Page 46 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056961465461046 ... LastLast

I'm Goku!
    I'm Insane!
    From Earth!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Kingdom:

BAJIIIIOOOOO

And, as predicted; TAJIFUUUUUU

My mountain boys are ON IT!
    **** has gotten gully.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

I'm Goku!
    I'm Insane!
    From Earth!
    One of the biggest disappointments with this arc is that the writers chickend out on deconstructing Goku and having it indirectly be his fault that several universes were erased.

Nope, there was barely ever any danger at all, Goku learned nothing about consequences and everything is fine.

Not saying that I wanted all the cool to characters to be erased forever. But there was a chance for actual character development for Goku here and they blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One of the biggest disappointments with this arc is that the writers chickend out on deconstructing Goku and having it indirectly be his fault that several universes were erased.

Nope, there was barely ever any danger at all, Goku learned nothing about consequences and everything is fine.

Not saying that I wanted all the cool to characters to be erased forever. But there was a chance for actual character development for Goku here and they blew it.
    well one can say that goku isn't a very deep character to begin with.

but you are right. they dropped the ball on him in this arc. but they hit a slam dunk on good ol' getts.

Why did you ever think that was going to happen ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Grand Priest removed any culpability Goku might have had when he announced they were planning on pruning the universes anyway, Hell the manga version had them literally moments away from just doing it right as Goku walked in.

And be honest, who didn't know they were all going to be wished back the INSTANT the Super Dragonballs came into the picture.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Why did you ever think that was going to happen ?
    Because that's what it looked like they were going for when the arc started.

Because that's what it looked like they were going for when the arc started.
    I mean not really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean not really.
    i was with him actually. the way goku just easily brushed off beerus' warnings about messing around with zeno and how dark he looked before he went to zeno's place did give hints about goku's lust for combat was getting the better of him made it seem like they were going somewhere we hadn't gone before with him.

they just didn't follow through with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i was with him actually. the way goku just easily brushed off beerus' warnings about messing around with zeno and how dark he looked before he went to zeno's place did give hints about goku's lust for combat was getting the better of him made it seem like they were going somewhere we hadn't gone before with him.

they just didn't follow through with it.
    There's also this scene where all the GoDs are accusing him of being a villain and Goku's response is basically to smirk in a manner similar to Goku Black and say something along the lines of "Sure, I can be a villain."

It could've been so cool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    And be honest, who didn't know they were all going to be wished back the INSTANT the Super Dragonballs came into the picture.
    Oh, absolutely.

But even that could've been done with more tension. Like have the Zen-Oh's be all like "No, you can have any other wish you want. But we erased those universes for a reason. You're not allowed to wish them back." And then have the cast convince them otherwise with words.

There's also this scene where all the GoDs are accusing him of being a villain and Goku's response is basically to smirk in a manner similar to Goku Black and say something along the lines of "Sure, I can be a villain."

It could've been so cool.
    the seeds were planted. they just didn't give them time or care to grow.

Soooo. Lord Drakkon's final power up was....something else. I'll put the scans here.

https://i.imgur.com/wzPxXkU.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/d5dpErr.jpg

This is going to take some explaining so hold onto your tentacles because this is going to be a bit long.

*Deep Breath*

spoilers:

So basically Drakkon got enough power boosts that he could enter the Morphing Grid itself and smacked around the Morphing Grid's Emissaries.

He then grabbed this 'Heart Of The Master' thingy and busted the other universes in the Ranger-Verse then made his own universe with several former Rangers in it now reduced to civilians or servants or just stuck idolizing him.

Everyone idolized him there, Zordon and Rita were a married old couple, Krueger was a normal blue dog, Finster was Drakkon's butler, and there were these energy beings that would attack a city just so that Drakkon could fly in like Superman and beat them up and get adoration from everybody.

Bbbuuuut then Tommy, Classic Tommy, starts showing up as a hallucination speaking to Drakkon and messing him up.

Then he shows up in person now revived and he reawakens the former Rangers and restores their powers, basically undoing his warps.

This is explained as...when Ranger Slayer Kimberly shot her magic arrow into the Tommy Oliver of the past over in the Go Go Power Rangers Comic, it contained a shard of the chaos crystal she used to travel back in time to the past and thus this time around when Drakkon killed Tommy, instead of just dying, he was apparently transported outside of space and time where he was found by The Emissaries who'd escaped from Drakkon and they empowered Tommy.

The plan is to get the stone in the center of Drakkon's armor. They get it off they can end it.

Drakkon shows up and roflstomps them but apparently the power boost Tommy got made him resistant to Drakkon's powers I guess.

Anyway, he shrugs off a blast from Dragonzord and flies up to smash but then Tommy gets his hand on the heart and they have a battle in the center of the mind.

Tommy beats the snot out of him and takes the heart. Reality crumbles away and Drakkon presumably goes with it. The Rangers then go into the Morphing Grid with The Emissaries and combine their powers with The Heart to restore the universes back to the way they were before all of this happened.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, maaaaan. I don't remember, now (but for an awesome change to the norm for me with regards to manga, I really liked the protagonist).

...which means I need to go back and read it again. ^_^ Not such a bad thing, that!
    You guys would be much more useful to the community (i.e. me) if you'd actually say the title of what you're talking about even once in this multi-page conversation. ^_^