Page 568 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 6846851855856456556656756856957057157257861866810681568 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 36773
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Well, at least there is a chance for a cool off. Once told a guy that I seriously think having his character who wants to be a hero of justice cutting off the dominant hands of corrupt cops in public was not exactly the best message...And he ignores my concern and brush it off with a joke.

...Way worse than getting a hostile response.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Then you should just stick to letting her have her space until she's ready to speak to you again. Has she ever come to you for advice about her writing before and responded similarly or is this the first time?
    first time. in fact, it's the first time she's ever had this kind of reaction towards me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI6Tj_PDJko&t=10s

In Anima terms, what difficulty would you place Zhuge Liang's playing of the guhzheng instrument when executing the empty fort tactic?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I can’t say Spider-Man: Far from Home blew me away. It was.....ehh. It was very average to me, I was kind of disappointed to be honest. It’s not bad but it’s not good as far as MCU films go.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a friend showed me her WIP for a "detroit" fanfic she was working on. i gave her my honest thoughts (it was a good start and she needed to find her voice. and to read more of that genre to get more ideas on how to improve) and she pitched a fit at me. saying i was "condensing" and that she felt insulted. and she just said she needed some space from me.

i asked a few other people their thoughts so i'll ask you all: should i be pissed?
    Over the years I’ve found that a lot of people will say that they want criticism but in reality actually want their ego stroked instead. I had a buddy snap at me when I was giving him weightlifting advice.

first time. in fact, it's the first time she's ever had this kind of reaction towards me.
    Then it's possible that she may have actually been frustrated over something else on her end and your argument just happened to be the trigger that set her off. That tends to happen sometimes.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Then it's possible that she may have actually been frustrated over something else on her end and your argument just happened to be the trigger that set her off. That tends to happen sometimes.
    it wasn't even really a argument. i just gave my thoughts, then she snapped at me.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

it wasn't even really a argument. i just gave my thoughts, then she snapped at me.
    I don't think Len means argument in the sense that you were fighting. He is referring to the argument you presented, in this case your thoughts on the writing.

Again, as I and many others have said, her reaction may not have been fully justified but she is the one taking the step of showing something that she has created that clearly feels strongly about to you. Despite you best intentions, you may have come across as dismissive or condescending in your assessment of the work. I struggle with this a lot myself and tread very carefully when I work with a writer because of it.

It is very easy to cause offense in these circumstances, even unintentionally.

As many of us have said, give her space and, when she's calmer, talk things through carefully and if necessary apologise. You don't lose anything by the bigger man in this.

...The UT is dead again?

Well then...Time to boot up 2k19 and get Thanos to whoop Brock's ass once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ...The UT is dead again?

Well then...Time to boot up 2k19 and get Thanos to whoop Brock's ass once more.
    i was ready to say the show wasn't so bad. then the phantom champion appeared

There was also the Owens/Ziggler schermozzle.

i was ready to say the show wasn't so bad. then the phantom champion appeared
    Yeah, I heard the show wasn't exactly bad. I...Can't believe this belt just can't get any momentum given its track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah, I heard the show wasn't exactly bad. I...Can't believe this belt just can't get any momentum given its track record.
    best match on the main card: cesaro/black. brilliant match.

best match on the pre-show: neese/wonderbread.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    There was also the Owens/Ziggler schermozzle.
    it's ziggler. i would've been surprised if it didn't end in a squash.

i'm gonna go watch the G1 to wash the taste out of my mouth.