Page 581 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 8148153157157757857958058158258358458559163168110811581 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 36896

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

a movie about one of the greatest women in American history, Harriet Tubman.
    Looks amazing! The Underground Railroad deserves a big budget history-based movie.

I only hope it succeeds and we can finally get one about Robert Smalls.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he's not in it much and frankly, he's far too well mannered compared to the real deal.
    Absolutely true...it's just utterly pointless having him there, and annoying.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Girl Genius - It's so fun watching Gil and Tarvek getting along in the face of someone they detest. Yes, they still manage to condescend and insult one another, but it's almost playful, and more at the expense of the person they hate than anything else.

Classic case of Grudgingly Respect Rivals Showing United Front Against Reviled Enemy™.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Dr. Strange #16 has some interesting feats for both Gladiator and Black Bolt. Bolt manages to actually stagger Galactus with his scream -- Galactus enhanced by magic and having devoured Satannish -- and Gladiator does stuff like 'outrun Galactus' blasts', 'hit Galactus hard enough to snap his head to the side', 'not die instantly against him', etc.

Pretty impressive stuff.

AAAAND this is turning out to be one hell of a huge event, even if it doesn't have any Marvel Crossovers. Kind of like old school Strange, where universes hung in the balance, etc.
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Girl Genius - It's so fun watching Gil and Tarvek getting along in the face of someone they detest. Yes, they still manage to condescend and insult one another, but it's almost playful, and more at the expense of the person they hate than anything else.

Classic case of Grudgingly Respect Rivals Showing United Front Against Reviled Enemy™.
    The only problem I had with it was it broke the 180 rule on the 4th to last panel, and then immediately flipped BACK when we see them again in the last panel, so I had the lines being said by the opposite party in that one. Which gave the lines of that panel a much different context.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Dr. Strange #16 has some interesting feats for both Gladiator and Black Bolt. Bolt manages to actually stagger Galactus with his scream -- Galactus enhanced by magic and having devoured Satannish -- and Gladiator does stuff like 'outrun Galactus' blasts', 'hit Galactus hard enough to snap his head to the side', 'not die instantly against him', etc.

Pretty impressive stuff.

AAAAND this is turning out to be one hell of a huge event, even if it doesn't have any Marvel Crossovers. Kind of like old school Strange, where universes hung in the balance, etc.
    You have returned to comics!

Who writes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    You have returned to comics!
    Somewhat. I read it for free, and I do so because Stephen actually resembles Stephen Strange, not just in costume and powers, but in personality.

It's not fabulous -- really, there's stuff in it that makes me think that the writer hasn't actually done his research -- but it's acceptable.

Who writes this.
    Waid, actually.
    Why are we here?

Somewhat. I read it for free, and I do so because Stephen actually resembles Stephen Strange, not just in costume and powers, but in personality.

It's not fabulous -- really, there's stuff in it that makes me think that the writer hasn't actually done his research -- but it's acceptable.

Waid, actually.
    Hmmm Waid is pretty damn good when he wants to be.

Abyss Rage teases me so much. A badass fight just started and the next chapter is two weeks from now.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Rutger Hauer

No! Hauer died?

Ugh... RIP indeed.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Attachment 85038

Dope sketch of Ochako from Horikoshi's twitter.

She's looking fierce and heroic.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 07-24-2019 at 01:21 PM.

BANNED

Looks lie J.J Abrams is gonna direct the next Superman film. I think he will atleast get visuals right and his style meshes well with Supes in that regard, but he does have aspotty track record when it comes to story

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!