Page 552 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 5245250254254854955055155255355455555656260265210521552 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 36892
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    And how! I'm in the office and can't laugh, but I really really want to. Well done, Tarvek!

Can you imagine what a nightmare Othsr would be as chief diplomat of the Wulfenbach Empire? Hahaha.
    Othar is definitely an idiot at times. Most times.

...once in a while, in the proper situation, he shows genius. As it should be. ^_^ He's insane, not dumb.

And yeah, it's classic Tarvek. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Othar is definitely an idiot at times. Most times.

...once in a while, in the proper situation, he shows genius. As it should be. ^_^ He's insane, not dumb.

And yeah, it's classic Tarvek. ^_^

Girl Genius: Yup. Othar is dumb to the extent his persona and insanity channels his thoughts in dumb (and homicidal) directions. He escaped in moments after being completely clamped down, with the aid of one carelessly placed knife. He waltzed into Mechanicsburg at its most chaotic and brought 'Agatha' back to Castle Wulfenbach. He's very capable in his own way.

The Seven Deadly Sins: I don't care about the Demon King at this point, but Escanor carries this chapter magnificently.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 07-03-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Next one will be very interesting

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Went through the Pirates of the Caribbean ride...Just realized I watched a town being sacked by pirates singing how awesome it is to be a pirate.

...****.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Went through the Pirates of the Caribbean ride...Just realized I watched a town being sacked by pirates singing how awesome it is to be a pirate.

...****.
    Yeah, I'm often baffled by how much love pirates get.

Nik's awesome, but he doesn't do the kind of crap actual pirates did.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...****.
    Well to be fair the implication is that they all died in the fire, for some kind of vauge, greed is self destructive messege.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Well to be fair the implication is that they all died in the fire, for some kind of vauge, greed is self destructive messege.
    Point taken...but man was it brutal still.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, I must admit that I have engaged in stealing things on the high seas every now and again. Mostly as acts of wealth redistribution, petty vengeance against authority figures and, most importantly, doing it to look cool.

I have also been known to drink rum, sing sea shanties and bury things of value.

But, in all seriousness, yes the romanticism of pirates is sometimes a bit of a headscratcher what with the whole wanton rape and pillage thing being a core part of the concept.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, I must admit that I have engaged in stealing things on the high seas every now and again. Mostly as acts of wealth redistribution, petty vengeance against authority figures and, most importantly, doing it to look cool.

I have also been known to drink rum, sing sea shanties and bury things of value.

But, in all seriousness, yes the romanticism of pirates is sometimes a bit of a headscratcher what with the whole wanton rape and pillage thing being a core part of the concept.
    It's not about what you do, playboy, it's about how you do it.

Mad style and PR go along way.

Admittedly, some need more PR than others, but still.

spoilers:

Basically MCU Mysterio.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Hey, people get all misty-eyed about Vikings, Samurai, Ninjas, the Knights of the Crusades and all sorts of other groups that did generally unsavoury stuff on a regular or semi-regular basis, as well as painting the Victorian-era British Empire as some sort of genteel matriarchy rather than an oppressive regime that invented concentration camps and intentionally got Chinese people addicted to opium to blackmail them into allowing access to their tea, not to mention people romanticising figures like Billy the Kid, Bonnie & Clyde, Dick Turpin, etc., etc.

People are weird is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Hey, people get all misty-eyed about Vikings, Samurai, Ninjas, the Knights of the Crusades and all sorts of other groups that did generally unsavoury stuff on a regular or semi-regular basis, as well as painting the Victorian-era British Empire as some sort of genteel matriarchy rather than an oppressive regime that invented concentration camps and intentionally got Chinese people addicted to opium to blackmail them into allowing access to their tea, not to mention people romanticising figures like Billy the Kid, Bonnie & Clyde, Dick Turpin, etc., etc.

People are weird is all.
    True. I'm just at Disneyland at the moment and that got me thinking "whoa...I really changed as a kid on how I viewed this ride."

https://old.reddit.com/r/RWBY/commen...mentary_notes/

Some RWBY Volume 6 Commentary, goes into some details about the behind the scenes stuff and gives some more detail about some of the characters.

For one thing, the spider lady Cinder met, Little Miss, is the mother of the twins from Yang's trailer.

More importantly, Salem's going to be finally getting off her butt next season.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    https://old.reddit.com/r/RWBY/commen...mentary_notes/

Some RWBY Volume 6 Commentary, goes into some details about the behind the scenes stuff and gives some more detail about some of the characters.

For one thing, the spider lady Cinder met, Little Miss, is the mother of the twins from Yang's trailer.

More importantly, Salem's going to be finally getting off her butt next season.
    HonestlyI think it was a mistake for them to hold off on Maria's debut until V6. Both the Silver Eyes plotline and Ruby's character arc in general were getting left on the backburner way to much and they Maria proved to be a big catalyst for finaly getting the ball rolling on those pltlines.