Page 544 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 4444449453454054154254354454554654754855459464410441544 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 36875
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    A new trailer for the anime is out. While I’m not a fan that style of animation I’ll check it out.
    I'm just gonna go with an "ooooooffffffff" on the animation.

Kengan Asura looks so good on the page. CGI animation does not suit it. It's kind of a shame that they've gone this direction with it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Haven't seen the anime trailer, so cannot comment.

D&D was a lot of fun yesterday. I can’t wait for my buddy to start doing artwork from our sessions.
    Sounds good! D&D is good stuff. I have other games I enjoy more, but certainly that was my first exposure to TTRPG's. Will always have a soft spot in my heart.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm just gonna go with an "ooooooffffffff" on the animation.

Kengan Asura looks so good on the page. CGI animation does not suit it. It's kind of a shame that they've gone this direction with it.
    It’s so odd that they went with that style. Would you happen to know if that animation style is popular in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Haven't seen the anime trailer, so cannot comment.

Sounds good! D&D is good stuff. I have other games I enjoy more, but certainly that was my first exposure to TTRPG's. Will always have a soft spot in my heart.
    What else do you play?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It’s so odd that they went with that style. Would you happen to know if that animation style is popular in Japan?
    I know it's considerably cheaper to make. XD

What else do you play?
    Do you want the whole list of what I HAVE played, or just the list of what I currently play and would consider playing?

Because the former is really, really long - I wrote it out for Sharkerbob's website once, and it came to more than 30 systems.

The latter?

Play By Post, I'm running an Anima game (slow) and playing in Siriel's Anima game (slower); I keep hoping they'll pick up (I've been slow myself at updating my own, so I can't point a finger...must do that tonight or tomorrow). I've recently run an M&M Game, but that closed down a couple of years back. I'm also playing in a D&D (3.5) game, a D6 Star Wars game (playing a Failed Jedi, the only kind I can tolerate and, amazingly, the only person with Force Powers in the entire group, I think my brain exploded when I realized that)...I think that's it at the moment.

Tabletop, I'm currently running two Anima games, with a third one on hiatus until we finish a story in one of the first two, then I'll switch back to the third one. And rotate. There has been some talk about getting me to run a Mutants and Masterminds, low-power/high-realism game in Tokyo. Also to pick up my Mass Effect RPG (using modified Battlelords in the 23rd Century rules) where we left off, 175 years after the video game series, with the characters hunting for the Prothean invasion's galactic beach head (ie, how are they getting from a distant galaxy to here?) while worrying about the force that the Protheans are fighting IN that distant galaxy making its way to ours via same route.

But I'm not going to run more than two games at a time, so something needs to be put on hold and the players don't want to stop playing their Anima games. Yet.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-27-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I know it's considerably cheaper to make. XD
    Hey, Nik - do you remember the Spiky Coat story with Tasha and Corim? I was looking for my list of games on my word HD, and found 'Spiky Coat'. ^_^

That was from a website where you input a bunch of names, adjectives, and other stuff, and then it generates a story...weirdly enough, it was vaguely in character for Corim and Tasha. I can't remember who made it; wasn't me, but I saved it.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-27-2019 at 10:41 AM.
    Why are we here?

Kengan Omega just took an interesting turn. I’m guessing that Worm was involved in some way.
    Oh look, the one holdover character I wish had died in the intervening years.

Well...he IS the brilliant deceiver.

Gil seems a little slow on the uptake (would have expected more narrowed eyes and 'What are you up to now, Sturmvorous?'), but I'll let that go.

Another good part is that unless Phil is completely drawing and lettering this incorrectly, this is Agatha's plan. ^_^ But he picked up on it right quick.
    Oh yeah, you're right! Props to Agatha too then. While I can see Tarvek getting what Agatha means, I confess I have no idea how Tarvek got what she meant.

I'm willing to hand waive Gil going along with it happily on account of him trusting Tarvek to help Agatha. It's the one thing he trusts Tarvek to do. Waking up with no context, surrounded by equipment that looks like it should get the job done, I can see him cooperating. He's already starting to get suspicious by the time Tarvek puts the helmet on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Oh yeah, you're right! Props to Agatha too then. While I can see Tarvek getting what Agatha means, I confess I have no idea how Tarvek got what she meant.
    Brilliant deceiver. :) Also a guy who wants Gil safe, for all that they bicker. He's probably kicking himself that he didn't come up with it himself (and would have, given another twenty seconds, but Agatha actually has more motivation than him, so).

I'm willing to hand waive Gil going along with it happily on account of him trusting Tarvek to help Agatha. It's the one thing he trusts Tarvek to do. Waking up with no context, surrounded by equipment that looks like it should get the job done, I can see him cooperating. He's already starting to get suspicious by the time Tarvek puts the helmet on him.
    Truth. Invoking Agatha's name tends to put Gil into an automatic puppy dog mode. It's his kryptonite.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Saw a pretty good insight on One Piece on Twitter

Blackbeard is a villain because he believes One Piece is an actual treasure and not just the friends we made along the way

Do you want the whole list of what I HAVE played, or just the list of what I currently play and would consider playing?

Because the former is really, really long - I wrote it out for Sharkerbob's website once, and it came to more than 30 systems.

The latter?

Play By Post, I'm running an Anima game (slow) and playing in Siriel's Anima game (slower); I keep hoping they'll pick up (I've been slow myself at updating my own, so I can't point a finger...must do that tonight or tomorrow). I've recently run an M&M Game, but that closed down a couple of years back. I'm also playing in a D&D (3.5) game, a D6 Star Wars game (playing a Failed Jedi, the only kind I can tolerate and, amazingly, the only person with Force Powers in the entire group, I think my brain exploded when I realized that)...I think that's it at the moment.

Tabletop, I'm currently running two Anima games, with a third one on hiatus until we finish a story in one of the first two, then I'll switch back to the third one. And rotate. There has been some talk about getting me to run a Mutants and Masterminds, low-power/high-realism game in Tokyo. Also to pick up my Mass Effect RPG (using modified Battlelords in the 23rd Century rules) where we left off, 175 years after the video game series, with the characters hunting for the Prothean invasion's galactic beach head (ie, how are they getting from a distant galaxy to here?) while worrying about the force that the Protheans are fighting IN that distant galaxy making its way to ours via same route.

But I'm not going to run more than two games at a time, so something needs to be put on hold and the players don't want to stop playing their Anima games. Yet.
    You’re a busy man haha. A failed Jedi eh? That sounds rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Oh look, the one holdover character I wish had died in the intervening years.
    I’m rather surprised that Yamashita requested him for the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Blackbeard is a villain because he believes One Piece is an actual treasure and not just the friends we made along the way
    Hmm, not quite sure I agree eith that one. I think most hunting after it are aware it's an actual treasure lol. Honestly, Blackbeard may be closer than most at discerning what it's true nature is.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Hmm, not quite sure I agree eith that one. I think most hunting after it are aware it's an actual treasure lol. Honestly, Blackbeard may be closer than most at discerning what it's true nature is.
    at this point in the series, it's pretty much a given that the one piece isn't just a large horde of treasure. it's something important alright since the WG doesn't want people to know that it actually exists and whitebeard said that once it was found, the world would change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.