Page 547 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754354454554654754854955055155759764710471547 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 36898
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    honda and mako are my new favorite couple in manga right now. they are so loud and straightforward with how they feel.

25 chapters in, they have already declared their love for each other, become a item and are having wild nasty animal sex with each other. most couples at that point would be barely past the "i think i like him/her" stage.
    Ah, I saw a page from this series making the rounds on Twitter. The MUTUAL CONSENT page is glorious.

I also really liked the sequence where Honda is quizzed about sexual health by the school morals committee and he gets it all correct despite being notoriously stupid and his response was "This stuff could effect Mako's body, of course I took the time to learn all of it carefully,"

Good sex positive messaging coupled with the importance of consent and personal responsibility.

Seems like a wholesome series.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-28-2019 at 03:59 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Dude that’s cool stuff!

Star Wars seems like it would be fun.

I’m currently looking into M&M, Warmachine, and Ninjas and Superspies.
    N&S, for me, suffers from the simple fact that it uses Palladium rules, which after years of playing I have concluded are terrible.

Also, the martial arts are wildly imbalanced, but then...wildly imbalanced IS one of the problems with Palladium.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    My brother's dog got a heart disease and he had to put her down.

I'm shocked as hell...She sat on my lap last Christmas...
    Dude, I'm very sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Do I assume this is the old West End Games Star Wars RPG, rather than the newer FFG Star Wars RPG (both are good and D6-based)?
    Yes, the old one to be sure. Never played the new one.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yes, the old one to be sure. Never played the new one.
    I always liked that game, and in fact they released a special 30th(?) anniversary edition in the last year or two... which obviously I bought.

Always remember the first time I played it. I wanna say it was... late ‘91 / early ‘92? The party were sneaking onto a Star Destroyer in a stolen Imperial Shuttle (hey, nobody said we were original) and, when we landed, the hangar bay was full of Stormtroopers. Rather than get bottlenecked in one door, we decided to exit on both sides at the same time, weapons blazing (I’m not sure there ARE two ways out of a shuttle, but whatevs). We had a young Jedi in the party, and then my Laconic Scout was the only other person with any force ability at all (and that wasn’t much), so we said we’d each lead the exit from opposite sides. Jedi goes out the left side. I go out the right side. Smuggler goes out the left side. Bounty hunter goes out the left side. Engineer goes out the left side, etc., etc. Basically the bastards hung me out to dry. But it was pretty funny at the time.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Ah, I saw a page from this series making the rounds on Twitter. The MUTUAL CONSENT page is glorious.

I also really liked the sequence where Honda is quizzed about sexual health by the school morals committee and he gets it all correct despite being notoriously stupid and his response was "This stuff could effect Mako's body, of course I took the time to learn all of it carefully,"

Good sex positive messaging coupled with the importance of consent and personal responsibility.

and it has a interesting and welcome twist on the whole "i like you. let's go out" trope. mako confesses to him early and honda basically say "hell no! you got nice **** but we don't know each other enough to form that kind of relationship. so let's just be friends and see where it goes."

not to mention.........THE MOST HILARIOUS SEX SCENE EVER!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dude, I'm very sorry to hear.
    Yeah, it sucks and I'm hoping to comfort my brother and his family when I see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and it has a interesting and welcome twist on the whole "i like you. let's go out" trope. mako confesses to him early and honda basically say "hell no! you got nice **** but we don't know each other enough to form that kind of relationship. so let's just be friends and see where it goes."

not to mention.........THE MOST HILARIOUS SEX SCENE EVER!
    Well, I'm sold.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

....never imagined writing a prequel of my own works really helps adds new information to my current stuff.

Mainly how one guy completely destroying a well known sword school which helped created many schools would in the future be the reason why his daughters are utterly barred from ever joining a kendo team cause every swordsmen in town either are uncomfortable with his family or just hate him...A lot.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well, I'm sold.
    I read through the series on my lunch break today (there's not a lot of it). It's fun but not... like... exceptionally good or profound.

It's fun silly fluff with a better relationship dynamics than most of its competitors.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-28-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I read through the series on my lunch break today (there's not a lot of it). It's fun but not... like... exceptionally good or profound.

It's fun silly fluff with a better relationship dynamics than most of its competitors.
    indeed. it's stupid fun but deeper than you'd expect a manga of this type should be.

also, honda is like luffy turned up to 30. like he has almost no inter-thoughts. he will say whatever is on his mind with pride, even if it would make him look like a total weirdo.

Girl Genius: Oh come on!

Power Rangers Forever Comic

spoilers:

Rita basically just drained her mother's soul to power up the dragon coin.
    end of spoilers

I swear if I didn't know this witch I'd call her a monster.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

...What.

Seriously, I've seen and we discussed Batman's bs moments but...really? I can't believe I'm caught off guard by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...What.

Seriously, I've seen and we discussed Batman's bs moments but...really? I can't believe I'm caught off guard by that.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-28-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.