Page 48 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258981485481048 ... LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    It eventually does stride the line a bit for me, with that whole "anime peak human can do things that would shatter a normal human's body", so they still feel a bit "metahuman" to me, but yeah, they're a LOT more reserved compared to most manga about it. Early on though, you're right on how weak he is. It's refreshing that the main character is really just a guy, and has to rely on tactics like "trick the golem to jump off a cliff, because I can't even scratch the thing." Most other manga, I feel like they'd make a point to show off he had some special hidden talent and blow away the first few enemies.

spoilers:
    The Dog Knight gets killed with one punch to the head by a comparatively weak golem, despite his "genius martial artist" abilities. You really wouldn't expect that in a manga like this.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah. They DO get rather crazy in the future, but that's some time off the start, and in the beginning completely rely on imaginative and desperate use of their relatively weak powers.

I really like this one. Figure it's probably my second favourite manga, upon re-reading.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah. They DO get rather crazy in the future, but that's some time off the start, and in the beginning completely rely on imaginative and desperate use of their relatively weak powers.

I really like this one. Figure it's probably my second favourite manga, upon re-reading.
    It also helps for me that its short enough I actually can read it all without it feeling like a marathon slog. It was just about as long as it needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    It also helps for me that its short enough I actually can read it all without it feeling like a marathon slog. It was just about as long as it needed to be.
    ...Angel Densetsu IS a marathon slog. But of mini-stories, I suppose. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...Angel Densetsu IS a marathon slog. But of mini-stories, I suppose. ^_^
    I'm just burnt out on excessively long-form content. I managed to get through Berserk and Hunter x Hunter, but good grief. There's just too many other things to read, I can't spend forever on a single series!

Maybe when I was a teen, I could power through and marathon like crazy (and I did), but I just do not have that kind of stamina/patience these days. I blame the internet. And probably early-onset senility. :P

Speaking of re-reading, I just re-started Double Arts. It's a fairly solid manga, and it's only 23 chapters since it was canceled after its first major arc. Still manages to wrap up its "Book One" well enough.

Angel Densetsu isn't...a normal manga, by any stretch. I mean, it's a 'Teen school' manga, but that's a poor description.

For starters, it's done by the dude who did Claymore, so the art style is rather unique.

Secondly, the characters are HILARIOUS.

Third, it's not an action manga, though there's a fair amount of action in it. And the characters are mostly realistic, just not so much the central character. And it's...just ridiculous, without being silly. It's hard to describe, and must be experienced.

Started as a one-shot, then the author continued it into a massive series. Art style changes slightly between the series and the one-shot, but still fun.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Angel Densetsu isn't...a normal manga, by any stretch. I mean, it's a 'Teen school' manga, but that's a poor description.

For starters, it's done by the dude who did Claymore, so the art style is rather unique.

Secondly, the characters are HILARIOUS.

Third, it's not an action manga, though there's a fair amount of action in it. And the characters are mostly realistic, just not so much the central character. And it's...just ridiculous, without being silly. It's hard to describe, and must be experienced.

Started as a one-shot, then the author continued it into a massive series. Art style changes slightly between the series and the one-shot, but still fun.
    I will also +1 to it being great.

Highly worth reading, it's just good wholesome fun!

Solomon is best girl.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well my mood is fucked today.

someone cleaned out all the money on my card today.

238 bucks that i was savng to buy some copies of my book and other expenses.............GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well my mood is fucked today.

someone cleaned out all the money on my card today.

238 bucks that i was savng to buy some copies of my book and other expenses.............GONE!
    Holy s-t dude. Have you contacted a lawyer?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Holy s-t dude. Have you contacted a lawyer?
    contacted the card company. told them that it wasn't a authorized transaction and they said they will return my money but it will be days before all this **** settles.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    contacted the card company. told them that it wasn't a authorized transaction and they said they will return my money but it will be days before all this **** settles.
    Well there's that at least. I'd advise researching what can be done about these kinds of things in the future too and keeping an eye on your funds and belongings.

Sorry, I don't have experience in these kinds of situations.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

I haven't even finished Persona Q yet, but I accept that Q2 is going to be bought.

****, I haven't even played Persona 5 yet. And by played, I mean, watched all the cutscenes on YouTube.

Got my review copy of snk heroines today.....this is indeed a game