Page 548 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 4844849853854454554654754854955055155255859864810481548 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 36869

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...What.

Seriously, I've seen and we discussed Batman's bs moments but...really? I can't believe I'm caught off guard by that.
    It's a hollow pipe ripped away at its weakest points where it connects to the building. Batman flips to a position that gives him leverage. I don't see this as particularly beyond other high end feats he's demonstrated before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    It's a hollow pipe ripped away at its weakest points where it connects to the building. Batman flips to a position that gives him leverage. I don't see this as particularly beyond other high end feats he's demonstrated before.
    Except the pipe and his arms are tied behind him at the start, but by flipping somehow they’re in front of him, enabling him to rip the pipe apart.

It’s like the old Flash Gordon / King of the Rocket Men type Saturday morning serials where the cliffhanger would clearly see the hero plunge off a cliff tied up in a car but the following week we’d see that he mysteriously changed the parameters and escaped just before the car went over the edge.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Batman confirmed as double-jointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Batman confirmed as double-jointed.
    But not no-jointed!

I'm just laughing at how absurdly long his cowl ears are with that costume

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I'm just laughing at how absurdly long his cowl ears are with that costume
    “I’m the goddamn Rabbitman” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    “I’m the goddamn Rabbitman” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
    There's a Swedish comic about super heroes in Sweden. One of the main characters is Kaninmannen (which translates to Rabbitman).

He is a hardboilded detective with a mask similar to Batman's, only it's rabbit-based rather than bat-based. His parents were killed and replaced by their counterparts from another dimension when he was a little kid and he decided to meet out justice and punish the wicked ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Except the pipe and his arms are tied behind him at the start, but by flipping somehow they’re in front of him, enabling him to rip the pipe apart.

It’s like the old Flash Gordon / King of the Rocket Men type Saturday morning serials where the cliffhanger would clearly see the hero plunge off a cliff tied up in a car but the following week we’d see that he mysteriously changed the parameters and escaped just before the car went over the edge.
    But a successful backflip would put Batman's arms in front of him.

Now, shoulder joints aren't designed to bend that way, but frankly it really doesn't seem all that out there to me. Cass dodges bullets for fun. Maybe Batman trained his ligaments or can dislocate and relocate his shoulders or something.

But a successful backflip would put Batman's arms in front of him.

Now, shoulder joints aren't designed to bend that way, but frankly it really doesn't seem all that out there to me. Cass dodges bullets for fun. Maybe Batman trained his ligaments or can dislocate and relocate his shoulders or something.
    His shoulders woudl have to rotate 360 degrees to allow him to do that. Not to mention slipping his head between his body and the pipe without getting a concussion, there really isn't enough room, his arms aren't long enough and that pipe has a very large diameter in relation to his body.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I just found the printed out sign-up for the third ever RPG I made for the site.

Wow.

It even has the player characters listed. Chou Blaster, Dalak, The Dog, and Mr. Sandman all played in it (only ones I think still on or using the same Names).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Personally, I had pictured Neo with a French accent, but Nega-Mary Poppins works too.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Zehahahaha!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

The more I hear about Far From Home, the more it sounds like Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Just change Teen Tony's name to Peter.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    His shoulders woudl have to rotate 360 degrees to allow him to do that. Not to mention slipping his head between his body and the pipe without getting a concussion, there really isn't enough room, his arms aren't long enough and that pipe has a very large diameter in relation to his body.
    To each their own I guess. I've seen contortionists pull off seemingly impossible feats. Maybe what Batman does would be literally impossible, but it doesn't break my suspension of disbelief.

To each their own I guess. I've seen contortionists pull off seemingly impossible feats. Maybe what Batman does would be literally impossible, but it doesn't break my suspension of disbelief.
    I’d also note as a closer that the corners of that pipe are considerably wider than the straight parts, so unless Batman can also lengthen his arms... oh, wait... maybe that’s it. Maybe it was never Batman after all. It was Plastic Man in a Batman costume.