Page 583 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 8348353357357958058158258358458558658759363368310831583 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 36796
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    British weather is so passive agressive.

“Oh, so you’re complaining that you haven’t had a summer this year, are you? Well, here you go then. 37 degrees. Happy now?”

(A couple of days last week it was about 20 degrees Celsius lower than this!)
    What's your Humidex?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    What's your Humidex?
    They don’t usually report humidity here. But it’s humid. Not quite Brazil, Indonesia, Singapore or India humid, but it’s pretty bloody far from Namibia dry as well.

It’s just... yuck.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

“Oh, so you’re complaining that you haven’t had a summer this year, are you? Well, here you go then. 37 degrees. Happy now?”

I very grateful my job has air conditioning.

They don’t usually report humidity here. But it’s humid. Not quite Brazil, Indonesia, Singapore or India humid, but it’s pretty bloody far from Namibia dry as well.

It’s just... yuck.
    Welcome to Ottawa.... :P

Sorry to hear, I know how awful wet heat can be.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Welcome to Ottawa.... :P

Sorry to hear, I know how awful wet heat can be.
    As Nik hinted at, a huge chunk of workplaces in the UK don’t have aircon. And hardly any homes have it.

Sleep at night is an impossible aspiration in this sort of weather.

As Nik hinted at, a huge chunk of workplaces in the UK don’t have aircon. And hardly any homes have it.

Ottawa, it's necessary. Cripplingly so. I'm stunned you guys don't have a lot of A/C. And sorry to hear...
    Why are we here?

Ottawa, it's necessary. Cripplingly so. I'm stunned you guys don't have a lot of A/C. And sorry to hear...
    Most years (I’ll ignore last year’s ridiculous summer that was like a 4-month heatwave) we only have about a month of the very hottest weather, and even that rarely goes over 30 degrees. It’s like us investing in winter tyres - we get maybe 3 days (probably only 2 consecutive ones) with any snow per year. It’s a lot of faff for not much benefit.

Basic rules. Preferably 2e, basic rules are here. There is an "Ultimate Power" book as well, and a Book of Magic, both of which I highly recommend (the Book of Magic contains clear knock-offs of many Marvel and DC characters, and basically approaches magic from a superhero perspective with advice for playing a more gritty style if that is desired).

You do D&D; the system is similar enough that you should be able to manage, and it's pretty simple (Character Generation can become RIDICULOUSLY complicated, but it can also be easy as pie, depending on what you want to make up). Hitting people is a contest between attack roll and defense roll, damage is NOT rolled but 'saved' against by the defender's toughness (there are ways to go the opposite route, 'rolling damage' against the defender's toughness), there are feats, Reflex/Fortitude/Willpower saves against various esoteric attacks, etc.
    Thank you for this. I’m going to pick up the books soon.

Ottawa is the nation's capital with the highest variance of temperatures in the world, as I recall. Our summers, while not on the level of tropical countries, can be blisteringly hot. Our winters...well, ugh. Toss in the humidity, and I start wondering why I stay here.

Family and job, I suspect. Also, my living space.

Understandable why you guys don't often go for A/C.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-25-2019 at 08:39 AM.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

currently operating on like... four hours of broken sweaty sleep...

O___o

It just noticed that the main villain from Abyss Rage has cauliflower ears. This could cause problems for Kimijima who is primarily a boxer. I’m hoping that this fight lives up to the hype.

Extraordinary Member

Most years (I’ll ignore last year’s ridiculous summer that was like a 4-month heatwave) we only have about a month of the very hottest weather, and even that rarely goes over 30 degrees. It’s like us investing in winter tyres - we get maybe 3 days (probably only 2 consecutive ones) with any snow per year. It’s a lot of faff for not much benefit.
    So you're just living in Alaska, with less bears. Nice.

EDIT: To be clear, Alaska's southern coast.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So you're just living in Alaska, with less bears. Nice.

EDIT: To be clear, Alaska's southern coast.
    I miss Alaska sometimes. I might go visit next year.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!