Page 541 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 4144149153153753853954054154254354454555159164110411541 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 36799

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I can’t wait until that game drops. I can’t believe how long ago it was when the first trailer premiered.
    CD Projekt Red has gotten stronger and stronger over time. The Witcher was interesting but deeply flawed. The Witcher 2 was still a work in progress but breathtaking in its guts and ambition. The Witcher 3 is up there with the greatest RPGs of all time, and has a decent claim to being the greatest RPG of all time.

Lord knows what their next release is gonna do.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Sharp, there's a lot I could say about Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It's a delightful, funny and poignant game. It loves and respects its source material yet isn't afraid to explore it. It's a beautiful game full of wonderful adventures and breathtaking vistas. I've navigated the maze of the Minotaur, stomach-churning in the piles of the rotting dead. I've seen an entire forest, petrified not by a volcano but by a stare. I've discussed morality with philosophers and stuck a priceless jewel in a goat's ass.

But given the rate at which you play games nowadays, I suggest you save your powder for Cyberpunk 2077. That games seems destined to be the next gold standard in RPGs.
    Hmm, yeah. I might check out Odyssey based on your recommend.

But CP 2077 is what I'm waiting for, when it comes to RPG's. Seems almost like Bioware in its heyday, which was my favourite stuff. ^_^ Plus, I've played the darned source material, so I can't wait to see how it translates.

I can’t wait until that game drops. I can’t believe how long ago it was when the first trailer premiered.
    Back when it was billed as Cyberpunk 2050? ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

But CP 2077 is what I'm waiting for, when it comes to RPG's. Seems almost like Bioware in its heyday, which was my favourite stuff. ^_^ Plus, I've played the darned source material, so I can't wait to see how it translates.

If you do consider buying it, just understand that it is a bit grindy. Not at Inquisition levels. But it's there. But every city and fort is unique, keeping the challenges fresh.

Oh, and boars are OP.

If you do consider buying it, just understand that it is a bit grindy. Not at Inquisition levels. But it's there. But every city and fort is unique, keeping the challenges fresh.

Oh, and boars are OP.
    I will keep that in mind... ^_^ And I won't be killing any boars.

Do we NEED to kill animals?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I will keep that in mind... ^_^ And I won't be killing any boars.

Do we NEED to kill animals?
    Animals can be instinctively hostile to you and can be aggro-ed inadvertently.

Housemate was on a clifftop fighting a crew of pirates with poisonous weapons whom he had interrupted hiding their stolen goods. He was in trouble when a trio of irate wildcats came bounding into the fray. This sowed chaos at large as everyone was attacked by angry cats. Housemate managed to get a second wind by climbing off the clifftop and hiding out while they fought each other.

He climbed back up and was then immediately attack by a lion who decided to get in on the action.

It was fun encounter.

There are also legendary [sic: really big] animals to fight as part of a questline but it is optional.

If I'm attacked, fair enough. If it's optional to fight every other animal fight, I'm happy.

There are too many 'crafting' and 'survival' games out there that otherwise look good but absolutely demand that you hunt and kill animals. I'm looking at you, New Tomb Raider, which saddened me greatly.
    Why are we here?

CD Projekt Red has gotten stronger and stronger over time. The Witcher was interesting but deeply flawed. The Witcher 2 was still a work in progress but breathtaking in its guts and ambition. The Witcher 3 is up there with the greatest RPGs of all time, and has a decent claim to being the greatest RPG of all time.

Lord knows what their next release is gonna do.
    Definitely a great company.

Was it 2050 at some point?

If I'm attacked, fair enough. If it's optional to fight every other animal fight, I'm happy.

There are too many 'crafting' and 'survival' games out there that otherwise look good but absolutely demand that you hunt and kill animals. I'm looking at you, New Tomb Raider, which saddened me greatly.
    Leather is a resource for some upgrades. You can get some by breaking down gear, and at a certain point you'll realize you have all the leather you could possibly need.

It would be tough if you didn't kill any animals, but you don't need to go out of your war to hunt them. They'll attack you plenty, and oftentimes you'll find people fighting for their lives against animals. I certainly never ventured out into the wilderness to hunt animals because I needed the leather.

Nowadays I actively avoid animal fights if I can. They're another combat instance in a game with plenty of other instances, and I'm more interested in blowing past them to get to the story. Fortunately, your horse can outrun almost any aggressive animal.

You can also fight people and animals barehanded. It's awkward and weaker than using weapons, but it let's you avoid killing. In fact, you can recruit people onto your ship if you take the trouble to finish them off with your fists instead of an axe to the face. And there's a skill that let's you recruit animals as companions, but from what I hear it's best to avoid it as they turn on you if you load a game with them beside you. Not sure, never tried it myself.

Fighting people barehanded also avoids raising your Wanted meter. Hilariously, you can beat up all the city guards and optimistic civilians you want and nobody will put a bounty on you. Start knifing people though, and you'll start facing bounty hunters.

The legendary animal quest is entirely optional too. You don't need to kill any of them. But I recommend you at least check out the farting boar.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 06-25-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Was it 2050 at some point?
    I thought it was. It's possibly just my brain saying '2050' when it was never such.

But hey, I remember playing CP 2013 (which later became CP 2020). We're well-past 2013 now, and still no flying cars, chipped skills, and smartguns, dammit!
    Why are we here?

Leather is a resource for some upgrades. You can get some by breaking down gear, and at a certain point you'll realize you have all the leather you could possibly need.

It would be tough if you didn't kill any animals, but you don't need to go out of your war to hunt them. They'll attack you plenty, and oftentimes you'll find people fighting for their lives against animals. I certainly never ventured out into the wilderness to hunt animals because I needed the leather.

Nowadays I actively avoid animal fights if I can. They're another combat instance in a game with plenty of other instances, and I'm more interested in blowing past them to get to the story. Fortunately, your horse can outrun almost any aggressive animal.

You can also fight people and animals barehanded. It's awkward and weaker than using weapons, but it let's you avoid killing. In fact, you can recruit people onto your ship if you take the trouble to finish them off with your fists instead of an axe to the face. And there's a skill that let's you recruit animals as companions, but from what I hear it's best to avoid it as they turn on you if you load a game with them beside you. Not sure, never tried it myself.

Fighting people barehanded also avoids raising your Wanted meter. Hilariously, you can beat up all the city guards and optimistic civilians you want and nobody will put a bounty on you. Start knifing people though, and you'll start facing bounty hunters.

The legendary animal quest is entirely optional too. You don't need to kill any of them. But I recommend you at least check out the farting boar.
    ...I'm not sure I want to check out any farting boar.

But I do enjoy games that reward non-lethal choices. Heck, I recall Metal Gear Solid, where one actually got more points for getting through a mission with less people killed!
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

I am sad to report that the youtube streamer Etika has been found dead, and it's suspected to be suicide

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I thought it was. It's possibly just my brain saying '2050' when it was never such.

But hey, I remember playing CP 2013 (which later became CP 2020). We're well-past 2013 now, and still no flying cars, chipped skills, and smartguns, dammit!
    I’ve been waiting on a flying car since I was a kid. I want it!