Page 500 of 570 FirstFirst ... 400450490496497498499500501502503504510550 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 8546
  1. #7486
    Prince of Duckness Beadle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It got ridiculous. The character is 'built' for archery (so take that into account when considering the damage/ability), she's loosing arrows at riders from the back of a bloody carriage (which isn't exactly stable, so there are some modifiers, BUUUT), the riders' Dodge stat is limited by their (not-fantastic) Ride skill, and Siriel is open-rolling.

    [Me] Ugh, this is not proceeding well for the pursuers.

    This, after the PCs decided once again 'No, we're not going to stand and fight, why would we do that?' and ruined the ambushers' best chances for a serious fight. <-- hint: this is NOT me mocking the PCs.
    It was one of the best, most tactically-astute encounters we’ve had.

    1. Play it nonchalant so they don’t realise we’ve noticed the threat.
    2. Take out the sniper and distract the assailants.
    3. Genevieve uses her horse to provide cover for everyone to get to the carriage, while Serafyna frightens their horses to slow them down.
    4. Annais takes out the leading pursuers, Genevieve draws some pursuers away, while Giovanna and Serafyna take out the attackers that DO make it as far as attaching themselves to the carriage itself.

    It was like... teamwork. o_0

  2. #7487
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    I was pretty cool with that. Tactics, eschewing brute-force solutions, picking a goal and working toward that rather than 'we must beat the enemy', the capacity to grasp the idea of retreat, all of these things can really help in a game where the combat doesn't follow a GM-chosen path...much like in real life.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  3. #7488
    Astonishing Member Lord Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It got ridiculous. The character is 'built' for archery (so take that into account when considering the damage/ability), she's loosing arrows at riders from the back of a bloody carriage (which isn't exactly stable, so there are some modifiers, BUUUT), the riders' Dodge stat is limited by their (not-fantastic) Ride skill, and Siriel is open-rolling.

    [Me] Ugh, this is not proceeding well for the pursuers.

    This, after the PCs decided once again 'No, we're not going to stand and fight, why would we do that?' and ruined the ambushers' best chances for a serious fight. <-- hint: this is NOT me mocking the PCs.
    That got a good laugh out of me.

    The characters are also mostly women and children. So running away is culturally honorable expected of them in Gabriel. ^_^

  4. #7489
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    That got a good laugh out of me.

    The characters are also mostly women and children. So running away is culturally honorable expected of them in Gabriel. ^_^
    You lot pretty much made all the good choices. Not saying they were the only ones, but they were for sure good ones. ^_^
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  5. #7490
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It was one of the best, most tactically-astute encounters we’ve had.

    1. Play it nonchalant so they don’t realise we’ve noticed the threat.
    2. Take out the sniper and distract the assailants.
    3. Genevieve uses her horse to provide cover for everyone to get to the carriage, while Serafyna frightens their horses to slow them down.
    4. Annais takes out the leading pursuers, Genevieve draws some pursuers away, while Giovanna and Serafyna take out the attackers that DO make it as far as attaching themselves to the carriage itself.

    It was like... teamwork. o_0
    One day I'll pick Samuel back up.

    Being weaned back onto the system with Corim though, might be sooner rather than later.
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Art Thread on CBR

  6. #7491
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Lemme know when. We have some work to do on old Samuel.
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  7. #7492
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,418

    Default

    Apparently this was an actual variant cover for Daredevil.

    Daredevil.jpg

    Personally, I love it. ^_^
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

    "...the Myths Transformed version of the legendarium, in which the Moon is Melkor's attempt to make his own Arda with blackjack and hookers."
    - Estrecca

    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

    "[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

  8. #7493
    Watashi ga Kita! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,515

    Default

    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  9. #7494
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Apparently this was an actual variant cover for Daredevil.

    Daredevil.jpg

    Personally, I love it. ^_^
    Zdarsky did a whole line of "Draw this character variants"

  10. #7495
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well the winner of the next battle is obvious

  11. #7496
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Munch, Capital of So Asbena
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Well the winner of the next battle is obvious
    I was going to say "Depends on which Green lantern they use", but Death Battle grabs from all the continuities as long as it's the same character don't they?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

  12. #7497
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I was going to say "Depends on which Green lantern they use", but Death Battle grabs from all the continuities as long as it's the same character don't they?
    They mainly base it on the primary continuity but due pull feats from others so long as they inine with what the character can do in the primary one

  13. #7498
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,367

    Default


  14. #7499
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,083

    Default



    add goofy to the list of "people you shouldn't owe money".

  15. #7500
    Postmania Champion Gryphon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I was going to say "Depends on which Green lantern they use", but Death Battle grabs from all the continuities as long as it's the same character don't they?
    I meant the one they revealed at the end for next time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •