Page 468 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 3684184584644654664674684694704714724785185689681468 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 36947

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Congrats, man.

Thank you!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...I didn't think I could be less impressed by what I've heard, but there it is.

-_-
    Spear guy is then told by his two buddies that if he were really a good person, he would have a slave too

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Needs more feats.
    that's why i said may be. still a terrifying being who is hard to really counter.

I'm still surprised that SCP Foundation is popular enough that it's even gotten its own anime-based light novel series in Japan. I swear that if we get an anime of Slenderman, Nik is going to be short one Elder God vessel.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm still surprised that SCP Foundation is popular enough that it's even gotten its own anime-based light novel series in Japan. I swear that if we get an anime of Slenderman, Nik is going to be short one Elder God vessel.
    i do enjoy the oversimplified SCP series a lot. the drawings are fun and the simple explanations are easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's why i said may be. still a terrifying being who is hard to really counter.
    I mean we're assuming a no limits fallacy. Most we've seen him do is global reality warping, and resist attacks that .... weren't enough to destroy a planet.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean we're assuming a no limits fallacy. Most we've seen him do is global reality warping, and resist attacks that .... weren't enough to destroy a planet.
    as well erasing certain concepts from the very fabric of reality. the foundation knows 3812 has done so in the past. they just aren't sure what exactly it erased.

Extraordinary Member

In a similarish vein to the SCP, SFDebris recently reviewed a miniseries called The Lost Room that seemed very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    In a similarish vein to the SCP, SFDebris recently reviewed a miniseries called The Lost Room that seemed very interesting
    big fan of the lost room. saw it years ago. shame sci-fi never expanded upon it.

Thing is, because the writing is so bad, Naofumi is a bad person from the start. He's an incel who buys a slave without a second of hesitation or inner conflict, then uses electric shocks on said slave when she refuses to obey him.

Hell, Episode four tries to get us to hate the spear guy for the crime of...wanting to free a slave. That's literally all he does in the episode
    If I recall right, in the manga he only shocked her once while trying to get her to kill a slime after getting her knife (I think it was inside the store, actually). After that, he mostly played tough but showed he cared (giving her medicine when she was sick, hugged her when she had nightmares the first night and fed her better than what her previous masters did).

From the sounds of it, the anime just forewent all of that for the edginess.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    You come for my boat, I will stab you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    If I recall right, in the manga he only shocked her once while trying to get her to kill a slime after getting her knife (I think it was inside the store, actually). After that, he mostly played tough but showed he cared (giving her medicine when she was sick, hugged her when she had nightmares the first night and fed her better than what her previous masters did).

From the sounds of it, the anime just forewent all of that for the edginess.
    That's the thing: None of this is played for edginess. As far as the anime is concerned, Naofumi is behaving completely correctly.

BANNED

I kind of think Bray Wyatt's new gimmick would make a good Batman villain.

Phsychotic kid's tv host, just feels like the kind of nut that Bruce would run into.

Not only did I watch his reviews, I watched the series as it came out. Some of the items are quite interesting and the insight on the fabric of reality through the accident is interesting. I second the wish for some sort of continuance for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I kind of think Bray Wyatt's new gimmick would make a good Batman villain.

Phsychotic kid's tv host, just feels like the kind of nut that Bruce would run into.
    my friend and personal fangirl, pugsly is scared of this bray. she finds him legit creepy.