Page 483 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 3834334734794804814824834844854864874935335839831483 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 36796
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Can't believe Star vs the Forces of Evil will be over by next Sunday. It's been a hell of a ride.
    didn't expect to like it as much as i do.

gonna miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    And this is one of the reasons I support her/it over Cthulhu.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Optimus Prime and Megatron's respective philosophies have a lot in common with the Assassins and Templars

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and every day, i get scared to go outdoors.

video just popped up showing a black man, playing ball with his kids, in his yard, nearly getting arrested by a cop who just rolled up on him, saying he had a warrant for his arrest. keep in mind, for a cop to know you know if you have a warrant on you, they have to have your ID. this cop did not know this man's name nor did he ask for it. he simply said he had a warrant from Louisiana, even though he and his wife, who recorded the entire thing, said they had never been to Louisiana. when he asked what his name was and he said only "quinton". needless to say, the black man's name was NOT quinton. then back up arrives and they show him a picture of the suspect in question. the cops say he looks like him. why? because the suspect had dreads and was black. that's it.

i only bring this up because this happened down the street from where my cousin lives.
    I am consistently blown away that this **** still happens. Sadly, it blows me away because I'm white (and male), so I've never got this in my life. I'm sure if that were not the case, it wouldn't be a surprise, which is equally horrific to consider.

It's mind-numbingly unfair and disgusting.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I am consistently blown away that this **** still happens. Sadly, it blows me away because I'm white (and male), so I've never got this in my life. I'm sure if that were not the case, it wouldn't be a surprise, which is equally horrific to consider.

It's mind-numbingly unfair and disgusting.
    well the good news is that the guy survived the encounter. can't believe i have to say that in this day and age.

then of course, you have those who try to justify the cop's actions, despite violating standard protocol. it happens all the time when a cop kills a unarmed black man/kid here.

just a few weeks ago, a cop pulls a guy over for no real reason. then when the guy complies with the cop's orders to show him his ID, the cop freaks out and shoots at him. then he lies and said the guy was "being aggressive and led him on a chase around the car". how do i know this is a lie? because the dash cam footage competely contridicts everything the cop said.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well the good news is that the guy survived the encounter. can't believe i have to say that in this day and age.

then of course, you have those who try to justify the cop's actions, despite violating standard protocol. it happens all the time when a cop kills a unarmed black man/kid here.

just a few weeks ago, a cop pulls a guy over for no real reason. then when the guy complies with the cop's orders to show him his ID, the cop freaks out and shoots at him. then he lies and said the guy was "being aggressive and led him on a chase around the car". how do i know this is a lie? because the dash cam footage competely contridicts everything the cop said.
    Behhhhh....cripes. Yeah, I read about shootings, and again...it blows my mind. And it keeps happening, and it still gets washed over, and very little seems to change. Only positive thing is that in this day and age, there are cameras everywhere so more of this crap is getting put out in the open.

For all the good that does. :(

Racism in various forms happens EVERYWHERE (along with other 'isms', if you get my drift), but the US seems to be a freaking powderkeg these days when it comes to that (and other things, but we're talking about racism right now, racial violence, racial divides, racial inequity, etc, etc). I'm personally wondering when mass, sweeping violence will explode in the US, aka some kind of race war.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Behhhhh....cripes. Yeah, I read about shootings, and again...it blows my mind. And it keeps happening, and it still gets washed over, and very little seems to change. Only positive thing is that in this day and age, there are cameras everywhere so more of this crap is getting put out in the open.

For all the good that does.

Racism in various forms happens EVERYWHERE (along with other 'isms', if you get my drift), but the US seems to be a freaking powderkeg these days when it comes to that (and other things, but we're talking about racism right now, racial violence, racial divides, racial inequity, etc, etc). I'm personally wondering when mass, sweeping violence will explode in the US, aka some kind of race war.
    part of it also the media. some talking head will downgrade these incidents by looking into the background of the person killed and will find any reason to justify the cop kill him by focusing on one thing about him.

it's dehumanizing to be murdered by a cop and then having your image slammed by people who don't know you or your struggle.

It's 2019. We should be well-beyond this. Like, crazy-past it.

We're freaking crawling along, if that. These days, we're probably inching backward.
    Why are we here?

Plunderer is going to have an anime adaptation. I’m very excited about it. It has some of the coolest displays of speed since GetBackers.

So, Terminator: Dark Fate will have James Cameron returning as a producer and the movie will ignore all of the previous sequels except for Terminator 2. That seems the new trend in Hollywood. Hopefully, they can do the same to The Predator and Aliens. Predator 4, Alien 3 and Resurrection should be removed from continuity and memory.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 05-13-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It's 2019. We should be well-beyond this. Like, crazy-past it.

We're freaking crawling along, if that. These days, we're probably inching backward.
    Forget probably, we are inching backwards. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if someone seriously made a case for bringing some version of the Jim Crow laws back.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Flying! Whoooosh!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

someone filmed an antiisrael video outside my synagogue calling for protests....there will now have to be a police prescence going forward at the synagouge