Page 460 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 3604104504564574584594604614624634644705105609601460 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 37026

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    spoilers:
    i think it was due to present cap not really wanting to fight past cap at all and probably went easy on him. at least, that's my take on it. and am i the only one who liked bummer thor? lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, that's my take too. Present Cap doesn't want to hurt his past self, and his past self is going all-out because he thinks he's fighting Loki.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    i don't really mind her not being used much, (her attitude behind the scenes notwithstanding). unlike everyone else, i don't really have a connection to her as i do with the avengers or strange or the guardians. really, i'd want more of bucky over carol but with a movie like this, i can understand why.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Given what they did with Carol, Avengers Endgame would have been better off without her. She added nothing to the story that Hulk or Thor couldn't have covered for a better emotional payoff.

The supporting cast getting a moment in the spotlight like Black Panther, Spider-Man worked fine. But Carol one-shotted Thanos' capital ship and then went on to beat Thanos down until he saved himself with an Infinity Stone punch, and it just felt like meaningless action to me. That's fine in a lot of movies, but Endgame is a different emotional beast.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Running that PS4 buddy.
    We need to play at some point. I’m Undyingfist if you want to add me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    We need to play at some point. I’m Undyingfist if you want to add me.
    Miburohunter, as per usual.

I'm sure we shall meet on the field of battle one day.

Perhaps even as allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Miburohunter, as per usual.

I'm sure we shall meet on the field of battle one day.

Perhaps even as allies.
    Cool I’ll add you. We will carve a bloody path.

i've seen a lot of video essays on berserk but i say this one might be the best out of the bunch.
    That video is great. He really gets it.

I’m caught up on Abyss Rage and it’s nice seeing someone who can stand up to the main villain. It’s even cooler because it came from a character that I didn’t expect to be a fighter.

spoilers:
    i don't really mind her not being used much, (her attitude behind the scenes notwithstanding). unlike everyone else, i don't really have a connection to her as i do with the avengers or strange or the guardians. really, i'd want more of bucky over carol but with a movie like this, i can understand why.
    end of spoilers
    I definitely enjoyed

spoilers:
    the Great Thorbowski
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Game of Thrones: I have to say, I did not see that coming

spoilers:
    i think it was due to present cap not really wanting to fight past cap at all and probably went easy on him. at least, that's my take on it. and am i the only one who liked bummer thor? lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was disappointed how it affected his ability to fight when it mattered most, but Thor going in that direction was both hilarious and very foreseeable given his character.
    end of spoilers

Is it just me or is Baki just playing around here?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    No, I really liked him as well.

And this is why you *don't* put emotionally volatile and fragile teenagers in control of alien cyborgs masquerading as mecha.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

And this is why you *don't* put emotionally volatile and fragile teenagers in control of alien cyborgs masquerading as mecha.
    Don't you tell me how to live my life.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    That's fair, I'm still super on board.

Did you look at any of the series I suggested? You might find them more to your tastes.
    I have the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Cool. In no particular order here is a bunch of things that are definitely better than Shuumatsu no Valkyrie:

- Vinland Saga: Meditative Viking revenge story. Really good, excellent art and clever and mature storytelling.
    - Jigokuraku: Fantasy Japanese action. Group of quirky convicts are sent to a horrifying fantasy islands to find the secret of eternal life.
    - Tekken Chinmi (Shin Tekken Chinmi, Tekken Chinmi Legends, any series is good for my money): The recurring adventures of the best good boy in kung fu. Solid action, lonely choreography, really wholesome stuff as well. And there's masses of it.
    - Hellper: I literally made a whole video essay about why Hellper is great. It's like Bleach but much more imaginative and generally much better.
    - Fire Brigade of Flames: From the creator of Soul Eater, action pyrokinetic fire fighters battle a shady cabal of flame demons and evil cults.
    - Dorohedoro: horror mystery action psychedelic series. Awesome art, truly memorable sequences, very gory.
    Looked at Fire Brigade of Flames, and it seems like something to try when I get time. Want to try Dorohedoro. All of the others look good. I had actually finished all of what was in Jigokuraku already -- must go check and see if there's something new (hopefully central character has lost his somewhat annoying amnesia).

Thanks for the list, again.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I'd never try to kill them on their first workout but with how sedentary they are even though I'm going to go light they're probably still going to hurt.
    That's just normal.

I inquired about an MMA gyms prices recently and they wouldn't give them to me over the phone. They said come check us out first and then we'll talk. You already know what that means.
    Ugh, yeah. Isn't 100% a knock against them, but I'd be walking in to check it out with a serious negative bias. Cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    My grandfather had been in between a nursing home and the hospital since January. A few days ago, he hit one of the nurses at the home and knocked her tooth out, so they sent him to the hospital for a few days. Now, they've discharged him, but he can't go back to the nursing home, so he has to go into hospice care at home. Which they sprung on us a few hours ago, so me and my aunt have been scrambling to get the house in order and make room for the bed he'll have to sleep in.

This sucks, but nothing we can do about it.
    Gawd, man. I'm really sorry. I hope you and your aunt are taking care of yourselves, as well. O_O
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I read Jigoraku too, it's pretty interesting.

I'm particularly invested in Aza and Toma at this point, just because I really expected both of them to die early and then Aza kept kind of not dying.

I was pretty happy that Yamada eventually stopped being the damsel in distress too. It was getting annoying around the point where she decided it was getting annoying.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I was pretty happy that Yamada eventually stopped being the damsel in distress too. It was getting annoying around the point where she decided it was getting annoying.
    No disagreement here. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate