Page 465 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 3654154554614624634644654664674684694755155659651465 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 36869
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    There’s a sequel to it currently. Hopefully a group starts translating it.
    in that case, i'm all for it.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well...My Pops and I are sick. I was an idiot to keep going to work with no medicine on hand for three days straight and my Dad fell into our pond trying to pick a rock up nearly landing on his head. I think I'll stay home than watch Avengers feeling cruddy.

...My birthday is coming up for god sakes.

...Yeah, this will help make things better.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Link, Snake, Samus, any of the Fire Emblem people, Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Little Mac, Ryu, Ken and so on.

Basically anybody who is an anatomically correct match with her, and of legal age.
    She should shack up with Bowser.

Single dad, hard working, also royalty, super into princesses clearly, has an excellent command grab. He's the fucking package.

I mean, sadly he's in a committed relationship with Luigi but I think they could get poly with it. Maybe get those dragon-turtle benefits while maintaining some professional distance.

Extraordinary Member

If anyone was considering watching Rise of the Shield Hero, don't. It's seriously awful.

To give you an idea: In the second episode, the Main Character buys a Child Slave, and uses electro shocks on it until she agrees to kill things for him. This slave then rapidly ages into an adult and becomes one of his love interests.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    If anyone was considering watching Rise of the Shield Hero, don't. It's seriously awful.

To give you an idea: In the second episode, the Main Character buys a Child Slave, and uses electro shocks on it until she agrees to kill things for him. This slave then rapidly ages into an adult and becomes one of his love interests.
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of Isekai revenge manga (basically protagonist was screwed over massively, becomes a total ******* whose considered a lesser evil compare to the people who did ruin him/her...Cause writing and dumb story stuff) and that one was....Shockingly the tamest one cause it still wants to portray the hero as a hero. The other ones are just...way overboard.

I mean one has the protagonist actually be killed by the people he thought was his allies at the very end of his journey (more like he did the work and then they tried killing him soon after for years)...Only to suddenly be back at the exact point in time he was summoned...Because the god that send him there thought he needed a tutorial mode and his death finally ended said mode. Let's just say it was some revenge fantasy gone wayyyyy over on the edgy bullshit.

...God dammit, I'm rewatching Konosuba before hitting the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of Isekai revenge manga (basically protagonist was screwed over massively, becomes a total ******* whose considered a lesser evil compare to the people who did ruin him/her...Cause writing and dumb story stuff) and that one was....Shockingly the tamest one cause it still wants to portray the hero as a hero. The other ones are just...way overboard.

I mean one has the protagonist actually be killed by the people he thought was his allies at the very end of his journey (more like he did the work and then they tried killing him soon after for years)...Only to suddenly be back at the exact point in time he was summoned...Because the god that send him there thought he needed a tutorial mode and his death finally ended said mode. Let's just say it was some revenge fantasy gone wayyyyy over on the edgy bullshit.

yeah. "shield hero" is tame to me. i've seen worse isekai revenge manga.

there was one i keep forgetting where the hero gets dragged into the fantasy world by magic. the cool part? kid is a powerful martial artist who just mercs a whole room of knights and wizards because they looked at him wrong. you **** with this dude, he will not hesitate to end you.

The next season of Baki is on Netflix now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

Yeah, I'm incredibly picky about my Isekai. Rise of the Shield Hero barely passed my criteria of "anime/LN to watch/read"because the protagonist progressively becomes a much better person as the series goes on since said-slave is helping him rediscover his compassion and mending his trust issues, even treating her and his other slaves as family and friends. I also love the supporting cast(Raphtalia is an amazing girl).Arifuta, OTOH, is a pure power/revenge fantasy with an unsympathetic hero whose moments of "hidden kindness" just make him an unstable and needlessly violent jackass. Overlord also kinda lost its intrigue after a time when Ainz went from anti-hero to full-on villain.

Konosuba and That Time I reincarnated as A Slime are awesome, though.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-30-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Ancestor you show off.
    Jeez, that is WAAAAY back. Nice.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yeah. "shield hero" is tame to me. i've seen worse isekai revenge manga.

there was one i keep forgetting where the hero gets dragged into the fantasy world by magic. the cool part? kid is a powerful martial artist who just mercs a whole room of knights and wizards because they looked at him wrong. you **** with this dude, he will not hesitate to end you.
    Dude is a boss. I love that he started stacking bodies immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Jeez, that is WAAAAY back. Nice.
    Yeah, I was flipping through some issues and I found that sword feat and I thought it looked fun enough to share.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Dude is a boss. I love that he started stacking bodies immediately.
    certainly better than the wimps and perverts that are lousy in isekai manga and anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    The next season of Baki is on Netflix now.
    well i know what i'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, I'm incredibly picky about my Isekai. Rise of the Shield Hero barely passed my criteria of "anime/LN to watch/read"because the protagonist progressively becomes a much better person as the series goes on since said-slave is helping him rediscover his compassion and mending his trust issues, even treating her and his other slaves as family and friends. I also love the supporting cast(Raphtalia is an amazing girl).Arifuta, OTOH, is a pure power/revenge fantasy with an unsympathetic hero whose moments of "hidden kindness" just make him an unstable and needlessly violent jackass. Overlord also kinda lost its intrigue after a time when Ainz went from anti-hero to full-on villain.

Konosuba and That Time I reincarnated as A Slime are awesome, though.
    i like "the new gate" too. it's like SAO but shin is a much cooler and humbler kirito. he's still OP as ****, (mainly him being overleveled at the end of his game) but he doesn't go around showing off his OP-ness and goes to great lengths to keep his OP-ness under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i like "the new gate" too. it's like SAO but shin is a much cooler and humbler kirito. he's still OP as ****, (mainly him being overleveled at the end of his game) but he doesn't go around showing off his OP-ness and goes to great lengths to keep his OP-ness under wraps.
    How you read The Exterminator yet? The main character truly reminds me of Saitama in terms of personality. And it is interesting to see how he applies his knowledge in pest control to kill monsters, combined with magic.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!