Page 588 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 8848853857858458558658758858959059159259863868810881588 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 37025
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There's some cunning at work here (one might say 'dull cunning', but let's just say 'cunning'). Uses phrases like 'it might be possible'. 'By mutual agreement'. He's basically setting the table for failure, and the ability to shuffle the blame elsewhere.

If he doesn't get what he wants, he can always just blame the EU with 'well, they didn't agree!' when he's not even coming to the table unless they just drop the whole Irish Backstop thing.

Then he clearly tries to ignore the question he doesn't want to answer (or even understand), then tries to deflect with personal insults, then...

...I just noticed he does the same thing with his tie that Trump does to cover his physical issues....

...then starts rambling some pie-in-the-sky thing about 'goodwill' and 'trust'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    They're making a Blair Witch game? So is it going to be a game where you and a group of NPCs walk through the woods bitching at each other and nothing else really happening until the very end?
    Looks like it'll be taking more inspiration from PT or the Amnesia games with the horror and the first person ness of it all.
    Also it'll have a doggo.
    I want that dog to survive to the end. The guy can do whatever.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There's some cunning at work here (one might say 'dull cunning', but let's just say 'cunning'). Uses phrases like 'it might be possible'. 'By mutual agreement'. He's basically setting the table for failure, and the ability to shuffle the blame elsewhere.

If he doesn't get what he wants, he can always just blame the EU with 'well, they didn't agree!' when he's not even coming to the table unless they just drop the whole Irish Backstop thing.

Then he clearly tries to ignore the question he doesn't want to answer (or even understand), then tries to deflect with personal insults, then...

...I just noticed he does the same thing with his tie that Trump does to cover his physical issues....

...then starts rambling some pie-in-the-sky thing about 'goodwill' and 'trust'.
    Now doesn't he sound familiar...

The only difference is, this one seems a tad more clever, than his orange-skinned, cousin.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Now doesn't he sound familiar...

The only difference is, this one seems a tad more clever, than his orange-skinned, cousin.
    There are certainly vast similarities, it seems.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

There are certainly vast similarities, it seems.
    john oliver did a good segment on boris on "last week".

he's far more self aware and cunning than people give him credit for. but still, he seemed like a doofus.

so for all my brittish brothers here, i hope you guys survive him.

Miyo Inabami: "You know what? Screw doing this fair and square. I'm just gonna poison my enemies before the game even starts."
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    john oliver did a good segment on boris on "last week".

he's far more self aware and cunning than people give him credit for. but still, he seemed like a doofus.

so for all my brittish brothers here, i hope you guys survive him.
    We’re basically screwed. The pound today hit its lowest level in over two years (i.e. since the middle of the post-Brexit-referendum slump).

The economy knows. It knows.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Nanatsu no Taizai:

While that stinger was telegraphed from essentially space, I still got a little hype.

Let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    We’re basically screwed. The pound today hit its lowest level in over two years (i.e. since the middle of the post-Brexit-referendum slump).

The economy knows. It knows.
    Yea, but like. If he IS related to the orange goofus ... people like him anyway.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'm looking at the shooting in California. The shooter -- legally -- bought his high-capacity semi-automatic rifle in Nevada just a short time ago. He was 19 years old.

The legal drinking age in Nevada is 21.
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I'm looking at the shooting in California. The shooter -- legally -- bought his high-capacity semi-automatic rifle in Nevada just a short time ago. He was 19 years old.

Well yeah. Alcohol, it'll make you do CRAZY stuff! But guns, their only dangerous if you are unsafe with them, or already wanted to kill someone, or bought one that wasn't well manufactured, or...

wait, what was my point?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

One day people will start realizing that Guns are not toys, many gun owners treat their guns and other weapons either like pretty decorations, or they think that it is perfectly safe to carry around, like a tube of lipstick or a hairbrush.

I've heard too many horror stories of kids finding guns in glove compartments, their mother's pocketbooks, or inside drawers. They find the guns and then they shoot themselves or someone near by.

Guns are dangerous. It's a strange American myth that guns magically only shoot 'bad guys' and that they are otherwise perfectly harmless.

It's a strange American myth just because you sell someone a gun, they won't use it.

It's a strange American myth that guns are like toys, that they are safe for all ages.

America is very strange
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Well yeah. Alcohol, it'll make you do CRAZY stuff!
    Also 'immoral', I'm guessing.

But guns, their only dangerous if you are unsafe with them, or already wanted to kill someone, or bought one that wasn't well manufactured, or...

wait, what was my point?
    Yeah. I'd put a smilie in, but this is too painfully true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One day people will start realizing that Guns are not toys, many gun owners treat their guns and other weapons either like pretty decorations, or they think that it is perfectly safe to carry around, like a tube of lipstick or a hairbrush.

I've heard too many horror stories of kids finding guns in glove compartments, their mother's pocketbooks, or inside drawers. They find the guns and then they shoot themselves or someone near by.

Guns are dangerous. It's a strange American myth that guns magically only shoot 'bad guys' and that they are otherwise perfectly harmless.

It's a strange American myth just because you sell someone a gun, they won't use it.

It's a strange American myth that guns are like toys, that they are safe for all ages.

America is very strange.
    It's rather mind-boggling.
    Why are we here?