Page 515 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 1541546550551151251351451551651751851952556561510151515 ... LastLast
Results 7,711 to 7,725 of 36871
    Extraordinary Member

Renji: Is there ANYTHING massive blasts of energy can't solve?
    Ichigo: It can't bring my mom back to life.

Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Bad Boys: ...Well ****. One whole volume of the protagonists getting their asses kicked.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

My housemate has been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey lately so I did this at his request:

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My housemate has been playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey lately so I did this at his request:

Odyssey is a fantastic game that I'd compare favorably against Dragon Age Inquisition. It's not "the greatest game ever made," but Ubisoft is beginning to push into the top tier of action RPGs. Between this, a new Vampire the Masquerade game and Cyberpunk 2077, I'm once again hopeful about my favorite game genre.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Very impressive. Awesome work there Nik.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Odyssey is a fantastic game that I'd compare favorably against Dragon Age Inquisition. It's not "the greatest game ever made," but Ubisoft is beginning to push into the top tier of action RPGs. Between this, a new Vampire the Masquerade game and Cyberpunk 2077, I'm once again hopeful about my favorite game genre.
    While I have no real interest in playing the game myself, the shift to RPG mechanics in a Screed game seems like a good move. Makes gameplay feel more open, makes the player feel more empowered, combat is definitely more engaging. Housemate was playing AC: Syndicate recently and that game was just... a bit of a dirge mechanically.

Also, the plot seems a lot better thought out in this one. We've been pleasantly surprised by the directions it's been going.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Very impressive. Awesome work there Nik.
    Thanks mate, much appreciate.

While I have no real interest in playing the game myself, the shift to RPG mechanics in a Screed game seems like a good move. Makes gameplay feel more open, makes the player feel more empowered, combat is definitely more engaging. Housemate was playing AC: Syndicate recently and that game was just... a bit of a dirge mechanically.

Also, the plot seems a lot better thought out in this one. We've been pleasantly surprised by the directions it's been going.

Thanks mate, much appreciate.
    I actually liked Syndicate. I think it’s one of the more underrated AC games. I believe Origins is my favorite though. Bayek was an awesome protagonist and the missions where you play as his wife were badass.

Cool animation by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I actually liked Syndicate. I think it’s one of the more underrated AC games. I believe Origins is my favorite though. Bayek was an awesome protagonist and the missions where you play as his wife were badass.

Cool animation by the way.
    I haven't played an AC game since... well, I played through Brotherhood and then started Revelations but the mechanics were so stale for me by then and then the game asked me to play tower defense minigames and start crafting things and I noped out of that.

Since then, I've watched housemates play the following:

- AC III: Terrible, no one in our house got very far into it or finished it.
    - Black Flag: Seemed pretty good, gameplay solid, setting good. A bit of a return to form.
    - Syndicate: Cool setting mired by bad character writing (Jacob could just generally **** off) and very weak mechanics.
    - Odyssey: First real attempt I've seen at genuine innovation with the RPG mechanics which seem like a good step.

I haven't played an AC game since... well, I played through Brotherhood and then started Revelations but the mechanics were so stale for me by then and then the game asked me to play tower defense minigames and start crafting things and I noped out of that.

- Black Flag: Seemed pretty good, gameplay solid, setting good. A bit of a return to form.
    - Syndicate: Cool setting mired by bad character writing (Jacob could just generally **** off) and very weak mechanics.
    - Odyssey: First real attempt I've seen at genuine innovation with the RPG mechanics which seem like a good step.
    AC III is the one that seems to divide fans. Black Flag was a blast. I enjoyed Syndicate’s combat system a lot but there are other areas of the game that need polish. I’m loving the rpg elements they’ve been adding in recent years.

Extraordinary Member

The RPG stuff showed up on Origins IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The RPG stuff showed up on Origins IIRC
    As you can see from the list, I never played that one or saw it being played. Seems like a good direction though.

Went to the Renaissance Festival today, and this is what I bought (also, picture of me wearing two of the items I bought):

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Went to the Renaissance Festival today, and this is what I bought (also, picture of me wearing two of the items I bought):

i approve.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.