Page 577 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 7747752756757357457557657757857958058158762767710771577 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 36572
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mads Mikkelsen would have been a MUCH better Witcher. Their Yennefer is also a ... poor choice.
    Cavil has stated that playing Geralt is a dream project for him so I imagine he's going to bring his best to the role.

What's wrong with Yennefer? I'm not sure this trailer shows enough for her to form an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Cavil has stated that playing Geralt is a dream project for him so I imagine he's going to bring his best to the role.
    It looked decent until he opened his mouth. Then I realized what he was going for and oh boy. Also ... Whether or not it's his dream project is otherwise irrelevant to whether or not he's fit for the role, I'd say.

What's wrong with Yennefer? I'm not sure this trailer shows enough for her to form an opinion.
    Looked like some not-so-subtle CGI on her eyes, and from what little we saw her didn't inspire confidence as far as her characterization in the show. But true enough there's not much to go on, could just be overreacting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

You'd think with her being the new 'face' though, she'd have a movie out within the next two years. I feel like they're hedging their bets on Natalie Thorman.
    Despite what they claimed it realy looks liey are setting Spidey up to be the new flagship character for the MCU. They pretty much beat the audiance over the head with the idea of him being the successor to the previous flagship character.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i had never heard of elsa bloodstone before today. but after running into in the dark dimension, i am utterly in love with her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i had never heard of elsa bloodstone before today. but after running into in the dark dimension, i am utterly in love with her.
    Check out Nextwave, that's her most prominent appearance in the comics.

They couldn't get a polish guy to play Geralt could they?....damn

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Check out Nextwave, that's her most prominent appearance in the comics.
    Agreed. Plus, if you’ve never read Nextwave, you have missed out big-time.

(Technically I think it’s called Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., but everyone ignores the second part).

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It looked decent until he opened his mouth. Then I realized what he was going for and oh boy. Also ... Whether or not it's his dream project is otherwise irrelevant to whether or not he's fit for the role, I'd say.
    Okay, so you're judging his performance on literally two lines of dialogue out of context in a montage?

Seems legit. Totally fair.

And passion for a project does help performances be better. Try being involved in a show or performance project where the actors don't care, the difference is massive.

Looked like some not-so-subtle CGI on her eyes, and from what little we saw her didn't inspire confidence as far as her characterization in the show.
    So... you're lambasting a choice in casting... for the CGI that VFX put on the character? A completely unrelated facet of the film that the performer has no control over.

And again "what we saw of her," is less than a minute of footage total, out of context, in a montage so... yeah seems like an odd thing to make a judgement on to me?

But true enough there's not much to go on, could just be overreacting.
    Perhaps you are.

I’ve finally sat down and watched Coco. What a great film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I’ve finally sat down and watched Coco. What a great film.
    It took you list long? You must be Un Poco Loco!

It took you list long? You must be Un Poco Loco!

I’m not sure why it took me so damn long. I would’ve liked to see it in theaters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I’m not sure why it took me so damn long. I would’ve liked to see it in theaters.
    I was just looking for an excuse to post the song, no shame on ya. I didn't see it till after it left Theaters either

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, so you're judging his performance on literally two lines of dialogue out of context in a montage?

Seems legit. Totally fair.
    Given Geralt himself isn't overly full of words, and Cavill's usual performances are not Geralt's personality type. It's honestly not hard. It was the delivery of the lines that triggered the "oh boy" the context of the scene is irrelevant.

And passion for a project does help performances be better. Try being involved in a show or performance project where the actors don't care, the difference is massive.
    Fair enough here.

So... you're lambasting a choice in casting... for the CGI that VFX put on the character? A completely unrelated facet of the film that the performer has no control over.

And again "what we saw of her," is less than a minute of footage total, out of context, in a montage so... yeah seems like an odd thing to make a judgement on to me?
    Lambasting ?

Bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you think ? Especially since my comments were largely focused on aspects you note aren't specifically her. I also didn't say "she was a poor choice". I said their, and then commented on aspects of their characterization of Yennefer and not the actresses own delivery.

Perhaps you are.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I was just looking for an excuse to post the song, no shame on ya. I didn't see it till after it left Theaters either
    I don’t think Pixar ever lets me down.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so far, my team for UA3: thor, strange, GR and elsa.