Page 517 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 1741746750751351451551651751851952052152756761710171517 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 36804

Red Faction is rumored to be making a comeback. This could be awesome.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'm moving my fanfiction readings to thursday.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Well, I don't pity these brats. They brought it on themselves.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    A series of books famous for terrifying artwork for mostly average 'scary' stories.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Well I enjoyed the Godzilla movie... but I completely see why the critics are panning it, the script is horrible and the acting(outside of Watanabe whose good in basically everything he appears in) isn't any better. ANd dear God did they waste Charles Dance, it's like remember how underutilized Cranstan was in 2014? Well hold my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Well I enjoyed the Godzilla movie... but I completely see why the critics are panning it, the script is horrible and the acting(outside of Watanabe whose good in basically everything he appears in) isn't any better. ANd dear God did they waste Charles Dance, it's like remember how underutilized Cranstan was in 2014? Well hold my beer.
    The family drama had a neat twist, the characters had arcs that made sense for them and they didn't overstay their welcome. Could they have done more? Sure. But I have never ever gone into a Godzilla movie looking for deep, compelling drama and tight scripts. The movie delivered where it counted the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The family drama had a neat twist, the characters had arcs that made sense for them and they didn't overstay their welcome. Could they have done more? Sure. But I have never ever gone into a Godzilla movie looking for deep, compelling drama and tight scripts. The movie delivered where it counted the most.
    Weren't people upset that Godzilla 2014 didn't have enough Godzilla and too much focus on the human drama?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Weren't people upset that Godzilla 2014 didn't have enough Godzilla and too much focus on the human drama?
    Yeah. I too felt that movie had way too little kaiju for a kaiju movie. This isn't horror. You need to show the creatures.

The humans have their bit. The characters act according to their motivations, have an impact on the story and have character arcs. That's enough. And they don't overstay their welcome. The movie knows where the meat of entertainment is for this genre.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I liked the new Godzilla. I found the humans (mostly the military and scientists) perfectly palatable.

The mom and dad, however...........

Yeah. And Milly Bobby Brown was wasted (as was Charles Dance).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I’m really proud of my roommate for realizing he needed to make some lifestyle changes. He’s been eating better and working out consistently. I need to work with him on his technique a bit though.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Today I learned that there is an official King Kong vs. Tarzan

The more I read into the Romance of the Three Kingdoms the more I end up rooting for Cao Cao.

Extraordinary Member

Huh. Shokugeki no Souma ends in three more chapter.

Probably for the best. The latest arc hasn't been very inspired and it might do the author some good to move on to something new.