Page 550 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 5045050054054654754854955055155255355456060065010501550 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 36892

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Greylands, a fantasy RPG I ran.
    I've been wracking my brain trying to remember that game and what I played, but I have passed much water since then.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Sadly, old family dog had to be put down today. While very old, she was good in pretty good health up until this weekend when she suddenly suffered catastrophic liver and majority circulatory system failure. Faded away in just a day or two and we put her down.

She had a good run, something like 13 years or so but I'll miss seeing her when I visit the family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Sadly, old family dog had to be put down today. While very old, she was good in pretty good health up until this weekend when she suddenly suffered catastrophic liver and majority circulatory system failure. Faded away in just a day or two and we put her down.

She had a good run, something like 13 years or so but I'll miss seeing her when I visit the family.
    Always sucks when a Dog has to go. Sorry it had to happen

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So sorry. Condolences to the family. 13 years is still quite the life for a dog with a good family.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

best friend had to do that over the weekend too.

never easy. glad you had some good memories with her.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sorry, Nik. Not easy losing a pet.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I've been wracking my brain trying to remember that game and what I played, but I have passed much water since then.
    I’ll post your character when I get home.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey:I am so fucking salty right now. Odyssey allows for a variety of weapon styles, though thanks to RPG mechanics and resource scarcity you can't just be great at everything. So I chose the staff as my favored weapon. It's a lonely path, as there almost no legendary staffs in the game while almost every other weapon class is replete with them. But I enjoy how the staff handles, a nice balance of reach, flexibility and AOE. And truth be told, I've managed to find an Epic staff that probably surpasses what any pre-made Legendary staff could offer me.

But I've been working on this guy, Pythagoras. He's way past his time, his life extended by an ancient artifact staff. It's fancy, has snakes and eagles wrapped around its haft. It has incredible powers, having extended its owner's life far beyond the point his body should have given out. And after a lengthy series of quests, each an epic in its own right, I persuade Pythagoras to let go of his obsession and give me the staff. It's a pretty nice, altruistic moment for a man so obsessed with logic, so warped by the powers he wields. But now I've gotten the staff.Then it turns out the game treats the "Staff of Hermes Trismegistus", explicitly named as such, as a spear.

GO. SCREW. YOURSELF.

So sorry for your loss. Dogs have so much shorter lifespans than humans, even when they get old we still see them as our children in a sense.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Nik, sorry about your family’s dog, man. That sucks. I know how upset I was when our family pet had to be put to sleep a few years after I left home.

She’s running with the wolves now, dude, with the wind rushing past her ears. She’ll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So sorry for your loss. Dogs have so much shorter lifespans than humans, even when they get old we still see them as our children in a sense.

Yeah I'm also sorry for you loss Nik Hasta, and 13 is still quite the life for my dog . Hell when my Toy Poodle Chichi die she was almost 19 years old. Now the dog with the longest average lifespan is the New Guinea singing dog with average life expectancy of 15- 20 years. Officially The longest a dog has ever lived was 29 years and five months, but unofficially the oldest dog that ever lived was 30 years old.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...rds/oldest-dog
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I've been there, Nik. As you say, she had a good run.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I always liked that game, and in fact they released a special 30th(?) anniversary edition in the last year or two... which obviously I bought.

Always remember the first time I played it. I wanna say it was... late ‘91 / early ‘92? The party were sneaking onto a Star Destroyer in a stolen Imperial Shuttle (hey, nobody said we were original) and, when we landed, the hangar bay was full of Stormtroopers. Rather than get bottlenecked in one door, we decided to exit on both sides at the same time, weapons blazing (I’m not sure there ARE two ways out of a shuttle, but whatevs). We had a young Jedi in the party, and then my Laconic Scout was the only other person with any force ability at all (and that wasn’t much), so we said we’d each lead the exit from opposite sides. Jedi goes out the left side. I go out the right side. Smuggler goes out the left side. Bounty hunter goes out the left side. Engineer goes out the left side, etc., etc. Basically the bastards hung me out to dry. But it was pretty funny at the time.
    Hah! Laconic Scout! I'm loving hearing the names of all of the Templates. My favourite character was ALWAYS Failed Jedi (mostly because I really don't like Jedi), but I've played the Faithful Retainer, I think they were called, to a former Imperial Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Girl Genius: Oh come on!
    Yeah, I find that a little off-putting. Really, when someone comes up with a plan that good to fix something, it should either work or have some kind of horrific failure. Not be sidelined for a 'woah, something happened!' situation.

But a successful backflip would put Batman's arms in front of him.

Now, shoulder joints aren't designed to bend that way, but frankly it really doesn't seem all that out there to me. Cass dodges bullets for fun. Maybe Batman trained his ligaments or can dislocate and relocate his shoulders or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    His shoulders woudl have to rotate 360 degrees to allow him to do that. Not to mention slipping his head between his body and the pipe without getting a concussion, there really isn't enough room, his arms aren't long enough and that pipe has a very large diameter in relation to his body.
    It would be rather agonizing. Like Falcon, I put it up to comics, but it is a little silly.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey:I am so fucking salty right now. Odyssey allows for a variety of weapon styles, though thanks to RPG mechanics and resource scarcity you can't just be great at everything. So I chose the staff as my favored weapon. It's a lonely path, as there almost no legendary staffs in the game while almost every other weapon class is replete with them. But I enjoy how the staff handles, a nice balance of reach, flexibility and AOE. And truth be told, I've managed to find an Epic staff that probably surpasses what any pre-made Legendary staff could offer me.

But I've been working on this guy, Pythagoras. He's way past his time, his life extended by an ancient artifact staff. It's fancy, has snakes and eagles wrapped around its haft. It has incredible powers, having extended its owner's life far beyond the point his body should have given out. And after a lengthy series of quests, each an epic in its own right, I persuade Pythagoras to let go of his obsession and give me the staff. It's a pretty nice, altruistic moment for a man so obsessed with logic, so warped by the powers he wields. But now I've gotten the staff.Then it turns out the game treats the "Staff of Hermes Trismegistus", explicitly named as such, as a spear.

GO. SCREW. YOURSELF.
    That's unbelievable crap, and yet perfectly believable because it's Ubisoft.

Stupid. Also, why make a game where you can use a staff and not put in any special staves, if every other weapon gets something?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm so sorry, Nik. There is nothing else that can be said here save that it was the right thing to do. Which is cold comfort. :(
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate