ situational advantage).

When it comes to the game I was away on a work trip too last week, and this weekend was filled with sundry stuff like Dad-stuff and Mother’s Day. I’ll have posted IN BOTH GAMES I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE OR THIS TIME I START CUTTING OFF FINGERS FOR EACH EXTRA DAY by Wednesday.

I agree, that's a lot.

Granted, it's Zen level. Which is stupidly difficult to get without breaking all kinds of 'stacking' rules (the favourite being 'Psychic Inclination for PK + 5 Power points = I only need to roll 220 + 100 for the Power Points + whatever my Potential happens to be (probably 130-150 range) and concentration (up to +40 more), and it shifts up from Inhuman to Zen thanks to Psychic Inclination', and sadly, no, it doesn't work that way, Power Points and Psychic Inclination/Amplify Sustained Power explicitly do not stack, Word of God, and Psychic Inclination doesn't help with anchored powers), and basically is the top value in a game where people rolling far less can parry nuclear explosions at a 100m distance from ground zero. ^_^

If someone manages Zen, I wouldn't complain too much about them effectively 'teleporting' (flying really fast) an object anywhere they can sense with PK (recall, if they can't 'see' where they're sending it, it's going wildly off course...it's not a teleport, that's a completely different Psychic Discipline). Trying to 'send' something to someone out of on the other side of the horizon might end up leaving the object stranded in orbit, for example (and certainly wouldn't have it appear in front of them, barring use of some kind of sensory power to accurately detect them or the Ars Magnus that allows one to put one's sight into a projectile and guide it).

The risk, of course, is the argument that one can use it as a projectile, at which point I would point to Ballistics and say 'No, that's Ballistics, remember that your accuracy is reduced in half when using Minor PK' then giggle madly at people who start talking about 'lightspeed projectiles and what they should do if the game rules were at all a reflection of reality'. ^_^

...if it's just a matter of realism/power level ridiculousness, I would say 'Flight Value 19 for Zen is also fine', myself.
    Speaking as someone with a character who’s working towards being able to access Flight Value 20 for herself at some point (I forget which level), it looks fun.

Oh, crap. I just thought... can you have both Flight and Superior Characteristic Augmentation running at the same time, given both need Ki Accumulation to maintain? My rules brain has gone fuggy due to lack of use.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

You can.

Accumulation dies at the end of the turn, not 'after first use' (so it's perfectly possible to accumulate Ki for five different techniques in a turn...should you be capable of such).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

You can.

Accumulation dies at the end of the turn, not 'after first use' (so it's perfectly possible to accumulate Ki for five different techniques in a turn...should you be capable of such).
    Awesome. So at Level 10 a certain little red-headed gob-shite will hit Agility 16, and be able to boost to 20. And fly.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh geez Read, that's freaking awful. That ex better be exposed and just stay the fuck away from her kid.
    depending on what she knew and when she knew it, her trash ass might got down with that scum bag she married.

Mighty Member

I agree, that's a lot.

That seems to be a bit of a weakness of the system that for some powers they just throw their hands up at max rank and say do whatever you want. Not only is it not consistent with other powers at that level. But it just makes the stats a plot device that characters can access.

What is the rank for nuclear parrying btw?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

That seems to be a bit of a weakness of the system that for some powers they just throw their hands up at max rank and say do whatever you want. Not only is it not consistent with other powers at that level. But it just makes the stats a plot device that characters can access.

What is the rank for nuclear parrying btw?
    I mean, slightly depends on the nuke but not that high.

Heck, Miburo's character in game with his shield up and going into full defensive stance rolled good enough to survive a magical nuke going off in his face albeit he had like one hit point left.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    ...what the Hell?

"Checks the date"

oh yeah, that was awfully elaborate
    Last edited by Hiromi; 04-01-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Incredible Member

I did not know there was a spinoff of Ip Man 3. Entitled Master Z: The Legacy of Ip Man, it came out last year and has Max Zhang, Michelle Yeoh, Tony Jaa, and Dave Bautista.

Having just watched it, I can say it's really a 6/10 movie but I liked the fight scenes. That said, Bautista's character was basically the evil drug dealer version of Mike Tyson's, and Tony Jaa had no lines. He was just there to stand there menacingly and fight.

spoilers:
    Also to assassinate Bautista at the end with an ice needle, just jumping forward and hucking the thing right into the back of his head.
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

GOGO Power Rangers Comic Issue #18

spoilers:

We start off with a flashback in the closing parts of the war with Zordon in the flesh and blood having a conversation with King Lexian from Saban's Masked Rider series. I did not see that coming but it's nice to see that being integrated into the setting.

We get some elaboration on the new Alpha unit, Alpha-1, and that he was a super weapon made for the war. He is extraordinarily powerful and decked out with weapons with a militant mindset. He was supposedly blown up in a trap centuries ago before being picked up by a ship and spending the centuries searching for Zordon before finding him on Earth.

He's also apparently planning to try and remodel Alpha-5. This won't end well.

A bit more info on Rita's mom and....huh. Apparently she didn't initially realize that a guy named Master VILE might be evil in the past and that when she did she fled to Zordon's group to have Rita in safety. Sooo by all appearances, whatever happened between them was consensual at least.

Needless to say, Rita plays her like a fiddle to find out how to activate the Dragon Coin.

More Tommy foreshadowing.

Rita isn't quite as clever as she thinks though and she finds out what Rita's up to and decides it's up to her to stop her daughter. Next issue: Rita VS Ghost Mom!
    end of spoilers

Also, we're getting a White Ranger Storyline.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.