Page 435 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 3353854254314324334344354364374384394454855359351435 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 36875

Yup. He’s back.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yup. He’s back.
    then i shall watch only for him if he eats the whole damn movie.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

That Title is really making me worried

Eh, I'll just watch my quora feed explode as people again start asking if this theory they made will be true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    TLJ killed what little interest i had left in SW. if you like it, you like it. don't want to watch more sue force stuff.

I mean I have my grievances with Last Jedi but Ray being a "mary sue" is not one of them.

For all my issues with TLJ, Star Wars fans did more to kill my interest in the franchise than that or prequels ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post

I mean I have my grievances with Last Jedi but Ray being a "mary sue" is not one of them.

For all my issues with TLJ, Star Wars fans did more to kill my interest in the franchise than that or prequels ever did.
    still doesn't change my thoughts on the matter. i'd think the exact same thing if rey was a guy.

BANNED

still doesn't change my thoughts on the matter. i'd think the exact same thing if rey was a guy.
    Eh Ray has fairly modest set of accomplishments which really aren't all that unreasonable especially compared to what Luke did with even less training than her.

Regardless I just don't like Star Wars fans in general, I probably won't be going to see Episode 9 and frankly if it sucks, it will be what SW fans deserve.

Eh Ray has fairly modest set of accomplishments which really aren't all that unreasonable especially compared to what Luke did with even less training than her.

Regardless I just don't like Star Wars fans in general, I probably won't be going to see Episode 9 and frankly if it sucks, it will be what SW fans deserve.
    even if she isn't a sue, he has sue-ish tendencies. consider that, as established by other movies and media, the force is particularly strong along family lines and luke is the son of one of the strongest force users in the galaxy. so his sensitivity and connection to the force is a given. but he grew into his power. the first movie had him being aware of the force but not able to do much with that awareness. it did help him blow up the death star but it was already established that luke was a talented pilot and that he had experience shooting small targets at high speeds. then in "empire", we see that luke is strong in the force but not by much. only when he is trained directly by yoda, the strongest jedi ever, does he get stronger still. but even then, it's not enough for him to beat vader who hands him his ass. then in the 3rd movie, we see luke as a full-fledged jedi and wise in the ways of the force. he became strong enough in the force to sense where vader was and even fight him more evenly before ultimately winning over him. it's a natural progression of power.

now rey, despite only hearing stories about the force, could, in the first movie, resist a mind trick interrogation, using the force to grab a lightsaber from several feet across a forest and then beat a highly trained, albeit unstable, force user who learned from two very powerful force users in lightsaber combat despite never using one before. and then in the second movie, she was able to do more with less training, due to luke not really interested in training her to begin with.

it just seemed more was given to her without actually putting in the work.

BANNED

even if she isn't a sue, he has sue-ish tendencies. consider that, as established by other movies and media, the force is particularly strong along family lines and luke is the son of one of the strongest force users in the galaxy. so his sensitivity and connection to the force is a given. but he grew into his power. the first movie had him being aware of the force but not able to do much with that awareness. it did help him blow up the death star but it was already established that luke was a talented pilot and that he had experience shooting small targets at high speeds. then in "empire", we see that luke is strong in the force but not by much. only when he is trained directly by yoda, the strongest jedi ever, does he get stronger still. but even then, it's not enough for him to beat vader who hands him his ass. then in the 3rd movie, we see luke as a full-fledged jedi and wise in the ways of the force. he became strong enough in the force to sense where vader was and even fight him more evenly before ultimately winning over him. it's a natural progression of power.

now rey, despite only hearing stories about the force, could, in the first movie, resist a mind trick interrogation, using the force to grab a lightsaber from several feet across a forest and then beat a highly trained, albeit unstable, force user who learned from two very powerful force users in lightsaber combat despite never using one before. and then in the second movie, she was able to do more with less training, due to luke not really interested in training her to begin with.

it just seemed more was given to her without actually putting in the work.
    Kylo was 1: badly injured 2: ot at his best mentally 3: is not that experienced himself 4: Didn't really want to hurt her. Rey who despite having lots of experience using a melee weapon with similar techniques to lightsabers still needed tons of handicaps in her favour to barely beat a guy who was established to not be that good.

The only real sueish thing about Rey is the mind scene. Trust me it's a scientific fact that autistic people know better when it comes to this kind of thing.

Kylo was 1: badly injured 2: ot at his best mentally 3: is not that experienced himself 4: Didn't really want to hurt her. Rey who despite having lots of experience using a melee weapon with similar techniques to lightsabers still needed tons of handicaps in her favour to barely beat a guy who was established to not be that good.

The only real sueish thing about Rey is the mind scene. Trust me it's a scientific fact that autistic people know better when it comes to this kind of thing.
    still doesn't explain how she's so good with the force with little to no formal training or having a familial connection to it to warrant having that much power so soon.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I mean, what about the millions of people real into it? They wouldn't deserve it if it sucked...or would they?

Maybe it's impossible to say...

BANNED

still doesn't explain how she's so good with the force with little to no formal training or having a familial connection to it to warrant having that much power so soon.
    Her only impressive force feat was the mind trick thing though.

Her only impressive force feat was the mind trick thing though.
    and that whole force yanking a lightsaber to her hand before she fought kylo. certainly more than what luke did on hoth.

She's the Force equivalent of Peter Petrelli.
    "Even as he [Kylo] callously rifled through her mind, he had somehow revealed his own. Rey found herself in his mind even as he invaded hers."

"Kylo had retreated at finding Rey in his head - had practically fled from her. But that had not been the end of that strange, sudden connection. She had seen more - far more. Somehow, almost instinctually, she knew how he accessed some of the powers at his commend - even though she didn't understand them. It was as if his training had become hers, unlocking and flinging open door after door in her mind"

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rey-jedi-mind-trick/

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

and that whole force yanking a lightsaber to her hand before she fought kylo. certainly more than what luke did on hoth.
    A bunch of force sensetive kids messing around have been shown to yank small objects, I wouldn't exactly call her pulling off one the most basic things you can do with the force, some impossible feat. Hell I would argue Luke having trouble with it on Hoth was at odds with how that was portraid thoughout the rest of the franchise.