Page 440 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 3403904304364374384394404414424434444504905409401440 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 36871
    Extraordinary Member

BTW Master of Read, my buddy Muse wants to have a character for the next tournament, and he picked Ganon

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    BTW Master of Read, my buddy Muse wants to have a character for the next tournament, and he picked Ganon
    i'll set him aside for him. just remind me in case i forget.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'll set him aside for him. just remind me in case i forget.
    Okie Dokie.

BTW, I already know what Rules I want to use

I’m enjoying Dungeons and Dragons and I’m going to look into Pathfinder. Any other games I should check out?

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I’m enjoying Dungeons and Dragons and I’m going to look into Pathfinder. Any other games I should check out?
    well the only one i know personally is "the iron kingdoms" RPG, which is based off the table top game called "warmachine".

well the only one i know personally is "the iron kingdoms" RPG, which is based off the table top game called "warmachine".
    I like the artwork. I’m gonna look into it.

I like the artwork. I’m gonna look into it.
    i do lore vids on the game. if you have questions, i'm probably the only person here who can answer.

i do lore vids on the game. if you have questions, i'm probably the only person here who can answer.
    Sweet! Send me some links. I see that they have a Monk class how is it?

Sweet! Send me some links. I see that they have a Monk class how is it?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/maxacor..._as=subscriber

be warned, my eariler vids aren't very good.

as for the monks....hmmmm i'll see if i can find an equivalent for you

A Half-Orc Lawyer? That sounds awesome!
    It's been fun. He hasn't had a day in court but he's been able to expose someone planting Demon Blood Drugs and gather lots of bags of 'evidence'. He's the Perry Mason/Matlock style of lawyer who sneaks in places and does a big chunk of his own investigation. Plus there's an racial ability called Overlooked Mastermind.

"Some half-orcs use half-orcs’ brutish stereotypes to their advantage, causing others to underestimate their intelligence and scheming. Such half-orcs gain a +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive checks. This bonus increases to +4 against other humanoids. They also receive a +2 racial bonus on Bluff checks to feign ignorance and Sense Motive checks to intercept secret messages, and this stacks with the above bonus. This racial trait replaces intimidating, orc ferocity, and weapon familiarity."

It fits a Half-Orc Lawyer very well

E:
    Well I've had some fun playing Mutants and Masterminds, though it can be very complicated to get into. I've also had some very fun Star Wars d20 games too, but I've been looking for at least a semi-serious team to do some Shadowrun with for years to no avail. It really depends on what kind of story you and your friends want to play in, as there are tons of games out there in various timelines and genres.
    Last edited by Dalak; 04-14-2019 at 10:17 PM.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I've noticed that butterfly knives and deerhorn knives tend to be built pretty heavy for how short they are. Does that help them absorb the impact from longer blades? I have a hard time imagining them absorbing the impact, parried or not, from a zweihander without issue though.
    I'm fairly sure it helps them absorb impact. With a weapon like them, they need to be a little more sturdy/have more weight, because they're likely going to be used in a more 'blocking' than 'parrying' sense (though, frankly, there's a lot of parrying involved as well with my own practice with the Deerhorns).

There's a practical limit, of course, to how well small weapons can take hits from larger, heavier ones. They don't shatter or anything - they'll pop out of people's hands before that happens, or simply twist in one's grip and not really help to stop the larger weapon. But again, these aren't battlefield tools. ^_^

One might argue that it also allows more weight for the actual impact of the weapon. Something like a butterfly knife isn't just a cutter; it's a chopper, as well. It can hack, due to its weight. I'm less sanguine about this, as I would rather have a longer, less-thick weapon designed for hacking because it's more functional.

To present a different point, I HAVE seen butterfly knives that are rather thin (by comparison - they're not thin-thin, but you get the idea)...especially the actual antiques. This article talks about that style of sword, and many of the pictures do NOT match the modern version (also note that the weapons are LONGER, or tend to be so). So the question then becomes, how much of the weight/thickness and relatively short blade of the modern ones is practical, and how much of those aspects are stylistic alterations that have crept in over time, as they became more 'practice tools' because people weren't killing each other with them any more?

I'm no expert regarding butterfly swords, but I've seen a lot of stylistic stuff creep in to different things in martial arts over the years, weapons and otherwise.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Well I've had some fun playing Mutants and Masterminds, though it can be very complicated to get into. I've also had some very fun Star Wars d20 games too, but I've been looking for at least a semi-serious team to do some Shadowrun with for years to no avail. It really depends on what kind of story you and your friends want to play in, as there are tons of games out there in various timelines and genres.
    Which edition of M&M?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Life kinda went crappy for me in the last week, but I'm going to check up on Anima tonight and tomorrow.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Which edition of M&M?
    1st definitely, but I'm not sure if I ever got around to playing 2e M&M. My most memorable characters were a heroic energy being caught in a Robot Body who could animate and transform technology, and an evil DC Martian ultimately seeking to steal the continent of Australia to revive the Martian biosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Life kinda went crappy for me in the last week, but I'm going to check up on Anima tonight and tomorrow.
    Damn, I'm very sorry to hear that.