Page 441 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 3413914314374384394404414424434444454514915419411441 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 36955
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    1st definitely, but I'm not sure if I ever got around to playing 2e M&M. My most memorable characters were a heroic energy being caught in a Robot Body who could animate and transform technology, and an evil DC Martian ultimately seeking to steal the continent of Australia to revive the Martian biosphere.
    Personally found 2e to be superior to the original, but that's me. Streamlined, but not to the point where it was silly-simple, and more attempts at balancing. But I was overall impressed in general with M&M until 3rd edition (which, for me, was not worth getting...I'd stick with 2e if I ever had to ref something again).

Damn, I'm very sorry to hear that.
    It's okay -- just crappy stuff happening, nothing too serious, just enough to make the week a bust. Thanks.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Personally found 2e to be superior to the original, but that's me. Streamlined, but not to the point where it was silly-simple, and more attempts at balancing. But I was overall impressed in general with M&M until 3rd edition (which, for me, was not worth getting...I'd stick with 2e if I ever had to ref something again).
    I'll see if I can find the books at any of the local used book shops.

It's okay -- just crappy stuff happening, nothing too serious, just enough to make the week a bust. Thanks.
    Well I hope things happen this week to get things on a better track for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'll see if I can find the books at any of the local used book shops.
    There are some good books.

...stay away from 3rd. They totally gimped out some of the combat rules, such that Batman with a chainsaw could conceivably injure Superman without even resorting to Kryptonite. Just...hitting him with it.

Well I hope things happen this week to get things on a better track for you.
    We shall see!

So far, outlook not good. But that's a work issue, not personal life. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Sorry to hear things have been rough Sharp.

In case you missed it and would like some good comics to take your mind of it, I'll just repost my list:

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Cool. In no particular order here is a bunch of things that are definitely better than Shuumatsu no Valkyrie:

- Vinland Saga: Meditative Viking revenge story. Really good, excellent art and clever and mature storytelling.

- Jigokuraku: Fantasy Japanese action. Group of quirky convicts are sent to a horrifying fantasy islands to find the secret of eternal life.

- Tekken Chinmi (Shin Tekken Chinmi, Tekken Chinmi Legends, any series is good for my money): The recurring adventures of the best good boy in kung fu. Solid action, lonely choreography, really wholesome stuff as well. And there's masses of it.

- Hellper: I literally made a whole video essay about why Hellper is great. It's like Bleach but much more imaginative and generally much better.

- Fire Brigade of Flames: From the creator of Soul Eater, action pyrokinetic fire fighters battle a shady cabal of flame demons and evil cults.

- Dorohedoro: horror mystery action psychedelic series. Awesome art, truly memorable sequences, very gory.

I have more but that's some of the good ****.
    Hope things shape up for the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Sorry to hear things have been rough Sharp.
    Thanks, and thanks for the manga list. ^_^

I'll look in on Corim, possibly tonight.
    Why are we here?

Sorry things have been crappy, Sharp. If you need to vent, you know where I am.

Changing topics, I’m ridiculously upset about Notre Dame de Paris. It’s only about 6 months since I was last there, and it was one of the most incredible buildings on the planet. Wonderful place. Absolutely dreadful news. Thoughts are with the people of Paris. What a terrible day.

The Notre Dame fire is just depressing

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

A massive tragedy. I've only been twice when I was a kid and later as a teenager. I know that I didn't take it in properly and now I won't have the chance.

They will rebuild but... 800 years of history isn't something reconstruction can bring back.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm a history buff. and this just breaks my heart.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Yeah....****, this is depressing.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Any news on how the fire started?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not that i heard. a friend of mine says they were doing renovations to the cathedral and a wielder's spark may have started it.

keep in mind, this is just her theory.

It started in the roof apparently. Once that burns through and collapses in on the building there’s very little you can do to save anything.

Extraordinary Member

On the bright side, I've heard reports that they saved most of the artifacts and art stored in the building

And apparently the stone structure is now basically stable and saved.

And most importantly, no fatalities.