Page 520 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 2042047051051651751851952052152252352453057062010201520 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 36885
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Saw the new City Hunter animated movie on Monday night (the European premiere, actually ^^). A quick review, since I know Sharp will be asking :D.

It was the French dub, except for a little surprise during the Stinger (so stay during the credits, especially since they start with "Get Wild"), if I find a way to find a subbed version, I will obviously go watch it. They did a pretty good job setting the characters we know and love in the present day: smartphones are present, the chalkboard is now a VR app (again, stay for the stinger for a little surprise), a robotics company plays an important part in the story (and is the creator of the little robot known as Umibozu Jr. :D).

The opening was perfect, Kaori driving the Mini, Ryo making a missile explode with a ludicrously precise shot, and making a Godzilla statue spit fire with that, while Angel Night plays in the background. Speaking of which, I wonder if the team behind this movie made a bet on how many songs from the original anime they could place in a 90 min movie (hint: the answer is a lot of them).

The plot is the usual for City Hunter, a pretty girl writes XYZ on the Shinjuku train station (VR) chalkboard, for the first part, Ryo alternates between kicking ass and his usual Mokkori antics (either with the client, or trying to get Saeko to pay her "debts"), the second part is more focused on Ryo going after the main bad guys, and trying to help the girl get past an issue of hers. In this one, we also meet a childhood friend of Kaori's, who tries to woo her, while Ryo is being... well, Ryo ^^.

The crossover part with Cat's Eyes, from the little I know about it, mostly makes sense (even though according to my little brother, who read that manga as well, it would be difficult to place it in Cat's Eyes timeline, even putting aside the fact they updated the setting).

The animation was good, even though a few taken shortcuts are blatant.

In conclusion, a pretty good 90-minute-long episode of City Hunter, a lot of laughs and applause in the theater that night :).
    Awesome.... :) Yeah, that's sounding pretty darned good. Thanks, man.

It stinks that it's so hard getting City Hunter stuff here in Canada. Seeing as you're getting it in theatres over there, maybe I'll get the opportunity to pick it up on DVD.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So watched Aladdin.

...It was pretty damn enjoyable.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

And I just watched the Pokémon direct!

*freaks out about it*
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Look whats getting a remaster

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and here we go again.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Strife is coming.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

One Punch Man: King just spoilers:
    killed a monster with but a stare. Truly a hero of heroes, a man of unprecedented greatness.
    end of spoilers

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    One Punch Man: King just spoilers:
    killed a monster with but a stare. Truly a hero of heroes, a man of unprecedented greatness.
    end of spoilers
    When the King Engine revs, you know someone is about to die!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A new Kengan chapter is out and I’m digging these fighters. It’s pretty cool that we have a Sambo dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When the King Engine revs, you know someone is about to die!
    Off-screen for every character that matters! But very convincingly!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.