Page 449 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 3493994394454464474484494504514524534594995499491449 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 36799
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, how long until Jason Aarons try to have spoilers:
    Jane Fostyrie
    end of spoilers be the most powerful of them all, even moreso than Thor... He IS Thor again, right? Admittedly, my knowledge of current comics comes from you guys (mostly read a few shonen titles), so I don't know. But has he got the right to use his own goddamn first name back yet?
    Odinson has been Thor for a while now

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    In theory, an RPG type game could have a separate GM and a DM.

The GM would control the story, the DM would control the fights and other challenges.

Thoughts?
    I mean you could do it. It kind of seems like a slightly redundant division of labour to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Whether it sticks or not, it's still unbelievably insulting to the characters.
    I don't understand what you mean by this.

Like, I'm not reading the series, haven't bought much big two stuff outside of highly specific runs for half a decade now, but none of this stuff is permanent, the characters don't have feelings and you know that this mostly just means that they aren't the focus of this plotline.

It feels like such a weird reaction to have.

Like, call it bad writing if you want, call it contrived, call something that you personally don't like but singling out the run as something the character would somehow feel insulted by is such a weird take.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean you could do it. It kind of seems like a slightly redundant division of labour to me.
    Depends on the core skills of the individuals involved.

There’ll be some people who are good at storytelling, characterisation and improvisation but aren’t good at the mechanical crunch side, whereas there’ll be some who are the other way around.

If you happen to have a GM who’s good at both, treasure them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by this.

Like, I'm not reading the series, haven't bought much big two stuff outside of highly specific runs for half a decade now, but none of this stuff is permanent, the characters don't have feelings and you know that this mostly just means that they aren't the focus of this plotline.

It feels like such a weird reaction to have.

Like, call it bad writing if you want, call it contrived, call something that you personally don't like but singling out the run as something the character would somehow feel insulted by is such a weird take.
    -_- I'm explicitly referring to the *presentation* of the characters, man. Odin, aka, "the Skyfather who can give a hungry Galactus a moderate challenge" spoilers:
    getting taken out by mook assassins is ridiculous. The same applies to Loki, whose magical prowess and physical strength, have consistently rendered his dad a negligible threat at best in their past confrontations until the plot of this series demanded he get eaten without so much as a fight.
    end of spoilers

Now, if both situations turn out to be red herrings in the end, fine. But until proven otherwise, yes, this scenario is contrived and horrible story-telling. And I aim blame at Jason Aarons listening to your pet squidboat.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-20-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece: Luffy's death match/casual training is going off without a hitch and he now has a new avenue to recruit people for the coming battle. Toko's family are apparently just really good at being/acting happy when they really shouldn't be, I wonder if something strange is up with that.
    Kawamatsu keeps getting hyped up so I'm excited to see what he can do. And Big Mom's finally at the prison and beginning to starve...so I'm assuming she might throw down with Queen soon.

Also, so far this arc has an extremely weird format....but I kinda like it so far lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Kawamatsu keeps getting hyped up so I'm excited to see what he can do. And Big Mom's finally at the prison and beginning to starve...so I'm assuming she might throw down with Queen soon.

Also, so far this arc has an extremely weird format....but I kinda like it so far lol.
    I love how Caribou can't comprehend why Luffy was so quick to make peace and ally with him.

Guy should talk to Nico Robin, learn how quickly SHE went from enemy to close friend and crewmate.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    -_- I'm explicitly referring to the *presentation* of the characters, man.

--- snipping spoilers----

Now, if both situations turn out to be red herrings in the end, fine. But until proven otherwise, yes, this scenario is contrived and horrible story-telling. And I aim blame at Jason Aarons listening to your pet squidboat.
    You might want to tag those spoilers there friend.

EDIT: I actually think this is me being needlessly pedantic, you do you man.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-20-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, how long until Jason Aarons try to have spoilers:
    Jane Fostyrie
    end of spoilers be the most powerful of them all, even moreso than Thor... He IS Thor again, right? Admittedly, my knowledge of current comics comes from you guys (mostly read a few shonen titles), so I don't know. But has he got the right to use his own goddamn first name back yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Ewing
    It’s not like the old Valkyrie. Brunhilde is available for consultation occasionally, but she no longer belongs to the world of the living — so Jane’s mostly on her own. That said, she does have something not seen before in the world of Asgard — UNDRJARN THE ALL-WEAPON, forged in the fires of the Realm-War, that can change its shape and be whatever the wielder needs — including wings! Which doesn’t necessarily mean no more flying horse, but I’m getting ahead of myself…
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...cafu-spoilers/

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Map (2).jpg

my first attempt at mapmaking.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Sengoku and Fujitora trolling Akainu is such small but amazing thing.