Page 454 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 3544044444504514524534544554564574584645045549541454 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 36572
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I really hope not, barring Cap walking in with an alien death ray or managing to swing Thor's hammer for some reason. I'm really sick and tired of the business of establishing a massively powerful character AS a massively powerful character, then having them get beat by someone vastly lower than them on the totem pole for no discernible reason. :(
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I really hope not, barring Cap walking in with an alien death ray or managing to swing Thor's hammer for some reason. I'm really sick and tired of the business of establishing a massively powerful character AS a massively powerful character, then having them get beat by someone vastly lower than them on the totem pole for no discernible reason.
    Oh, I agree.

I think, if it happens, it will have an asterisk next to it like ‘Uses the Gauntlet’ or ‘pushes the button’ or ‘lands final blow with super weapon’ etc.....

Not that Steve will actually, with just himself, do him in.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Then it's a good thing you're not looking at Quora. There are a lot of questions that does exactly this...And people answering for people to knock it off.
    As noted, it's exhausting and irritating.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Buying stuff from the US is both awesome and irritating.

On the one hand, I can get a really well-made sword for much cheaper by purchasing it through the sword designer's website (he designed the swords for Hanwei, gets them from Hanwei cheap, and sells them cheap, himself).

On the other, while I get a tracking number through USPS, once it hits the border to Canada my tracking updates become 'Arrived at facility'.

My current purchase has arrived at no less than three different facilities in Canada in the last few days. How far away is it from me? No idea! What city(s) are these facilities in? No idea!

:P

I want my darned dao (haha, unintentional pun).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Avengers: Endgame is really freaking fun. Yet it has a very different tone compared to Infinity War as they go pretty far out there with the comic book scifi concepts (at least in terms of what we've seen in live action movies). The climax is pretty freaking perfect.

But mainly it's a celebration of the who Marvel Cinematic Universe and what a grand undertaking the whole thing has been.

Oh and spoilers:
    there's one scene where all the heroines team up for a few moments and it is utterly amazing and I want a movie with that team like yesterday.
    end of spoilers

Oh hey, been looking for this clip.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

New avatar.

My love of mean old ladies as characters and my enjoyment of the series Karakuri Circus bring Lucille up to the plate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Buying stuff from the US is both awesome and irritating.

On the one hand, I can get a really well-made sword for much cheaper by purchasing it through the sword designer's website (he designed the swords for Hanwei, gets them from Hanwei cheap, and sells them cheap, himself).

On the other, while I get a tracking number through USPS, once it hits the border to Canada my tracking updates become 'Arrived at facility'.

My current purchase has arrived at no less than three different facilities in Canada in the last few days. How far away is it from me? No idea! What city(s) are these facilities in? No idea!

:P

I want my darned dao (haha, unintentional pun).
    1. Who do you buy your swords from.

2. I forgive you for never accepting my friend request on FB.

TOAF shared an old post of his, and it mentioned you, and you replied at some point. I happened to click your profile out of curiosity a few weeks back, only to learn I had apparently requested you.

This slight, that I overlooked for years will not stand! Yes, I know you don't use facebook! Honor demands I---

Eh.

I got lazy. Nevermind. I'll go spam Hasta's page for lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    1. Who do you buy your swords from.

2. I forgive you for never accepting my friend request on FB.

TOAF shared an old post of his, and it mentioned you, and you replied at some point. I happened to click your profile out of curiosity a few weeks back, only to learn I had apparently requested you.

This slight, that I overlooked for years will not stand! Yes, I know you don't use facebook! Honor demands I---

Eh.

I got lazy. Nevermind. I'll go spam Hasta's page for lols.
    You know I don't use Facebook either, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You know I don't use Facebook either, right?
    Yeah, but your only recently started not using it, and I can technically summon you if I have to, I think.

Sharp has one, and I feel confident the last time he used it was like five years ago. I don't even think he even remembers the password.

But fine.

I'LL SPAM YOU HERE.

HEY NIK

SUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Yeah, but your only recently started not using it, and I can technically summon you if I have to, I think.

Sharp has one, and I feel confident the last time he used it was like five years ago. I don't even think he even remembers the password.

But fine.

I'LL SPAM YOU HERE.

HEY NIK

SUP.
    Unless you message me direct on Facebook, I won't see it.

And SUP I'M GOING TO BED

My roommates want to start going to the gym with me. I have assured them that the pain will be most exquisite.

Abyss Rage is a pretty kickass manga. Anyone looking for some good martial arts action check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As noted, it's exhausting and irritating.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is your avatar Lucille?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel