Page 56 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Question: In DnD terms, what would be the least fitting races for each Class? Either for stat or lore reasons is acceptable
    Thinking purely in conceptual / lore terms (because that actually matters, whereas sub-optimal stats really don’t)...

Barbarian - High Elf / Gnome / Kobold
    Bard - Kenku
    Cleric - Kenku / Tiefling (though there’s currently a very famous Tiefling Cleric in Critical Role)
    Druid - Warforged
    Fighter - Gnome
    Monk - Centaur (though it would be pretty awesome) or Gnome
    Paladin - Feral Tiefling
    Ranger - Warforged
    Rogue - Centaur or... I dunno Loxodon
    Sorceror - Warforged / Kenku
    Warlock - Kenku
    Wizard - Orc / Kenku

(Basically Kenku is a non-ideal choice for any casters because they can’t say anything except repeating things they’ve heard before, so learning verbal elements of spells is somewhat challenging. Not insurmountable, but you need to think very carefully. Especially tricky for bards.)

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Just got to take Silent Spell as your first feat.

Or look for spells with our Verbal Components. I wonder how many of those there are...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i have found myself the target of the "wrath" of norman boutin.

don't i feel special? lol

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i have found myself the target of the "wrath" of norman boutin.

don't i feel special? lol
    Who?

/tenchar
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Who?

/tenchar
    norman boudin, author of the "classic" novel, "Empress Theresa". the book itself is bad. like i can say bar none that it is the worst book i've ever tried to read. worse than "twilight", "50 Shades" and "Ready player one".

but what's worse is the author's antics. dude cannot handle any ounce of criticism about the book. if you don't like it, you are either a troll or an atheist, due to the heavy Christian overtones of the book.

amoung the more insane **** he has done include but limited to:

believing his book should be required reading in school and colleges across the country.

saying the protagonist of said book, Theresa, is a better role model for women than Katniss from the "hunger games" series.

saying his book is better than "to kill a Mockingbird", despite the fact that the two books are in completely different genres, with completely different protagonists, and competely different overall messages.

saying his book isn't sci-fi, despite the fact theresa gets godlike powers from a alien supercomputer she names HAL.

going on to other, more successful authors' works, particularly stephen king, and leaving terrible reviews while shilling his own work, which is a no-no on amazon.

and pissing off a entire jewish forum when he asked them if it was cool if he moved all the jews in the world to a island in the middle of the pacific and not understanding how much the jewish love their homeland.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Oh God, him. I remember reading all about that clown the last time you mentioned him. How'd you get on his radar?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Oh God, him. I remember reading all about that clown the last time you mentioned him. How'd you get on his radar?
    left a comment on another reviewer's review, asking if there was a audiobook of the book. i linked him to fredrick knudson's live reading of the free chapters. (poor guy nearly went insane doing it). norman, of course, zero'd in on me. i mentioned i had published a book but i didn't give out the name because i know norman would trash it. didn't help that i used a fake name for the comment: cheeseburger.

basically he said he was mental superior to me because he assumed from me name that i worked in fastfood.

norman boudin, author of the "classic" novel, "Empress Theresa". the book itself is bad. like i can say bar none that it is the worst book i've ever tried to read. worse than "twilight", "50 Shades" and "Ready player one".

but what's worse is the author's antics. dude cannot handle any ounce of criticism about the book. if you don't like it, you are either a troll or an atheist, due to the heavy Christian overtones of the book.

believing his book should be required reading in school and colleges across the country.

saying the protagonist of said book, Theresa, is a better role model for women than Katniss from the "hunger games" series.

saying his book is better than "to kill a Mockingbird", despite the fact that the two books are in completely different genres, with completely different protagonists, and competely different overall messages.

saying his book isn't sci-fi, despite the fact theresa gets godlike powers from a alien supercomputer she names HAL.

going on to other, more successful authors' works, particularly stephen king, and leaving terrible reviews while shilling his own work, which is a no-no on amazon.

and pissing off a entire jewish forum when he asked them if it was cool if he moved all the jews in the world to a island in the middle of the pacific and not understanding how much the jewish love their homeland.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    yep. that's norman.

he sent a copy of his book to a college up north. the English teacher who received it basically read him the riot act on how terrible it was. norman dismissed it and ran down harper lee.

it also doesn't help his case that theresa is the new defination of "mary sue".

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I approve of buff super ladies.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

sounds like a pleasant fellow whom i should avoid due to my anger management issues