Page 466 of 2463 FirstFirst ... 3664164564624634644654664674684694704765165669661466 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 36943
    Extraordinary Member

I wasn't saying Shield Hero is Edgy. I was saying that it's an awful show because it sends horrible messages to the audience.

The main character is an incel who was immediately justified as correct.

Raphtalia is an abuse victim who was literally tortured by the main character when she disobeyed him, and then the show proceeded to bend over backwards to praise the MC for showing the bare minimum of kindness.

Raphtalia is basically Harley Quinn

A new chapter of Shuumatsu No Valkyrie is out and Kojiro seems to have his work cut out for him.

Man this feels like the end of an era. MCU hit its big finale, more or less, Gotham has ended, Badlands is ending, Arrow ends next season.
    Man.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Why would you include Arrow ? There's good shows, and then there's Arrow.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Man this feels like the end of an era. MCU hit its big finale, more or less, Gotham has ended, Badlands is ending, Arrow ends next season.
    Man.
    Hey Guy I sent you a gift in a PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the exploring series on youtube just showed me SCP-3812. he considers this SCP to be not only the most powerful SCP ever created but perhaps the most powerful fictional being ever created.

and after reading up on it, i think he may be right.
    Last edited by master of read; 05-01-2019 at 04:38 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Yeah, I was flipping through some issues and I found that sword feat and I thought it looked fun enough to share.
    The remote control sword trick of his is pretty devastating, given the kinds of swords he tends to be carting around.

His work with it keeps getting more ridiculous as the series continues. Later on, he does stuff like 'tags people who blitz bullet-timers (Tiger), and has them dead-to-rights with the remote-controlled sword until someone else saves their unworthy butt'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    A new chapter of Shuumatsu No Valkyrie is out and Kojiro seems to have his work cut out for him.
    At some point the humans need to start winning, or it'll be a really, really short series. Kojiro is Japanese. At the risk of noting some bias (and repetition) on the author's part, I'm betting he takes this one after the usual back and forth of 'but THIS technique/skill trumps the last one you pulled out!', and a 'Kojiro has lost! Wait, no!' scene.

I'll note that I'm finding Kojiro to be the most fun character thus far.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    At some point the humans need to start winning, or it'll be a really, really short series. Kojiro is Japanese. At the risk of noting some bias (and repetition) on the author's part, I'm betting he takes this one after the usual back and forth of 'but THIS technique/skill trumps the last one you pulled out!', and a 'Kojiro has lost! Wait, no!' scene.

I'll note that I'm finding Kojiro to be the most fun character thus far.
    i'm just waiting for my man, simo.

Extraordinary Member

I recently played through Tales of Zestiria with a friend, which means I've finally finished enough JRPGs to create a personal top 5 list for the genre (not counting Pokemon games. It goes:

1. Persona 5 (So freaking great, everybody should play it)
    2. The Last Story (Big nostalgic feels for this super charming game)
    3. Tales of Berseria (An interesting anti-hero story with a very endearing cast)
    4. Tales of Zestiria (It's like Berseria, but not as good)
    5. Final Fantasy 15 (Cool moments but it's overall kinda meh to be honest)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    5. Final Fantasy 15 (Cool moments but it's overall kinda meh to be honest)
    I have to admit, FF 15 was another one I haven't finished. The combat system was irritating and they seemed to be going the 'vast amounts of pointless grinding that has nothing to do with the story' route (the never-ending hunts that chew into my OCD...).

I really, really wanted to like it, and there was a lot about it I DID like. But after a while, it just felt tedious. <-- This, from a guy who uber-grinded in FF13 and has played the same content over and over again in Mass Effect and The Division for literally years.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I wasn't saying Shield Hero is Edgy. I was saying that it's an awful show because it sends horrible messages to the audience.

The main character is an incel who was immediately justified as correct.

Raphtalia is an abuse victim who was literally tortured by the main character when she disobeyed him, and then the show proceeded to bend over backwards to praise the MC for showing the bare minimum of kindness.

Raphtalia is basically Harley Quinn
    I know...I'm saying other Isekais with this similar premise are complete edgelord crap. Hell, Shield Hero is more so infuriating because other than him and his group, everyone else are a bunch of dumbasses who think only the worse in him that takes a stupid long time to realize he's not that bad at the start....I mean like before he went total douche mode.

And the slave turn to love interest thing actually plays a lot worse from the other crap I've read. Again, Shield Hero is cringing but still stupidly tame.

That kind of thing is all pretty agonizing. I've tried a few Isekai-style manga and just...ugh. Walk away, walk away.

Can't believe that crap is popular.

I'm not talking about the ones that are actually funny and interesting, without all of the cringe-worthy garbage. Hit a couple of those, though I can't for the life of me recall their names.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I have to admit, FF 15 was another one I haven't finished. The combat system was irritating and they seemed to be going the 'vast amounts of pointless grinding that has nothing to do with the story' route (the never-ending hunts that chew into my OCD...).

I really, really wanted to like it, and there was a lot about it I DID like. But after a while, it just felt tedious.
    Yeah, I don't mind a bit of grinding, but going around a super large open world that's mostly empty and just repeating basically the same type of "hunt and kill monsters" task to do it got stale soon enough and I just burned through the story mode and never looked back.

That they tell large important parts of the story in other media (or left it to DLC that came out much later) also soured the whole experience for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, I don't mind a bit of grinding, but going around a super large open world that's mostly empty and just repeating basically the same type of "hunt and kill monsters" task to do it got stale soon enough and I just burned through the story mode and never looked back.
    I get obsessed with completing stuff, so it's beyond annoying to me. It's one of the reasons I got so frustrated with Dragon Age: Inquisition (which I otherwise enjoyed immensely, so I finished it).

...don't get me started on ME: Andromeda, that was like Inquisition except crappy. So it didn't get finished, either.

That they tell large important parts of the story in other media (or left it to DLC that came out much later) also soured the whole experience for me.
    That rather honked me off as well. What is WITH this new idea of 'no, we won't put everything into the game, you have to buy movies/read books/check the website/download an app/etc' crap? :P Bleah.
    That part was kind of annoying.
    Why are we here?