Page 467 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 3674174574634644654664674684694704714775175679671467 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,005 of 36891

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the exploring series on youtube just showed me SCP-3812. he considers this SCP to be not only the most powerful SCP ever created but perhaps the most powerful fictional being ever created.

and after reading up on it, i think he may be right.
    Needs more feats.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    At some point the humans need to start winning, or it'll be a really, really short series. Kojiro is Japanese. At the risk of noting some bias (and repetition) on the author's part, I'm betting he takes this one after the usual back and forth of 'but THIS technique/skill trumps the last one you pulled out!', and a 'Kojiro has lost! Wait, no!' scene.

I'll note that I'm finding Kojiro to be the most fun character thus far.
    I’d imagine that he’s going to win. I’m excited to see the other fighters too.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I’d imagine that he’s going to win. I’m excited to see the other fighters too.
    Oh, I'm calling it now. He wins. He's kind of an underdog, he's Japanese, they're already setting him up to look like he's in a bad position...etc. If he doesn't win...hm...I can't think of anything I'd bet, so I'll just say 'I'll be very surprised'. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, I don't mind a bit of grinding, but going around a super large open world that's mostly empty and just repeating basically the same type of "hunt and kill monsters" task to do it got stale soon enough and I just burned through the story mode and never looked back.

That they tell large important parts of the story in other media (or left it to DLC that came out much later) also soured the whole experience for me.
    That game had such a troubled development. I remember it first being announced when I was in high school. I know that the dude who got put in charge of it had less than a year to get it finished.

That kind of thing is all pretty agonizing. I've tried a few Isekai-style manga and just...ugh. Walk away, walk away.

Can't believe that crap is popular.

I'm not talking about the ones that are actually funny and interesting, without all of the cringe-worthy garbage. Hit a couple of those, though I can't for the life of me recall their names.
    Tensei Shitara Suraimu Datta Ken is pretty wholesome overall and puts a lot of focus on the logistics of developing a functioning nation. I thoroughly enjoyed the first season of it. The main character is a slime without sex characteristics so even when there's some tame fanservicey bits it doesn't veer into anything creepy.

Oh, I'm calling it now. He wins. He's kind of an underdog, he's Japanese, they're already setting him up to look like he's in a bad position...etc. If he doesn't win...hm...I can't think of anything I'd bet, so I'll just say 'I'll be very surprised'. ^_^
    Oh yeah same here. I’ll be rather shocked if he doesn’t win.

I seem to always get hired on the spot.

Cool news! Congrats, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Cool news! Congrats, bro.
    Much appreciated!

It's your sunny disposition.

Congratulations!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Congrats, man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I know...I'm saying other Isekais with this similar premise are complete edgelord crap. Hell, Shield Hero is more so infuriating because other than him and his group, everyone else are a bunch of dumbasses who think only the worse in him that takes a stupid long time to realize he's not that bad at the start....I mean like before he went total douche mode.

And the slave turn to love interest thing actually plays a lot worse from the other crap I've read. Again, Shield Hero is cringing but still stupidly tame.
    Thing is, because the writing is so bad, Naofumi is a bad person from the start. He's an incel who buys a slave without a second of hesitation or inner conflict, then uses electric shocks on said slave when she refuses to obey him.

Hell, Episode four tries to get us to hate the spear guy for the crime of...wanting to free a slave. That's literally all he does in the episode

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Thing is, because the writing is so bad, Naofumi is a bad person from the start. He's an incel who buys a slave without a second of hesitation or inner conflict, then uses electric shocks on said slave when she refuses to obey him.

Hell, Episode four tries to get us to hate the spear guy for the crime of...wanting to free a slave. That's literally all he does in the episode
    ...I didn't think I could be less impressed by what I've heard, but there it is.

-_-
    Why are we here?

It's your sunny disposition.

Congratulations!
    Thank you!