Page 564 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 6446451455456056156256356456556656756857461466410641564 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 36804

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah...Has any other fictional work ever did something similar?
    Black Star from Soul Eater has moved so fast with his Speed Star technique that he's created tangible speed clones of himself that act with limited autonomy.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Star from Soul Eater has moved so fast with his Speed Star technique that he's created tangible speed clones of himself that act with limited autonomy.
    Ah.

...Wow, my memory is literal crap if I forgot about that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Essentially 'all' it would take (haha) would be someone moving so quickly back and forth between two places that the human eye would see two of them. Of course, that person would also have to keep putting themselves in the exact same position when they reached their last place with a small adjustment for motion.

That's 'all'.

I'm pretty sure that somewhere in fiction one could find feats for a character playing a game with themselves so quickly there is two of them, but I can't recall one of those myself. Edit: and there's one, above.

The Flash has a feat that makes this one look slow - he moves so quickly that he finds himself looking at himself through a portal that's connecting two places to each other. Now, the two places are literally thousands of miles apart, and the Flash took the 'long' route.

So either he's literally in two places at once...or he's so fast that in the time it takes light to cross ~3' (the distance between his different 'selves' through the direct route - the portal) he runs thousands of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Hmm I'm not sure if we ever get more than a vauge faster than the human eye thing with them. I know other Cures (who they are portrayed as physicle pears of) do have some impressive speed feats but I'm not sure if a feat I'm thinking of would realy count as combat speed (as opose to travel speed).
    So, some vaguely 'faster than the normal human eye' thing, which isn't actually into superspeed territory. Still impressive. Puts them a fair chunk faster than 'slow' bricks, like Ben Grimm.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Really, that's getting into magic, not 'speed'. There is no 'speed' that's going to create an image that acts with autonomy. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, that's getting into ridiculously high-end speed level feats.
    that was one of the most ridiculous speed feats i ever presented. and i can't find it anymore. and kikumaru explained as him just moving from side to side really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that was one of the most ridiculous speed feats i ever presented. and i can't find it anymore. and kikumaru explained as him just moving from side to side really fast.
    It's really fast, but could be done without being lightspeed or any serious percentage of it. Hypersonic would do, easily.

The issue would be keeping the poses consistent as the person went from side to side 1000x every second.

....would also be freakishly boring for the person doing it. I mean, subjectively speaking hours would pass with him running back and forth, waiting for this ridiculously sloooooow tennis ball to travel.
    Why are we here?

here's rajak from "noblesse" creating speed clones of himself.

It's really fast, but could be done without being lightspeed or any serious percentage of it. Hypersonic would do, easily.

The issue would be keeping the poses consistent as the person went from side to side 1000x every second.

....would also be freakishly boring for the person doing it. I mean, subjectively speaking hours would pass with him running back and forth, waiting for this ridiculously sloooooow tennis ball to travel.
    it wasn't just him moving from side to side really fast. both clones could, somehow, move independent of each other, with one clone doing one thing and the other clone doing another thing. and this was happening simultaneously. hell, at one point, kikumaru was giving himself noogies and a hug.

it wasn't just him moving from side to side really fast. both clones could, somehow, move independent of each other, with one clone doing one thing and the other clone doing another thing. and this was happening simultaneously. hell, at one point, kikumaru was giving himself noogies and a hug.
    That could be explained by him going one place, posing fractionally, back, posing fractionally, back to the first place, changing the post fractionally, back to the second place...etc. All 1000 times in a second. It's BS of the highest order, of course, but that's the only way it could be done with actual speed.

Otherwise, if the 'clones' are actually operating differently to what the real person is doing, it's not speed, it's magic. Ie, the writer might say 'It's speed', but it's something that simply cannot in any way be quantified because speed cannot make things. ^_^
    Why are we here?

That could be explained by him going one place, posing fractionally, back, posing fractionally, back to the first place, changing the post fractionally, back to the second place...etc. All 1000 times in a second. It's BS of the highest order, of course, but that's the only way it could be done with actual speed.

Otherwise, if the 'clones' are actually operating differently to what the real person is doing, it's not speed, it's magic. Ie, the writer might say 'It's speed', but it's something that simply cannot in any way be quantified because speed cannot make things. ^_^
    hence i said it was that bonkers. it's also part of the reason i dropped PoT in the first place.

Manga often uses speed the same way Star Trek uses technology. Magic.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....I'm still baffled it's to play freaking tennis of all things.

Extraordinary Member

Koro-Sensei from Assassination Classroom could do the speed clones thing. He used them to give all of the students in his class one on one tutoring before a midterm, and even put on different headbands for each subject.

He also set one aside to rest on a long chair XD

There's always the classic one from Getbackers where Ban jumps over and punches someone a couple of stories up and about 100? feet away, then returns to his starting position. He does it so fast that the guy getting punched just experiences the feeling of being punched, and to his eyes Ban is just standing there. Ban repeats this move several times.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.